Purchase dilemma

Hanavarian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
Ppf is a must have on all new cars paint is so thin. I always do full hood, lights, bumper, mirror caps at min. With rockblox or other sides should be fine.

The car will get chipped either way. I had one car the grill sensor module $1200 cracked so next one I had ppf on it as well.

OP
OP

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Dream mustang
So update. The used car guy called and he's sounding desparate.
Ford dealer told me 12-14 weeks for delivery of either GT or Mach 1 which of course I take with a grain of salt.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ford dealer told me 12-14 weeks for delivery of either GT or Mach 1 which of course I take with a grain of salt.
And what is the cause of his desperation? Could there be an issue with the car or does he really need to unload it. Remember it’s not a deal unless you really, really want it.

OP
OP

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Dream mustang
I'm in no rush to have it in my hands, it's April before I could drive it. Ya that car is three options short of perfect plus the warrenty consideration. I liked your last line which is a good point to remember.

Hanavarian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
Probably because they are not selling aquay at inflated or even MSRP because people waiting it out if they can...

OP
OP

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Dream mustang
Probably because they are not selling aquay at inflated or even MSRP because people waiting it out if they can...
Hey Hanavarian,
I forgot to give you a shout out earlier. I appreciate your advice. So if I went used I would pay cash and live with a lower bank balance which would be ok if it was perfect. I'm heavily leaning towards new and pulling the trigger and locking in the interest rate before they start raising them which could happen as soon as later this month. The price for 2022 went up a bit. The choice is between the Mach 1 I spec'd earlier and the PP1 401a GT. I'm leaning to pulling the trigger this weekend if they'll guarantee the rate. Then of course it'll be worse than waiting for Christmas.😁😭

Last edited:

Hanavarian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
Hey Hanavarian,
I forgot to give you a shout out earlier. I appreciate your advice. So of I went used I would pay cash and and live with a lower balance which would be ok if it was perfect. I'm heavily leaning towards new and pulling the trigger and locking in the interest rate before they start raising them which could happen as soon as later this month. The price for 2022 went up a bit. The choice is between the Mach 1 I spec'd earlier and the PP1 401a GT. I'm leaning to pulling the trigger this weekend of they'll guarantee the rate. Then of course it'll be worse than waiting for Christmas.😁😭
Go for what you want most life is short and the payment not much difference that if you are worried about it wait till the fuel bill haha. I'd get the M1 personally but a fine choice either way.

OP
OP

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Dream mustang
OMG dealing with dealers is killing me slowly. I have the info for the GT but that dealer wasn't alloted a Mach1 so had to go to another dealer to get info for the Mach1 and they still haven't confirmed if they are alloted one for 2022. They do have one in their showroom. Fighter Jet gray model no handling package 600A. Looks marked up at least $5k.

Gawd this is the painful part.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
OMG dealing with dealers is killing me slowly. I have the info for the GT but that dealer wasn't alloted a Mach1 so had to go to another dealer to get info for the Mach1 and they still haven't confirmed if they are alloted one for 2022. They do have one in their showroom. Fighter Jet gray model no handling package 600A. Looks marked up at least $5k.

Gawd this is the painful part.
AFAIK there isn't an allotment for the mach 1. If they put in a retail order they will get one. They may be trying to sell you one they have coming in already.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (Scheduled For Production 30 May 22)
Agreed. The dealer I worked with started playing to an "allocation" to justify an $5K ADM and have me jump on it immediately. In the end, a routine order was placed, without an ADM.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Is the purchase system in Canada the same as in the US? That is, can a dealer special order a car or they are restricted to how many the factory allocates to them?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the knowledge gained here (Thanks Guys!) I simply explained to him that, since there was no allocation program for the Mach 1, they 1) would not have any difficulty placing an order for what I wanted and 2) because production was not limited, they could not justify an ADM. They were also trying to twist "late availability" into "limited production".

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
" Is the purchase system in Canada the same as in the US? That is, can a dealer special order a car or they are restricted to how many the factory allocates to them? "

Touch'e. I cannot answer that.

Maybe Ford limits some models in that overseas/non-US-specific parts are made in less numbers?

Last edited:

16 - CJ Pony Parts - 1