Sponsored

PSA - I had a cracked Steeda wheel spacer

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
You’re right. I just hate how much the wheels sit in the fender. I really just need to get a GT350 lol.
Get longer studs and use slip on spacers. It's not really that much of an effort, ARP studs are superior to any OEM ones and you'll have the same effect of wheel sitting flush in a much safer manner.
Sponsored

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I do have magneride. I thought I confirmed that 25 in the front and 20 in the back clear the studs but I could be wrong. It’s hard to tell when they’re on the car.
I think that’s your problem. They even say on the site about issues with Magnaride.

C6C7A493-15D5-4D3E-AAF2-3109AD0DD0CB.png

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
So do the PP ecoboost wheels. But they aren't deep enough.
my aftermarket pp1 replicas had massive pockets cleared 20mm on stock studs cake. but, I know the stock wheels was not able too.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Please send me your contact info & order number to [email protected] - I will alert our manufacturing team that your info is coming our way.

Have a great night,

TJ

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
" Note: 20mm wheel spacers may require grinding of OE wheel studs for proper mounting if wheel does not have recessed pockets on back mounting surface."

The OEM PP wheels have recessed pockets.
Any time there is a note concerning clearance or potential interference, it's on the buyer to determine whether his specific situation requires any work to fit. Mfrs can't always anticipate every situation that their part may run into.

Recessed pocket depths can vary or contain a casting flaw/bump, actual stud lengths may vary (or the studs may have even been replaced by non-OE studs). Plenty of ways for this to go wrong.

Norm

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You’re right. I just hate how much the wheels sit in the fender. I really just need to get a GT350 lol.
Or just PP2 wheels and tire sizes . . . you'd be getting the 'flush appearance' that you're chasing and the real performance that using spacers only tries to fool people into thinking is present.

Norm

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OP was not bashing Steeda. He was just letting us know of his issue. Regardless of the validity of spacers, yata, yata, yata, Steeda has reached out and I'm sure we will hear of a resolution to the issue shortly.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We have received the customer's info & will have our sales team working on an exchange with the problematic wheel spacer.

We'll be doing an internal review (once we receive the problematic one back) to fully understand what may have taken place.

At first glance, on our internal team's observation, the stud length may have caused the issue among a couple of other variables. Our sales team will discuss the variables with the customer.

Thank you,

TJ

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did this issue get sorted and was there a conclusion on what caused the failure ?

I'm just being nosey - I like to understand how things fail and I would also be interested to see how accurate my initial thoughts / suspicions were :like:

WD :like:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They just became available & Jonn is sending the new one out today.

OP, did you get a return label for the cracked one?
Sponsored