Sponsored

Pros & cons of ecoboost boost gauge.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
For a turbo 5.0 setup, it seems as if the ecoboost gauge just swaps in. I'ts my understanding that this gauge gets its information from the ECU, so the value displayed is derived or does the ecu read the actual pressure from a map sensor? Would I be better off running a gauge tapped off the intake? Mfg boost gauges are normally just there for decoration lol.
Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Pro is it looks factory, and is plug and play. Cons are its useless because it's not accurate. If you want something accurate I'd go another route.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I think the Pro's and Con's are already out here. Personally I wouldn't spend much money on it. If I had a free one or saw someone selling theirs for nothing or later when these cars start getting parted out more, sure. It'd be cool to have a vac/boost gauge instead of just a vag gauge in that pod even if it's inferred. However for usability's sake just install a separate unit or even use an ngauge or similar integration

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Your best bet is to use the gauge on your boost controller, IMO. The OEM boost gauges are inaccurate and that defeats the whole purpose.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
As everyone else said, it's useless and not accurate.

If you have a boost controller, I would go by that. Otherwise, spring for a dedicated boost gauge mounted in a vent or A pillar.
Sponsored