turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Dang man. Glad you got it out and will address it before it was too late. Smart move that many don't make.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Rebuild engine ? You need to have a chit chat with the machinist.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Dang man. Glad you got it out and will address it before it was too late. Smart move that many don't make.
Thank you. once i hear the noise, there was no questioning it. Plus i've been itching to slam these voodoo heads on it. lol

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Rebuild engine ? You need to have a chit chat with the machinist.
Sadly the gentleman who blue printed the short block is on vacation this week and won't return until monday 12/6. Im being told something it critically wrong and its more than just a bad wrist pin journal due to how much heat can be seen on the counter weight of the crank. not exactly sure but there's a good chance this crank is junk due to the heat.

The engine would have for sure let go the next hard pull so I'm considering myself lucky regardless of what happens.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Christmas update. Engine has yet to go north and be dropped off for a rebuild and fresh heads/cams.
Engineoutx2.jpg

engineoutx3.jpg

After much thought. Santa was able to bring me something extremely helpful in regards to engine life with the Vortech.
MFPbracketx1.jpg
MFPbracketx2.jpg

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
After much thought. Santa was able to bring me something extremely helpful in regards to engine life with the Vortech.
MFPbracketx1.jpg
MFPbracketx2.jpg
Cam you run a 10 rib with that?

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
How do I get one as well, and what do they cost?
i was able to buy the only one available which was a prototype for juggernaut performance. They went to a whipple and i was that guy who was bothering them to buy it.

From what i understand, MFP is so behind on orders, there's no plans to introduce another vortech/paxton support into the market.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
i was able to buy the only one available which was a prototype for juggernaut performance. They went to a whipple and i was that guy who was bothering them to buy it.

From what i understand, MFP is so behind on orders, there's no plans to introduce another vortech/paxton support into the market.
Well hopefully the callies holds up

Sponsored
OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
first update of 2022. Finally getting ready to take this engine up to holbrook this week. Can't wait to get that process started.
engineshipment.jpg

I also figured to do a k member while the engine is out. I've had factory sway bars and no weight removal for way to long. Now with the th400, its pretty much going the drag route so i'm looking forward to the weight savings. I've always kept the stock parts and everything i've done to this point, besides trimming the trans tunnel for the shifter, is easily reversible.

kmember.jpg

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Dropped the engine off at holbrooks on Friday. Really excited to take the next step with it. I hope i don't regret not having him go ahead and sleeve/oring it. I would like to hold off on that until I need it. I think the engine without sleeves/orings will achieve my 8.50's goal. But we will see. He was telling me about a new head gasket they are trying out that has a fire ring built into it. He was going to let me know how that goes.

Officially doing cams (spec'd by holbrook) VCT delete, chains/guides, voodoo heads that are finish ported/massaged, and a complete refresh.

going to be a great season!

loaded.jpg

holbrooks.jpg

Also hit a good snow/ice storm on my way home. Ole FGT took it like a champ!
tundra.jpg

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
so are you sleeving it ?

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Update on the engine; REAL lucky i pulled it. It wouldn't have lasted another hard pull before torching the head or block..

Found that for some reason the MMR/ARP 12mm head stud kit that i purchased came with smaller washers. I was curious in regards to this when i assembled the long block but simply didn't think much of it. Well, long story short. The head gaskets was one good pull away from compromising and the head stud washers were literally counter sinking themselves into the heads..

headgasket.jpg

headwasher.jpg

headbolt.jpg

On another note; The source of copper/bronze in the oil was not identified. So now the JTB will be sent out for a refresh also.. Mains looked perfect. Holbrook also determined that most likey, the noise i was hearing was piston slap because 3 cylinders lost ring tension and began scoring the cylinders. He said there's signed of detonation. I knew the timing was hot but didn't think much of it. Good thing the TH400 will make tuning the car much much easier.. Plus the upgrades with the valvetrain!

mainbearings.jpg

blocksidemains.jpg
Sponsored