Pulled over for/gotten a ticket for stock GT350/R exhaust?

Postal Bob

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
5 years driving a stock exhaust in various modes- I’m respectful with my neighbors and community. Typically if I see a cop and the valves are open, I’ll close them
Did that once as I was going through an accident detour on local streets, and saw a cop directing the cars through. When I got up close, I saw it was my son in law(yes, he's local LE). And said to him, "if I knew you were here, I would've asked to drive through, instead of doing the detour". :crackup: It always helps to have a hook with the local Police dept, when you have a car like ours. :wink:

Advertisement

Last edited:
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium Conv., 2017 Edge Sport
I live in CA I was pulled over in my 19 R for loud exhaust and I went back and forth with him about it. He was a motorcycle cop I said you are more than welcome to look under the car I paid 100k {white lie lol }for the dam car I'm not about to cut it up!!! he took off his helmet and looked and yelled holy crap you're tires are bald dude I then had to explain the whole car to him at wich point he said oh its a race car its not legal to drive on the street. I said you can google it now..... or later and look silly in court. he said well........ I have never seen one and we are out busting mustangs camaros and chargers for loud exhaust
So what happened? Were you able to avoid a ticket? Or did the officer still issue you one?

460Fred

Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
I live in CA I was pulled over in my 19 R for loud exhaust and I went back and forth with him about it. He was a motorcycle cop I said you are more than welcome to look under the car I paid 100k {white lie lol }for the dam car I'm not about to cut it up!!! he took off his helmet and looked and yelled holy crap you're tires are bald dude I then had to explain the whole car to him at wich point he said oh its a race car its not legal to drive on the street. I said you can google it now..... or later and look silly in court. he said well........ I have never seen one and we are out busting mustangs camaros and chargers for loud exhaust
California is a big place with various jurisdictions having vastly different thought processes, read conservative vs liberal.
Where did this happen?
The Central Valley doesn’t even feel like California as a whole.
Also interested in the rest of your story.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
homer donuts.gif
picard holding head.jpg

Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was pulled over for it...Bone stock GT350. Cop was extremely rude and wouldn't let me talk. He just kept yelling "you want attention?? You got it!!!". I made a left turn then a right turn 20 yards after.. so I didn't gun it, I didn't have room to gun it.
I finally explained it's a stock exhaust and he said "I'm not born yesterday!!!". He must have had his doubts because he didn't ticket me. After berating me for another minute, he just got back in his cruiser and drove away.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was pulled over for it...Bone stock GT350. Cop was extremely rude and wouldn't let me talk. He just kept yelling "you want attention?? You got it!!!". I made a left turn then a right turn 20 yards after.. so I didn't gun it, I didn't have room to gun it.
I finally explained it's a stock exhaust and he said "I'm not born yesterday!!!". He must have had his doubts because he didn't ticket me. After berating me for another minute, he just got back in his cruiser and drove away.
sounds like he was just looking for someone to blow off steam.... He knew he had no case.... geez...

Advertisement

15 - Steeda - 6

Advertisement