PSI Proformance Procharger Catch Can - Breather style, Non-recirculated

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I've gotten a few questions about my custom catch can so I figured I'd post a thread on it giving us Procharged guys another catch can option.

PSI Proformance Procharger Catch Can
• Breather style
• Non-Recirculated
• Easy Drain
• Large Capacity
• -AN Lines and Valve Cover Fittings

• This catch can is non-recirculated so it does not connect to the intake at all, meaning it is impossible for anything to make it's way into the intake from the PCV system.

• The can has breathers on it to relieve the crankcase pressure so it is not as restrictive as other catch cans using the Procharger routing.

• It's tight, but the can can be drained without removing or disconnecting anything unlike other catch cans.

Personally I had PSI make me this can because my previous one was too small and since it was sealed, it built up condensation very quickly. After a couple days the thing would be completely full of water and a little oil. At one point after only one week I had water/oil overflowing from the can into the intake and getting drawn into the blower, getting sucked into the motor and blown all out of my BOV. I also hated having to remove the entire can every time to drain it, and dealing with those horrible push lock fittings. I considered going breathers but I did not want to have to keep up with cleaning them so that they would not drip oil. I opted to run my pass side hose around the back instead of the typical procharger way to make it a cleaner install.

PSI Proformance has done a ton of excellent fab work for me and they are very good at it. They have this design saved so if anybody is interested contact Travis for pricing and availability.

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

IMG_20180320_211324.jpg
IMG_20180320_211309.jpg
IMG_20180320_211150.jpg
IMG_20180320_211549.jpg
IMG_20180324_132258.jpg
IMG_20180324_132303.jpg
View attachment 282398

Updated pics with cleaner hose routing lol

img-20190324-172905-jpg.jpg

img-20190324-172924-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
How does it get any vaccum at idle to to work the pcv valve.It looks like it is just like running breathers except for u have a can to catch the oil coming out.

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
How does it get any vaccum at idle to to work the pcv valve.It looks like it is just like running breathers except for u have a can to catch the oil coming out.
No PCV valve, that's exactly what it is lol. Breathers with a can to catch the oil.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Do you have a link to that setup? Their website must be boosted because it blows!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
No PCV valve, that's exactly what it is lol. Breathers with a can to catch the oil.
Gotcha,i havs dealt the same thing with all the condensation filling up the can especially on e85 and probably going a different route myself.I bought one of upr's crankcase pressure relieve valves that go in place of the oil cap and that piece of junk through oil all down the passenger side of my car.Called them about it and they said crankcase pressure is forcing oil out of the filter!!!!!,I said wtf u think i bought the valve for was relieve crankcase pressure not oil all down the side of my car..Waste of money on valve and catch can

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Couple things out of curiosity and ignoarance.

Procharger says to cap the passenger side as does American Muscle, curious why you didn't.

Also with a check valve it closes under boost but this doesn't have the ability...make a difference?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)

Procharger says to cap the passenger side as does American Muscle, curious why you didn't.

Also with a check valve it closes under boost but this doesn't have the ability...make a difference?
Not sure wheir u got capping the passenger side as i have a procharger and nowhere does it say to cap the passenger side,which is the side the pcv valve is on,they may have did that on 11 to 14 models not sure.

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a link to that setup? Their website must be boosted because it blows!
This is it lol I don't think they have it on their website anywhere. Email [email protected] and he can probably give you more info,details, and pics.

Gotcha,i havs dealt the same thing with all the condensation filling up the can especially on e85 and probably going a different route myself.I bought one of upr's crankcase pressure relieve valves that go in place of the oil cap and that piece of junk through oil all down the passenger side of my car.Called them about it and they said crankcase pressure is forcing oil out of the filter!!!!!,I said wtf u think i bought the valve for was relieve crankcase pressure not oil all down the side of my car..Waste of money on valve and catch can
Damn, that's ridiculous lol. I wanted to do breathers because it's cheap but I don't have much time to do maintenance and I know they'll end up dripping all over before I can get to them.

