Sponsored

Pulling the Exhaust Valve Fuse - Works perfect!

cortez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
i've been running my 2020 without the fuse since March 2022 and have not had any issues. :)
Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Are stock active exhaust mufflers any louder than stock 2018+ non active GT mufflers?

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So on this subject, there was a TSB 18-2290 that listed among the remedies "Reprogram the PCM using the latest version of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool."

Apparently, all you need to do to get this PCM update (usually) is complain to your dealer about the valves sticking and locking you out of "Weather" mode when it's cold out (it's a safety issue.) But if you can trigger DTC P26FE in the PCM, all the better.

I do wonder if this PCM update defeats the logic that disables drive modes when the valves aren't working.

This PCM update also apparently reduces piston slap, FWIW.

z1huggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
2018 GT350 here. No work for me.

keeps valves open but locks out drive modes for me. Which is OK if I'm just driving to the starbux or a car show :)

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Tempted to try this on my GT. Nice find.
If this works, I'm thinking an inline fuse holder and a switch in the blank panel above the rockers in the center stack. So you can turn them back on, with a switch for those times you might be pulled over. and it still be fused when in use, but only a , put it in track mode, and turn the switch off to be back in action with always fully open valves.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Wash your mouth out with soap!
I don't think you would want to do that. The reason they open is not to be loud, but to allow better flow, which gets you more power. You are basically choking off the engine.

It's going to be a real sad day when there are no more gas engines. :wink:
Can't use some tracks because of noise level. For example, Spa is normally ok (103db), but evening sessions set a 90 or 95db limit. Zolder, Hockenheim and Zandvoort can also be challenging. The common solution has been Grimspeed or AWE. If pulling a fuse can do the same thing, then problem solved. No need for soap and no worries about choking off the engine or post-ICE depression. Just looking for a simple solution for a simple problem.

Sponsored

PJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Mustang
If this works, I'm thinking an inline fuse holder and a switch in the blank panel above the rockers in the center stack. So you can turn them back on, with a switch for those times you might be pulled over. and it still be fused when in use, but only a , put it in track mode, and turn the switch off to be back in action with always fully open valves.
Another option, if you don't want to hardwire a switch is to use a wireless relay. Then, instead of using the little remotes that come with the relay, you can program one of your homelink buttons to activate and deactivate it. The mod can is also easily reversible should you ever want to remove it.

I made one for my C7, and it works great. There are DIY instructions on Stingray forum under "Do it yourself, Mild to Wild switch"

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Another option, if you don't want to hardwire a switch is to use a wireless relay. Then, instead of using the little remotes that come with the relay, you can program one of your homelink buttons to activate and deactivate it. The mod can is also easily reversible should you ever want to remove it.

I made one for my C7, and it works great. There are DIY instructions on Corvette forum under "Do it yourself, Mild to Wild switch"
Would rather just pull a fuse.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
If this works on a 2017, I am going to feel like such a dummy
Tried it on my 2017. No luck. Valves stay open, but no drive mode selection available. Which ironically, I had considered mapping my track magneride settings to normal mode so I could get a more linear throttle feel, so it may not matter.

I could individually put the suspension and steering into sport mode, and turn off advancetrac. So while it didn't work perfect, it did work a little.

Thanks OP!
You both may want to look into this mod. I tried it on my 2018 and it didn't work, but other 2016 and 2017 owners have posted saying it works for them.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/controlling-the-gt350-exhaust-valve.14051/

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Any updates on this? Does this only work on 2019 and 2020 MY? Also those who did this last year how is it going? Any issues?

Thinking of trying this tomorrow.

*EDIT*

Tried this today. Worked like a cham, no issues. All drive modes working. SO nice to finally hear a true cold start and not have to constantly open the valves. There's only a few complaints I have about the car, and that was one of them. The valve should had been a saved option that would allow us to continue with it open on start up.
Sponsored

Last edited: