OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Bro

Im so sorry! What a shitty, shitty situation. Having JUST been through a motor install myself my only advise (again) is to say

BUILD YOUR MOTOR YOURSELF BRO!!!

I do not trust these damn shops!

UGH.... sorry to see.
Absolutely agree. Honestly, i never had good luck when i outsource work. But there were things that i wasn't going to be able to do so this is why its at a builder. I rebuild, no problem. But any machine work. Out of my league of course. But in the future, i will most likely just be using a local machine shop and doing the assembly myself.
Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
But in the future, i will most likely just be using a local machine shop and doing the assembly myself.
Smart man.

YOu'll get it ironed out im sure. Pain in the ass though! I feel your pain lol

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Smart man.

YOu'll get it ironed out im sure. Pain in the ass though! I feel your pain lol
I don't even mind the work. Its the damn anticipation and lack of communication/initiative that kills me. I shouldn't have to ask or push for urgency considering its been 8 months with the engine in his hands.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I don't even mind the work. Its the damn anticipation and lack of communication/initiative that kills me. I shouldn't have to ask or push for urgency considering its been 8 months with the engine in his hands.
Yeah, id be beyond livid.

Outside thought: Maybe buy another engine (stock-ish i.e. rod/piston only) to keep the car running while you get the sleeved motor drama ironed out (which might take a while).

You can buy a Ford Gen 3 short block for about $2500, slap some pistons/rods in it yourself and at least keep the car running for now.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Yeah, id be beyond livid.

Outside thought: Maybe buy another engine (stock-ish i.e. rod/piston only) to keep the car running while you get the sleeved motor drama ironed out (which might take a while).

You can buy a Ford Gen 3 short block for about $2500, slap some pistons/rods in it yourself and at least keep the car running for now.
I debated doing that. I've got another set of gt350 heads i can build up also. But in all honestly, i'm just being a brat. The car isn't hurting anything sitting. and its probably helping my wallet and time.
I just sold my stock gen 3 heads so it would be a little more when compared to just picking up a short block. Its just a waiting game. I like updating this thread to keep everything documented so 20 years from now, i can look back at this.

Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
This is it. They don’t seem to realise that a little preemptive communication goes a long way.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
major update.
Block is cracked in the coolant journal between the sleeves. Block is no good.
Gen 3 5.2 block is now in the works and getting some darton sleeves. He will also be researching and developing his sleeve procedure to perfect it.

this is a huge relief and actually going to be an upgrade. We are also going to talk about using a non sleeved block and possibly getting some money back.
Time will tell. Thank you.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
major update.
Block is cracked in the coolant journal between the sleeves. Block is no good.
Gen 3 5.2 block is now in the works and getting some darton sleeves. He will also be researching and developing his sleeve procedure to perfect it.

this is a huge relief and actually going to be an upgrade. We are also going to talk about using a non sleeved block and possibly getting some money back.
Time will tell. Thank you.
Good update! Sounds like he is assuming some responsibility?

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
This thread is a roller coaster of emotions, & I'm just the reader. Can't imagine how it's been for you. Good luck & keep us posted.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
If they cant sleeve a 5.0 then Im assuming they'll screw up a 5.2 as well. id take a non sleeved 5.2 predator based build.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Good update! Sounds like he is assuming some responsibility?
full responsibility. It’s actually a huge relief and good to know I’m being taken care of.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
If they cant sleeve a 5.0 then Im assuming they'll screw up a 5.2 as well. id take a non sleeved 5.2 predator based build.
so the block that was screwed up was a gen 2 5.2.

he using the gen3 5.2 to perfect his sleeve installation process. We are going to talk about possibly building up a non sleeved block. Of course, I prefer to go ahead with a sleeved block but at the same time, we will see how he feels about the process first.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Lastest update; Gen 3 5.2 block WITHOUT sleeves has been assembled. There will be a reimbursement for the paid sleeve work thats yet to be finalized.

Currently, Holbrook is going to run the engine on the engine dyno to verify everything is in perfect order. I had spoken to him about doing this last time but the cost was large due to requiring the use of either my pcm or taking the time to use his BIGSTUFF ecu work.

Anyway, should arrive before end of next week. At least that's what i'm pushing for. I also requested a video of the engine running on the dyno.

Thanks for continueing to follow. Hopefully we can make a pass at least once before the season ends.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Sweet!