mavisky

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Did a little detail work today. Fellas, if your wife is one of the many out there that's purchased one of those Cricut machines that makes little stickers and arts and crafts, turns out you can use it to decorate your racecar pretty easily. My neighbor's wife across the street had one so had her show me the process and she let me make these end plate decals that were inspired by the S550 GT4 mustang. Luckily 3M makes a vinyl that is a pretty good match in the sunlight. Due the metallic nature of the paint you have to compare the color on the side of the car rather than the top to get a better idea of how well it blends.

53574068750_8e0b47af5e_k.jpg

53574068715_0d81d044d2_k.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
mavisky

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Stopped by to see my buddy Kris today who just upgraded his setup for his GT500 and picked up the last of the off-season upgrades for the car. Install was pretty easy, although it would have been even easier if I didn't put the wrong buckle in the wrong place at first. Did hurt a little bit to have to trim the plastics on the ground level, but it's part of playing racecar and no one ever goes into the backseat anyway.
53574919087_a67210cebe_k.jpg

Aluehrs11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Have you put the new tires on the car yet? I'm curious to see how they compare looks wise to the Kumhos. I've got the 305/30 Kumhos now and am looking for something a little taller. So I've been looking at the 295/35 Yokohamas.

OP
OP
mavisky

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Have you put the new tires on the car yet? I'm curious to see how they compare looks wise to the Kumhos. I've got the 305/30 Kumhos now and am looking for something a little taller. So I've been looking at the 295/35 Yokohamas.
Definitely taller. In fact I'm taking out at least one of my front Steeda suspension height spacers now. Will try to get a pic Sunday at my first event from a similar angle to something I have of the 305/30's foe comparison.

OP
OP
mavisky

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
First event in the books. Finished 9th overall on PAX out of 140 drivers on a mid 30 second course where I dont think I got to full throttle once.

Still figuring out these Yokohamas. Tried to treat them like my Kumho V730's and ran them at 28 psi. They were gripped up, weren't rolling over too far, but also felt really soft on the sidewall. Talking to another driver who's also testing these out in another region and he was told to run them at closer to 37 by a nationally competitive driver there to help offset the softer sidewalls they have. Going to try that at the next event just to see. Car definitely feels gripped up though, but curious if other are at one end of the spectrum or the other on pressures. You can see how much the outside rear is folding under in the photo below.

53613088069_94bdfbd08a_k.jpg

Still haven't made it to a national event, but just got news on how stiff our local region is. My friend and I finished 7th and 9th on PAX at the first event and the next week 5 of our competitors went to the national stop in south GA. 5 of the top 10 in our region placed 1st or second at the national event. Still want to make it to one to test the level of competition.

1st in our region - 1st place CS
4th in our region - 1st place STX
6th in our region - 2nd place SSP
7th in our region - my buddy in CAMC
8th in our region - 1st place GS
9th in our region - where I finished in CAMC
10th in our region - 1st place STU
12th in our region - 1st place in EVX

I know that south GA doesn't bring out the stiffest competition nationally, but happy to be amongst this group of drivers in our division on a track where I barely went full throttle once in a car that's still full interior full weight.

53612955953_6b43c769eb_k.jpg

Sponsored

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Swapped out the Ford Racing spring and swaybar kit for a full Steeda Suspension.

Dual Rate Magneride Springs
Compeition Swaybar Setup
Adjustable Endlinks front and rear
Front strut mount opened for further camber adjustment with Steeda camber plates (plates were already on the car)
Rear camber adjustment mount
This is incredibly close to the same setup I'll be running (Steeda DR springs and their comp sway bar kit with the softer rear bar) and tire size. What front and rear bar settings have you used? How do you feel about the rear spring rate?

OP
OP
mavisky

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Right now the rear bar is on full soft and the front bar is on the next to softest setting per their advice. I need to run another event on these tires to see how I like the soft bar setting, but it's running pretty gripped up. I think some of the extra roll and movement I was experiencing was the soft sidewalls of the A052 and monkeying with the swaybars won't solve that.
Sponsored