Sponsored

Project: Voodoo Coyote

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
So, now that the GT350 parts are being made available, I have a solid grasp on the plans for my N/A build.

Originally, I was going to port my heads, put in beefier internals from MMR, do a full exhaust, and use a Boss 302 intake manifold to basically make a Gen 6 Boss 302 equivalent. The goal is to add decent power, but also rev safely to at least 8000 rpm. Suspension-wise, the Ford Racing Handling Pack is as much as I would put on the car, so it stays well-balanced, affordable, and street-able.

While much of this is staying the same, I am now leaning more towards making the car a bit more tame/street legal, but no less bad ass. The GT350 intake manifold is now replacing the Boss 302 manifold in the build (since I can get the part for a decent price now, and not that insane $1500 price from Ford Performance), and the full exhaust system may be a long-term goal, but an X-pipe/resonator delete, will suffice for now. The 8000 rpm goal is still the number one goal, and having usable power to the top of that limit. I'd also like to use the GT350 heads, but I'd have to find a deal to make it worth it.

So, I'll update this thread with videos in this first post through my progress:

Engine Mods:
[ame]

Suspension/Handling Mods:
[ame]
[ame]

Cosmetic Mods:
[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
Aren't the stock cams going to limit your peak HP RPM's?
Likely. However, I'm a piece-by-piece guy. I'll see how stock cams hold up with the new intake manifold and if they need an upgrade, I'll consider it.

I honestly think they'll hold up pretty well to 7500rpm, as they are as good or better than the Roadrunner cams. The exhaust cams ARE RoadRunner cams with 13mm of lift and the intake cams now also produce 13mm lift (up from the 12mm of the Boss' intake cams). Valve springs were also stiffened for the S550.

Long story short, these new Coyotes are flowing better than the 12/13 Roadrunner engines... they just have choke points at each end... thus my drive to upgrade the manifold and exhaust.

I truly believe just adding Long Tube Headers, a Boss or GT350 Intake Manifold, and a tune will make this a very unique engine setup that gets on the tail of the GT350 numbers.

The bigger issue is if the upgraded internals are needed to comfortably rev to an 8000 redline. I would think the stock S550 internals are good to 7500 all day long... but I really want to reach that 8k mark.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Likely. However, I'm a piece-by-piece guy. I'll see how stock cams hold up with the new intake manifold and if they need an upgrade, I'll consider it.

I honestly think they'll hold up pretty well to 7500rpm, as they are as good or better than the Roadrunner cams. The exhaust cams ARE RoadRunner cams with 13mm of lift and the intake cams now also produce 13mm lift (up from the 12mm of the Boss' intake cams). Valve springs were also stiffened for the S550.

Long story short, these new Coyotes are flowing better than the 12/13 Roadrunner engines... they just have choke points at each end... thus my drive to upgrade the manifold and exhaust.

I truly believe just adding Long Tube Headers, a Boss or GT350 Intake Manifold, and a tune will make this a very unique engine setup that gets on the tail of the GT350 numbers.

The bigger issue is if the upgraded internals are needed to comfortably rev to an 8000 redline. I would think the stock S550 internals are good to 7500 all day long... but I really want to reach that 8k mark.
OK, interesting... Can't wait to see your progress. I want to go the NA route as well since I will be tracking the car. Where did you find the manifold for less $$$$?

Sponsored

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Looking forward to see how this goes!

Mach01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yep. Looking forward to this as well.

Hoosierdaddy27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150
Subd

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Make sure you try to locate an oe gt350 tb, although im working on a solution for that to allow the use of coyote based throttle bodies on the voodoo intake, once fitment is certified good, ill have more details and possible availability.

Sponsored

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
are the gt350 heads a direct bolt on replacement?

OP
OP

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
Make sure you try to locate an oe gt350 tb, although im working on a solution for that to allow the use of coyote based throttle bodies on the voodoo intake, once fitment is certified good, ill have more details and possible availability.
It's in the plans! And yes, I believe the heads are direct bolt on to the Coyote block.

Anyway, just updated the first post with my GT350 steering wheel video.

OP
OP

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
Tax returns filed! Should see the parts flooding in soon!

So, if you want to keep up via this thread, that's fine. However, my YouTube channel will get content and updates first (Games&Gears) and then my Instagram will follow (Gamesandgears).

Can't wait to get this project going!

OP
OP

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
Custom exhaust is a go... video incoming for that in a month or less. In the meantime, I'm pretty proud of this little production and figured I'd pimp it out in my thread. Shows off my new camera quality and editing software I'll be using on the channel going forward.

[ame]
Sponsored