BleedNBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 2018 Toyota 4Runner ORP; 2007 Sea Ray 270 SLX
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this the below puddle on the garage floor this morning. The color is red-ish brown. The chunks you see in the attached pictures is a leaf. Thoughts?

Thanks
Rich
CloseUp.jpg

Distant.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BleedNBlue

BleedNBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, forgot to mention -> 2018 GT, MT, no mods

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It’s either water that the leaf dyed red or it’s trans fluid

OP
OP
BleedNBlue

BleedNBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s either water that the leaf dyed red or it’s trans fluid
Good thought. Unfortunately wife says it is oily. Looks like a transmission leak?

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
What color is your coolant? If it's orange it kinda looks like that.

If it was an auto I'd say definitely trans fluid, but manual fluid is usually clear from the factory (unless someone filled it with ATF).

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Good thought. Unfortunately wife says it is oily. Looks like a transmission leak?
That was my first thought. If you can get the car up in the air or get your phone or some other camera to take some pictures, it should be noticeable if it’s a leak of some kind. If you’re parked somewhere else, if you pull your car out of the spot you’re in, there would be something on the ground there too if you’re leaking something.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Saw this the below puddle on the garage floor this morning. The color is red-ish brown. The chunks you see in the attached pictures is a leaf. Thoughts?

Thanks
Rich
CloseUp.jpg

Distant.jpg
Thats the ATF, they are there to inquire about your firearms

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
But in all honesty, it looks more like coolant to me than oil. The way it disperses over the concrete like that in a thin film seems more indicitive to water than transmission fluid. Trans fluid would pool together with a thicker layer due to the higher viscosity, that's my guess at least. Give it the sniff test and youll know for sure. Keep us updated.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Smell it, if it smells sweet its trans fluid. Thats what my trans fluid leak looked like. Mine was caused by some bushing failing in my catalytic converter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BleedNBlue

BleedNBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all for your help. When I get home tonight I will give it a sniff and taste test. I will keep you updated!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks all for your help. When I get home tonight I will give it a sniff and taste test. I will keep you updated!
Crackers or a piece of toast pair well with trans fluid 😂. JK, don’t ingest trans fluid, bad things will happen. Let us know what you discover!

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Looks to me that it is either transmission fluid or coolant. The color looks identical to the coolant leak that I had. Had my water pump replaced under warranty as it went.

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe my eyes are going, but the color seems to radiate from the leaf. I agree with other replies that it looks more like water than transmission fluid.

Transmission fluid will be oily and have a strong sweet smell.

It wasn't mentioned: If the car was started but you didn't take off right away, it could it just be condensation for the AC?

Good luck and let us know what you find tonight!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Thanks
Rich
CloseUp.jpg

Distant.jpg
If we are looking at that image - is the nose of the car pulled up to that cement rain gutter on the floor? If so, that would be driver side if I’m correct.

The “leak” appears to be more towards the passenger side. Were you by chance running the A/C or defroster? If so, it could just be condensation from the HVAC system, which leaks down on top of the trans, onto the pavement and drowned the leaf

I see more “water” in the image than I do if it were any type of trans fluid. As others said above, trans fluid is red, it’s thicker than water and it won’t dissipate as that stain shows - it would be a uniform red from the point of the initial drop to the pavement to the pooling of it

The stain on the floor could be almost center, but really hard to tell by the pic how the car is parked, if it’s nearly center, then definitely water pump, overflow bottle hose or coolant hose.
Sponsored