Sponsored

Product Release: New aFe POWER Momentum GT intake kit for 2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L

aFe POWER is excited to be a part of the mustang 6g forums, and is equally excited to share what we have in store for this all new pony platform. We previously designed intakes for past Mustangs ranging from the V6 to the V8’s, now our experience has led us to produce an all new roto-molded sealed intake for the mighty 5.0L Coyote V8.

Quick Data Points:
• +15 HP & +24 lbs. x ft. of Torque to the Wheels with No Tune
• Outflows the Factory Intake By 25%
• aFe Momentum GT flows at 221 CFM vs. Factory intake flowing at 177 CFM
• No Cutting or Drilling Required to Install
• Thermoset Plastic Resists to Heat Soak
• Clear Sight Window Aids in Maintaining your Air Filter Without Needing to Take it All Apart
• CAD Designed Air Box and Tube Ensure a Perfect
• 3 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined Fittings Ensure a Leak Free Seal to Factory Vacuum Lines
• Optional Oiled and Dry Filters Ensure You Get the Most Flow and Protection for Your Engine
• Built In Air Scoop Ensures the Coolest Air Charge Possible, Without Modifying a Thing

With our in-house mustang 5.0L V8 with the 6 speed manual transmission, we have been able to take the time and care to produce an intake along with other performance parts to the highest quality. Our one piece roto-molded air box and tube is constructed out of Thermoset plastic to resist heat soak. Heat soak can decrease consistent performance and raise intake temperatures. A large clear window was incorporated to provide an easier way to check if your filter needs maintenance or not.

With the help of our CAD software or Computer Aid Design software. We have been able to achieve a perfect fit, utilizing the factory mounting points for a simple installation. To make a perfect connection with the factory vacuum lines, we included 3 billet aluminum CNC machined fittings to ensure a properly sealed connection.

This Momentum intake for the 2015 Mustang GT V8 was designed around a large filter, to allow as much airflow and filtration possible. We give you the option of choosing the high flowing Pro 5R or the easy to clean Pro Dry S filters. The Pro 5R uses 5 layers, of progressively finer mesh cotton gauze oiled media.

While the Pro Dry S contains 3 layers of “Oil Free” synthetic media for easier maintenance. Both filters are constructed out of 100% polyurethane for long life span, and multiple cleaning cycles without the worry of an early replacement. Both filters feature an inverted top, and have a 4-1/2” flange diameter and are 8” tall for best possible air flow.

High quality billet aluminum fittings ensure a positive connection, while the silicone coupler we include adds strength and long lasting durability. Our intake system will provide the most secure installation available on the market. We specifically design the Momentum GT line up, to have as fewest parts possible making your install quicker and easier.

Visit us at www.aFepower.com to pre-order or PM for more questions and pricing.

Dyno Sheet:

Sponsored

Last edited:

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
I see you are a California company. Any chance you will try to get this CARB approved for California cars?

OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
I see you are a California company. Any chance you will try to get this CARB approved for California cars?
More than likely yes, we always send in batches of our intake kits to be reviewed and approved for CARB. It just takes awhile to get the final ok, it's only the matter of when it would be approved.

OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
Progress is moving forward quite nicely. Should be able to update shipping availability soon.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
AFE has been my go to cold air for a very long time. I have had many of their systems and the last being their stage II for the ecoboost F150 and it is in my opinion the absolute best intake for the F150 hands down.

Nice to see you guys aboard this forum with what looks like the nicest cold air for the 15 mustang.

If I did not have a Whipple I would without a doubt be picking one of these up.

Jaime

Sponsored

moates88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6 speed
Will a tune be required? Or will it be like other intakes having a tune will be optional but beneficial for increased airflow/power.

OneTrickPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Auto 3.55LSD
appears to reuse stock MAF sensor. is the throat size larger which necessitates a tune required?

at least one car has it, even if a prototype. seeing some dyno values would help convince

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i had your intake on my 328i. it was awesome. aesthetically pleasing and performed.
not to sure how i feel about this one. do you have dyno sheets yet?

Sponsored
OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
Will a tune be required? Or will it be like other intakes having a tune will be optional but beneficial for increased airflow/power.
What type of gains are we looking at without a tune?
We plan on releasing this intake kit without a tune, no dyno testing has been made yet.

Please share your dyno charts.
We will be conducting dyno testing soon :)

appears to reuse stock MAF sensor. is the throat size larger which necessitates a tune required?

at least one car has it, even if a prototype. seeing some dyno values would help convince
I am afraid i did not understand your question, you mean the air scoop or the intake tube?

i had your intake on my 328i. it was awesome. aesthetically pleasing and performed.
not to sure how i feel about this one. do you have dyno sheets yet?
Thank you for the kind words, we work hard on designing our intakes to perform as we claim they do.

AFE has been my go to cold air for a very long time. I have had many of their systems and the last being their stage II for the ecoboost F150 and it is in my opinion the absolute best intake for the F150 hands down.

Nice to see you guys aboard this forum with what looks like the nicest cold air for the 15 mustang.

If I did not have a Whipple I would without a doubt be picking one of these up.

Jaime
Thank you Jaime for your support! We really appreciate hearing how much our customers enjoy our products :cheers:

We are happy to be here amoung all the S550 mustang enthusiasts.

Hey you got a Whipple supercharger, top notch power right there :thumbsup:

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6-spd DIB
I'm interested...!

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Any idea when this will be available? Interested but would like to see some reviews first

SILVER GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT/CS & '93 LX 5.0
Very interested. Looking forward to dyno gains...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.