Proud owner of #1086

th-1086

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 50th Anniversary LE
Picked up #1086 at a Ford Dealership in Dallas last weekend. Certified pre-owned with about 3,500 miles. Super psyched about it! Weekend driver.....going to enjoy it, but not rack up too many miles.

image000000.jpg
Sponsored

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
Congratulation enjoy your LE!!

BHRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary #1326 - 2016 Z51 Stingray - 1972 C10 Cheyenne
Congratulations!!! I hope you purchased the Ford extended warranty as well. My 1326 just came out of North Central Ford in Richardson Friday with a new AC compressor, evaporator (had to remove the dash to replace) and exhaust resonator. All my repairs were covered under the extended warranty as my certified pre-owned warranty didn't cover it all. I bought mine with 2978 miles Jan of '17 and just turned 12700. If you hear a whine from the compressor or tick coming from under the car go to the dealer ASAP to get fixed. Other than those issues it's been a great car.

Enjoy your new toy!

OP
OP

th-1086

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations!!! I hope you purchased the Ford extended warranty as well. My 1326 just came out of North Central Ford in Richardson Friday with a new AC compressor, evaporator (had to remove the dash to replace) and exhaust resonator. All my repairs were covered under the extended warranty as my certified pre-owned warranty didn't cover it all. I bought mine with 2978 miles Jan of '17 and just turned 12700. If you hear a whine from the compressor or tick coming from under the car go to the dealer ASAP to get fixed. Other than those issues it's been a great car.

Enjoy your new toy!
Thanks BHRS!

Bought the 8 year PremiumCare warranty for 48k so everything except maintenance should be covered for a while.

Sponsored

BHRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary #1326 - 2016 Z51 Stingray - 1972 C10 Cheyenne
Sounds like you've got the warranty deal covered. You didn't say if it's a stick or auto. Mines got the mt82 and it's been challenging to live with at times as it's not a consistent shifting transmission. I didn't want to make any big changes but I did add a Steeda shifter bracket and trans mount insert. It really tightened up the shifter and feels like a bolt action rifle when shifting.

Hopefully you'll have some good weather this Thanksgiving to enjoy some seat time. Happy Thanksgiving!

OP
OP

th-1086

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hey BHRS! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Looks like the weather around us is going to be nice on Saturday so plan on taking her out for a spin. I normally would have gone with the MT, but I decided on the auto because when you look at the numbers, the Kona Blue auto combo was the lowest production number (254). Also, seeing as it was the first auto to have the Performance Package, I thought that was pretty special. Sounds like you've taken a few minor steps to make the MT be exactly the way you want it.....very cool. Have a good week!

vyel8ers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Not to get off topic but are all 15 50th anniversary numbered? Or is just the white or the Kona blue? I have a deep impact blue with the 50th anniversary appearance package but is not numbered.

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
Not to get off topic but are all 15 50th anniversary numbered? Or is just the white or the Kona blue? I have a deep impact blue with the 50th anniversary appearance package but is not numbered.
50th Anniversary Appearance Package cars are different from limited edition. The LE (Limited Edition) vehicles were numbered 1 through 1964. There were only 1964 made to commemorate the year the car was introduced. They were made in only two colors Wimbledon White and Kona Blue. That was the only way to get these colors and some unique features (such as the layered glass quarter windows and an automatic with performance package). The only options were color and transmission type (Auto/Manual).

The 50th Anniversary Appearance package was an option on all (I think) 2015 Mustangs that could be ordered in any color. They were not limited in production nor numbered.

Last edited:

Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
50th Anniversary Appearance Package cars are different from limited edition. The LE (Limited Edition) vehicles were numbered 1 through 1964. There were only 1964 made to commemorate the year the car was introduced. They were made in only two colors Wimbledon White and Kona Blue. That was the only way to get these colors and some unique features (such as the layered glass quarter windows and an automatic with performance package). The only options were color and transmission type (Auto/Manual).

The 50th Anniversary Appearance package was an option on all (I think) 2015 Mustangs that could be ordered in any color. They were not limited in production nor numbered.
Good to know. saw a sale of one with this with the appearance package passing it for an LE model.

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
Good to know. saw a sale of one with this with the appearance package passing it for an LE model.
I have been shopping for one a lot recently, lots of people try to do this. End of March I plant to buy and it is good to see a decent selection of them for sale out there. I'm not looking for a garage queen, I plant to daily drive mine. Hoping to find a WW with an Auto
Sponsored