ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
How?! Performance is comparable to PP2 car at much higher cost with trans that is less reliable
How, easy the o/p didn't list it as a model on his list.
Comparing a unit the buyer isn't interested is worthless. plus if a M1 is 85k taxes all in, where he is at. a 500 would be 130+ with the ATM's and such.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone!

Finally got around to registering. I'm in the market for a Mustang. Long story short I owned a candy Apple Red 67 Mustang Coupe with a nice little 289 auto set up when I was young...er and am now in full blown mid life crisis purchasing mode. I'm advised that it's cheaper than a girlfriend.😏
So the issue is when a good deal appears but it's short of a few wanted options what do you do? It's a 2020 S550 Rapid Red PP1 auto with 401a black interior and 2000km. Yup thats right less than 2000 miles on it. It's $50k plus provincial sales tax so $56k So the car I spec'd new is close, my spec added the red seats, active exhaust and of course Magneride. But it comes to $73k. This is mainly a summer toy and probably won't be tracked more than once a year.
What would you do? Save the $17k or go for the dream machine?

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

(I was looking at a Mach 1 and man it's a stretch at $85k taxes in. )

Oh and as more info may help I plan on modding it to have a more classic Vibe with the 50th anniversary rims and replacing the grill with the horse and corral from the Pony package. ( I know, old people and their crazy ideas) it'll be the bomb!!
From the options you want the only valuable one is the active exhaust. Magneride is great but stock PP1 cars are not that harsh on the road in fact they are really soft. So with that in mind no need for Magneride. Also 17 000$ is a big difference and you can add aftermarket suspension and red seats for a lot less than that. I say go get the car cheap and enjoy.

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
How, easy the o/p didn't list it as a model on his list.
Comparing a unit the buyer isn't interested is worthless. plus if a M1 is 85k taxes all in, where he is at. a 500 would be 130+ with the ATM's and such.
I’m comparing Mach 1 vs GT with magnaride. There is not enough difference to charge the extra price tag of a M1. If a Mach 1 is dream car go with it bc he will regret not but if just having a nice mustang then go with GT.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I’m comparing Mach 1 vs GT with magnaride. There is not enough difference to charge the extra price tag of a M1. If a Mach 1 is dream car go with it bc he will regret not but if just having a nice mustang then go with GT.
Can you price out Oil Cooler, Active Trans cooler and Active Diff Cooler separately for a GT you will figure out that this alone is a lot of coins.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OK so since this isn't a PP2 or a Mach 1 thread I'll stick to the question OP actually asked. The RR 2020 for $50K looks like a reasonable deal. If you really, really like the car then you should give it serious consideration. As already mentioned MagneRide is certainly noticeable and nice to have but, at least for me, it wasn't do or die. Changing the interior color is an easy and affordable upgrade. But, again this is just me, the active exhaust was a must. Now you can go aftermarket but having a factory system that sounds this good is worth every penny.

So now as far as ordering a new car. It will be 2 years newer, and be built exactly the way you want it. If you have the $$, and the time I would strongly consider this route. If you consider this a long time purchase as opposed to a 2/3 year toy this would certainly be the way to go. Good luck in whatever decision you make. :like:

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
In my opinion (from personal experience), MagneRide is worth the extra money. I've owned two S550s, one with MR and one without. I'll take MagneRide every day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's the adaptibility, improved handling, the options for the damper modes that make it worth while.

Not saying a Mustang without MR is any less of a Mustang, but if you're already forking out $50k+, what's an extra $1600 for MR? I believe that it's worthwhile, and you can't add it later.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion (from personal experience), MagneRide is worth the extra money. I've owned two S550s, one with MR and one without. I'll take MagneRide every day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's the adaptibility, improved handling, the options for the damper modes that make it worth while.

Not saying a Mustang without MR is any less of a Mustang, but if you're already forking out $50k+, what's an extra $1600 for MR? I believe that it's worthwhile, and you can't add it later.

penny wise pound foolish ............... applies LMAO

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The car you describe is excellent except for magneride which is very good. But, is if worth 17K, no.

Buy the car you are looking at and if you really need magneride, then pay for the aftermarket version. I have had Magneride on 2 mustangs and one without. It is nice, but so is a gt40. Realistically, the car you are looking at for that price in CD is a deal. Go for it.

BTW, PP2 cars only come with a stick. The 10 speed for me now is a deal breaker. Much, much faster than the stick. And, fun to drive with the paddles.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I have owned both. Huge difference. There are many, many differences other than the Tremec.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2015 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
Spend the extra now and get the MR and active exhaust, whether it’s a PP1 or a PP2. I spent 3 years modding the suspension and exhaust in my 2018 GT PP1 without MR, and after test driving a Mach 1 it was a no brainer to trade in the GT. Huge difference. I have no desire to really do any serious mods to the Mach.

OP
OP

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Dream mustang
Hi all, wow so many responses. So I am reading and thinking about all that has been said so far. Thanks for the input. I'll have more thoughts on this later.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Debatable 🤣
Yes! in a perfect world we would own both as I did several times. Can't beat the Tremec for going through the gears, but 1/4 there absolutely no comparison. The 10 speed will, and does waste the stick. At the same time jambing the gears manually is exhilarating. But, put those car together and nail it, the 10 speed will leave it in the dust. Plus downshifting the 10 speed in sport and nailing it is something. Both good.
But, the OP was looking at an auto and I agree with that decision.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 18 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Spend the extra now and get the MR and active exhaust, whether it’s a PP1 or a PP2. I spent 3 years modding the suspension and exhaust in my 2018 GT PP1 without MR, and after test driving a Mach 1 it was a no brainer to trade in the GT. Huge difference. I have no desire to really do any serious mods to the Mach.
Congrats Mike, Glad you opted for new.

202 - CarModsAmerica - 1