Project NO1CARES (5.2/YSI-B/TH400)

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Yeah, it was to good to pass up. I sold the intercooler (it was too big), thanks Walter sorry it didn't work. I kept the bv57s and got a intercooler built similar to his just a tad smaller with dual bovs like his was. The 10 rib kit I will use, just got the tkm, but want to sort the th400 1st. Already had the ars tensioer will probably sale the spare. I have an almost complete paxton kit I've been trying to sale, I figured with the brackets that his kit came with would make it a little easier to sale (still no luck).

I'll get with ars for a pulley if I decide against the electric pump.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Yeah, it was to good to pass up. I sold the intercooler (it was too big), thanks Walter sorry it didn't work. I kept the bv57s and got a intercooler built similar to his just a tad smaller with dual bovs like his was. The 10 rib kit I will use, just got the tkm, but want to sort the th400 1st. Already had the ars tensioer will probably sale the spare. I have an almost complete paxton kit I've been trying to sale, I figured with the brackets that his kit came with would make it a little easier to sale (still no luck).

I'll get with ars for a pulley if I decide against the electric pump.
his balancer was double keyed correct? Did you go that route??

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I have his old balancer, but did get a new one with the build. Forgot about that, need to see if I can sale it. And I went dual key on the callies crank.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
I have his old balancer, but did get a new one with the build. Forgot about that, need to see if I can sale it. And I went dual key on the callies crank.
Is it 20%? Sounds like you’re coming out swinging soon!!

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
it is 20%, yep going big; went ahead and got comp cams as well, I spent the money on heads so I figured I should take advantage even if it was just a little more. I hope to make as much as Terry did or more. I know the 400 will eat some, but I really don't care what the dyno says just trying to go as fast as I can and hopefully resist the urge to put turbos on it.

Also started collecting carbon fiber parts (going to do them all) and then optic armor. Hope to loose a couple hundred more pounds; should be a quick car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
it is 20%, yep going big; went ahead and got comp cams as well, I spent the money on heads so I figured I should take advantage even if it was just a little more. I hope to make as much as Terry did or more. I know the 400 will eat some, but I really don't care what the dyno says just trying to go as fast as I can and hopefully resist the urge to put turbos on it.

Also started collecting carbon fiber parts (going to do them all) and then optic armor. Hope to loose a couple hundred more pounds; should be a quick car.
awesome! Glad to see another centri car coming out and showing off! Sounds like you’re taking some influence from turnswrench with the optic armor. I feel my next big move besides safety is going to a pcmto really allow the engine to sing.

pm Me if you want to sell the 20%balancer. I’ll rekey my crank when I freshen it up after this season. I’ve got no plans to go 10 rib until next winter anyway hopefully.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
turnswrench and 80foxcoupe are my inspiration, well and of course you too (vortech guys need all the help we can get).

I am going to put the watson bolt in 6 point. It isn't a cage, but should provide some protection and allow for harnesses; it will limit me to track rentals though. Also plan on the bmr chute setup. the car will primarily driven on the street and I don't want to drive around with the chute on; also don't want to have to drive with a helmet on the street (6 point rather than cage). might do the pcm, but I am a ways away from thinking about that for now. I have a small nitrous jet on it now, and do plan on plumbing the NX express direct port plates for when I want turbos or feel like it is slow. this was just going to be a low 10 sec street car, I got a little carried away.

will send a pm

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Little cruise today.
Need to wire the reverse lights/camera and finish wiring the trans temp gauge. That way I can assemble the center counsel.
I truly enjoy this car. At first, I was worried about making it a straight line only car but after experiencing the brutal power. It’s something else. I love it.
BD795A9F-BD0D-48A3-853C-0B929C387BCB.jpeg
9FC60FFF-0C36-43F6-9243-0317416CBCE6.jpeg

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Just a question for you mega HP guys. Why not a powerglide?

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Just a question for you mega HP guys. Why not a powerglide?
it’s all about combo. For me, I want rpm as high as possible at all times and a PG will drop rpm between shifts more compared to a th400.
You see more turbo cars going th400 because turbo cars like having a load and are not dependent on rpm like a blower car.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
it’s all about combo. For me, I want rpm as high as possible at all times and a PG will drop rpm between shifts more compared to a th400.
So you lose more from the RPM drop than the extra shift?

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
So you lose more from the RPM drop than the extra shift?
yea, the closer together. The better. The power glide shift really lowers the rpm and the time it takes for the extra shift in the 400 is minimal. But every combination is different.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
yea, the closer together. The better. The power glide shift really lowers the rpm and the time it takes for the extra shift in the 400 is minimal. But every combination is different.
What all he said was why I went th400. The other thing I liked about it, was if I get to a point where two gears will work better than three, the th400 can be built that way. It also has 2nd gear leave options (not doing it as the converter won't be right). It is heavier and takes more power than a glide though.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I know every combination is different but it seems to me a glide with a loose converter would be faster.

Wish I still had the money for these kinds of toys. 😣

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I know every combination is different but it seems to me a glide with a loose converter would be faster.

Wish I still had the money for these kinds of toys. 😣
Yeah I don't think they end up being that different with the correct converter.
Sponsored