Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Im sure this one will be a beast.

how did the oil changes go? did you do any oil filter inspections by chance?
Sponsored

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Im sure this one will be a beast.

how did the oil changes go? did you do any oil filter inspections by chance?

So every oil change from the first to last, i found copper. Not crazy amounts but for sure there. I was under the impression it had a wrist pin tight and beginning to fail. now with the piston rocking, that could've caused it after the initial break in but holbrook told me that no source of the copper was found. Which is why i sent the head unit to vortech for a refresh. I also picked up a new oil cooler so i should have eliminated any possible source of copper. I did reused the original oil cooler but flushed it out. It only had head gasket lift and i wasnt going to wait 3 months for a new one so maybe the copper from the original engine was my source? I beat my head about it for a long time but i should have everything isolated now. Its been a learning experience thats for sure.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
i'm having a hard time finding anyone who wouldn't use diamond. If you could refer me to some of these situations, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Will at RPG / Fonzie …both reputable engine builders .

RPG used them first go around when he rebuilt my Voodoo . Car was eating oil within a few hundred miles .

I had pull the motor and send back .
He said the cause of failure was apparently the pistons which he said were literal “eating them selves “.
Used Manley for the rebuild .

It was apparently a “well known issue “(Fonzie confirmed he would not use them ) among engine builders … may be QC but then may be they have since fixed the issue .

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Will at RPG / Fonzie …both reputable engine builders .

RPG used them first go around when he rebuilt my Voodoo . Car was eating oil within a few hundred miles .

I had pull the motor and send back .
He said the cause of failure was apparently the pistons which he said were literal “eating them selves “.
Used Manley for the rebuild .

It was apparently a “well known issue “(Fonzie confirmed he would not use them ) among engine builders … may be QC but then may be they have since fixed the issue .
thats always something of my concern because when i first began the 5.2 build, there wasn't many 5.2 pistons available. I guess we will just find out since i've already ordered the diamonds. Good thing the block is sleeved now..

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Update; No updates to be given. lol!

Holbrook still has the engine and waiting on pistons. Watching the race season go by but is what it is.
may be a good time see if other pistons are in stock ?

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Piston order Week 10 update. car has been under a cover for 2 months now and hasn't been touched.

Spoke with holbrook today and was told that he will pull all the timing components off the shelf today and as long as he has everything, the engine will be complete and ready for pick up the 4th of july. Which is perfect because i was planning a trip anyway.

Lets hope everything goes well and I can get this car back up and going.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Let’s go! Headed north this weekend to pick up the engine and took all next week off to get the car back together. The excitement is real!

4524230B-F68E-4F20-B816-0AFC714866AD.jpeg

19CEBCBC-3506-415C-A26A-9A90721FEC29.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Went to michigan for 4th of july weekend and also pick up my engine from holbrook racing.

diaper.jpg

Drop home early wednesday and had it on the stand for moc up.

unload.jpg

intake moc up.jpg

I just wanted to say, this crank support/supercharger bracket has got to be one of the most complicated pieces that i've ever installed considering there's no in formation in regards to it. But after measuring every spacer and bolt. i figured it out.

charger and bracket moc.jpg

once i determined how the bracket was going to be installed, i was able to prepare everything for installation.

ready to drop in.jpg

Install was simple. like always. Re did all the vacuum system due to the new intake.

drop in.jpg

drop in 2.jpg

Intake boot i knew was going to be a pain so i cobbled something together just so i can hear it run. I'll be swapping this out for some vibrant clamps and one piece pipe.

coupler.jpg

first start.jpg

next step is to have the bumper/hood re painted, do an alignment, wire the 2 step/clutch bypass/transmission temp gauge, and reinstall all the interior.

Of course final tuning when i regain some funds.

Thanks for following!

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Are those the GT500 cam covers ?
Sponsored