Not sure wheir u got capping the passenger side as i have a procharger and nowhere does it say to cap the passenger side,which is the side the pcv valve is on,they may have did that on 11 to 14 models not sure.
You cap the passenger side manifold connection for the PCV, but you don't cap the valve cover fitting! The part you cap is on the intake manifold.

There is no check valve, the PCV valve gets replaced with an adapter to -AN fittings. They are part of the kit.

small-fittings-square-1.jpg

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Just a heads up for the cars that have excessive crankcase pressure and want to run a one-way breather without losing the PCV function and vacuum for clean throttle and daily driving. We designed a bonnet that goes over the one-way breather and it runs to a breather tank and allows the engine to dump all the blowby without sacrificing the PCV system. This is a brand new setup we filed for a utility patent as it eliminates all the crankcase pressure on the dirty and clean side of the PCV system.

The reason we filed for a utility patent on the actual connection from the bonnet on the one-way valve to a breather can is because it gets rid of the nasty mess and oil blowby from the crankcase without spraying all over the engine bay, valve cover, and headers. This has been tested and works incredible and has been the solution to running an open breather or any system that eliminates the PCV system.

This system is designed to be used in conjunction with a catch can. The most important thing is you will be able to maintain the benefits of the PCV system. Allowing you to maintain the full vacuum in the crankcase while the primary catch can catches all the oil running through the PCV.

Feel free to PM me and we can help you get set up.

Joe
Mustang CCV One-Way Breather Kit.jpg
View attachment 355329

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
i have the same setup as ahl love it way had upr before and can fills up to fast with condesation resulting in it blowing out my wastegate and all over my front bumper with this one
i just have to keep the can low to not make sure it doesnt spray my motor due to container building up to much condesation in california otherwise 10 times better then the upr shit i had

Sponsored

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
MY SETUP
output.jpg

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
i have the same setup as ahl love it way had upr before and can fills up to fast with condesation resulting in it blowing out my wastegate and all over my front bumper with this one
i just have to keep the can low to not make sure it doesnt spray my motor due to container building up to much condesation in california otherwise 10 times better then the upr shit i had
That's the benefit of the one-way breather it eliminates all the condensation build up from all the hot air blowby the superchargers create. I have them supercharged cars that make 700 to 900 at the wheels on my daughter's car and a few of the family toys. Without the new one-way breather tank setup, they can generate a bit of moisture on looser engines. The biggest benefit is keeping the PCV system results in much cleaner driveability and throttle response. This is something we worked with LUND, VMP and many of the top installers agree the PCV system is the best way to go when serviced properly.

Catch cans should be serviced more frequent in cooler weather and they're worth the overall benefits of vacuum in the crankcase.

Hope this explains it better for everyone, Joe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The main benefit of this patent-pending UPR Billet One-Way Breather System is that it's the only effective way to maintain a fully functional PCV and eliminate 100% of any blowby/positive pressure in the crankcase with a simple Plug n Play™ system.

The Blowby and excessive hot air that is forced out by the positive pressure is what generates all the moisture in any PCV system that will fill any catch can system. This is a new setup we have been testing to get around all of the moisture that is produced by the crankcase's hot air and in cooler temperatures, it can fill a catch can in no time. This works wonders on all applications as it allows the crankcase to flow much freer and get the cooler fresh air in much faster with the strong vacuum from the PCV. Otherwise, with breather systems, you only have stagnant air that lingers until it gets blown out.

None of my posts are meant to stir the pot or disrespect anyone and only to share our results. The evolution of products is to continually improve them with the current technology and performance demands in mind. After reading the two posts in this thread about the one-way breather issue with oil spray and catch can overfilling with moisture I wanted to shed some light on the reasons for both problems. Boost, Blowby, and crankcase air temps vs cooler weather are the factors that cause these situations and the new UPR Billet One-Way Breather System has been the only solution that has unconditionally let us keep the PCV system fully intact. As well as eliminating all the issues mentioned above to maintain perfect crankcase evacuation and driveability.

Joe
Mustang CCV One-Way Breather Kit Installed.jpg

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Sent you my pics of my catchcan yesterday,at your email.