Sponsored

Pulling the Exhaust Valve Fuse - Works perfect!

Matteo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matteo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350R
I would like to know if with this mod, if you put the sixth gear, at low revs the valves remain open?
Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I would like to know if with this mod, if you put the sixth gear, at low revs the valves remain open?
The valves have no more power to them. How would they open?

Or, take your car out, pull the fuse, then make a highway run and let us know. I am always down to hear real world testing!

OP
OP

shelby702

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
The valves have no more power to them. How would they open?

Or, take your car out, pull the fuse, then make a highway run and let us know. I am always down to hear real world testing!
Put the car in track mode to ensure the valves are fully open. Then pull the fuse with the car on. Once the fuse is pulledā€¦the valve will never close regardless of drive mode or gear. It will always remain opened until you put the fuse back in

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Great mod, are the valves open anymore or less when in track or sport mode?

OP
OP

shelby702

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Great mod, are the valves open anymore or less when in track or sport mode?
I honestly dont know but i did it in track to be safe and ensure they are fully open. I can confirm it is definitely a little louder than it was before pulling the fuse in track mode. I also get more burbles and pops. Im guessing track mode does open up the valves more or the valves adjust depending on throttle input but its def a bit louder with the valves disabled now

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Great find for those not living in a close neighborhood and leaving the house at 4AM.
Personally, I keep the valves closed on early mornings until Iā€™m away from home a little. No need to contribute to new sound ordinance laws.
When itā€™s not a concern, rock on.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Great find for those not living in a close neighborhood and leaving the house at 4AM.
Personally, I keep the valves closed on early mornings until Iā€™m away from home a little. No need to contribute to new sound ordinance laws.
When itā€™s not a concern, rock on.
I hear you. I live close to my neighbors. But the fact that they will blow by my house with my son and daughter playing outside means I may give their home a little extra rip as I go by at 4 am. Fudge 'em.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I hear you. I live close to my neighbors. But the fact that they will blow by my house with my son and daughter playing outside means I may give their home a little extra rip as I go by at 4 am. Fudge 'em.
Man, I get that. I live on a cul-de-sac so itā€™s not much of an issue. Up the street, I wouldnā€™t let kids play in the street. Around our home, itā€™s encouraged. To me a neighborhood isnā€™t a neighborhood unless kids are outside playingā€¦.doesnā€™t happen much anymore, sad.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So, this would also work to keep the valves closed?
I don't think you would want to do that. The reason they open is not to be loud, but to allow better flow, which gets you more power. You are basically choking off the engine.

It's going to be a real sad day when there are no more gas engines. :wink:
Sponsored