Sponsored

Pulled over for/gotten a ticket for stock GT350/R exhaust?

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
5 years driving a stock exhaust in various modes- I’m respectful with my neighbors and community. Typically if I see a cop and the valves are open, I’ll close them
Did that once as I was going through an accident detour on local streets, and saw a cop directing the cars through. When I got up close, I saw it was my son in law(yes, he's local LE). And said to him, "if I knew you were here, I would've asked to drive through, instead of doing the detour". :crackup: It always helps to have a hook with the local Police dept, when you have a car like ours. :wink:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
I live in CA I was pulled over in my 19 R for loud exhaust and I went back and forth with him about it. He was a motorcycle cop I said you are more than welcome to look under the car I paid 100k {white lie lol }for the dam car I'm not about to cut it up!!! he took off his helmet and looked and yelled holy crap you're tires are bald dude I then had to explain the whole car to him at wich point he said oh its a race car its not legal to drive on the street. I said you can google it now..... or later and look silly in court. he said well........ I have never seen one and we are out busting mustangs camaros and chargers for loud exhaust
So what happened? Were you able to avoid a ticket? Or did the officer still issue you one?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I live in CA I was pulled over in my 19 R for loud exhaust and I went back and forth with him about it. He was a motorcycle cop I said you are more than welcome to look under the car I paid 100k {white lie lol }for the dam car I'm not about to cut it up!!! he took off his helmet and looked and yelled holy crap you're tires are bald dude I then had to explain the whole car to him at wich point he said oh its a race car its not legal to drive on the street. I said you can google it now..... or later and look silly in court. he said well........ I have never seen one and we are out busting mustangs camaros and chargers for loud exhaust
California is a big place with various jurisdictions having vastly different thought processes, read conservative vs liberal.
Where did this happen?
The Central Valley doesn’t even feel like California as a whole.
Also interested in the rest of your story.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
homer donuts.gif
picard holding head.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was pulled over for it...Bone stock GT350. Cop was extremely rude and wouldn't let me talk. He just kept yelling "you want attention?? You got it!!!". I made a left turn then a right turn 20 yards after.. so I didn't gun it, I didn't have room to gun it.
I finally explained it's a stock exhaust and he said "I'm not born yesterday!!!". He must have had his doubts because he didn't ticket me. After berating me for another minute, he just got back in his cruiser and drove away.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was pulled over for it...Bone stock GT350. Cop was extremely rude and wouldn't let me talk. He just kept yelling "you want attention?? You got it!!!". I made a left turn then a right turn 20 yards after.. so I didn't gun it, I didn't have room to gun it.
I finally explained it's a stock exhaust and he said "I'm not born yesterday!!!". He must have had his doubts because he didn't ticket me. After berating me for another minute, he just got back in his cruiser and drove away.
sounds like he was just looking for someone to blow off steam.... He knew he had no case.... geez...

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Does anyone have a sound clip of a r exhaust

OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
So what happened? Were you able to avoid a ticket? Or did the officer still issue you one?
the officer asked where I was headed I said home and pointed across the street and opened my garage he shook his head handed me my license and said have a nice day I'm going to do some research on this thing

OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
the officer asked where I was headed I said home and pointed across the street and opened my garage he shook his head handed me my license and said have a nice day I'm going to do some research on this thing
You should have warned him about too much research, he will be buying one himself

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I would have pointed him to the Jay Leno video if he wants an education...

Alekha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I saw this topic in the S550 general thread and I’ve always wondered if anyone has gotten pulled over or received a ticket even with the stock exhaust. Especially with the R. I live in Wisconsin, and am actually a prosecutor, so I know it wouldn’t hold up in court, but it would still be a hassle to fight the ticket. Just wondering of other peoples experiences. Again, I am only talking about stock exhaust.
I actually just got pulled over yesterday for this in Los Angeles, CA. I have a 2020 Mustang GTPP1. I had it in sport + mode and I saw the officer who was 4 lanes across from me. As I was turning left he cut across all 4 lanes, which is super dangerous on that part of the street, and got behind me to pull me over. He came to my window and asked if I knew why he was pulling me over and I said I have no idea as I knew I hadn't broken any laws, and he told me it was because my exhaust was too loud. I went back and forth with him explaining that my exhaust as well as the rest of my car was stock. He tried saying that it doesn't matter and that the dealerships sell the car to you knowing that they aren't "street legal" and that's between you and them. So I further questioned him saying "the manufacturer produces the car and tests it to meet state emissions and regulations and then sells the car to the dealership legally which then sells it to me legally, and then when you pull me over for a STOCK exhaust it is then my responsibility to pay a ticket that is the cause of THEIR manufacturing?" He didn't have much to say to that and then asked me to pop the hood for him to "inspect" it which I very much so welcomed. He pretended to look through it as if he knew what he was looking for, and was then satisfied. Thankfully I have an active exhaust option in my car, so I asked him if it would be okay for me to rev my car and show him something. He agreed so I went on to rev my car in quiet mode, normal mode, sport mode, and track mode. He then asked me what mode was I in when he pulled me over and I told him sport mode. Then he was like okay well I'm not gonna give you a ticket today only because it's a 5.0, which was absolute bs, but just so you know for next time you could get state reffed. Then I asked him how can I get state reffed for a exhaust that is stock? The whole point of a state ref is to RETURN your car BACK to STOCK which my car already is. He then said "well I'm not mechanic (obviously) but they will recommend something." To which I asked him if I can change the noise of my exhaust right here with the push of a button how is it possible to be state reffed and his response was they will probably just have you keep it in normal mode...

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Sometimes you get cops like that so whenever I see one, I just always switch it to quiet to avoid the hassle of being pulled over.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Last time I got pulled over and asked the usual “ do you have any large amount of cash on you or firearms or drugs”….to which I said, “not on this trip”

Alekha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Sometimes you get cops like that so whenever I see one, I just always switch it to quiet to avoid the hassle of being pulled over.
Yeah it's ridiculous to have to even do that. Like why can't they do something better with their time and resources. It's so sad
Sponsored