Product Installation Feedback

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I've owned my Mustang less than a week before I started doing little upgrades to it. Saturday morning my son and I upgraded my car as follows:

1 - LED Side Markers
2 - 4th brake light
3 - Sequencer Kit
4 - Interior bulb replacement

Kudos to Diode Dynamics for their fast processing of my order. We delayed our trip down to Georgia to wait for the USPS lady to drop off our package. I really didn't expect to get it in time for the trip to that made for a great father's day gift for myself.

LED Side Markers - Once we got the stock ones out everything was very easy. Having a small pair of 90 degree needle nose pliers really helped get the stock ones out.

Sequencer Kit - Easy peasy and they work as expected. I watched the Diode Dynamics and CJ Pony parts videos in advance and had the install order written on the box the products were shipped in.

4th Brake Light - Despite watching the Diode Dynamics and CJ Pony parts and numerous other videos the installation of the red wire into the housing gave us fits. We looked at the housing as best we could and thought we were installing it in the right way but it didn't seat fully. Fortunately I was able to get the wire back out and through trial and error was able to finally line it up the right way. If at all possible please do another video showing the exact orientation of the wire so that others won't turn a 30 minute job into an hour plus job. Despite our frustration with the red wire I have to say I absolutely LOVE the 4th brake light. The red 50% glow and then brake light is very cool. I've yet to try the reverse light at night but I'm sure it's going to be plenty bright.

Interior bulb swap - After seeing that others had blown fuses while doing this swap I played it safe and disconnected the battery before proceeding. The packaging for this product is genius! I knew exactly which bulb to use for each application. I would highly recommend getting a plastic upholstery pry bar. This really helped with getting the caps off for the vanity mirrors. I also took the time to remove the two screws and pulled the mirror out. I used a small pair of pliers to pull the bulbs out from the vanity. I just could get my fat fingers around those little bulbs. :). Once all of the bulbs were replaced I reconnected the battery and confirm they all worked before putting everything back together. I plant to buy additional interior light kits for my Honda Accord and CR-V.

Thanks for making the great products that you do. I just wish there was some way I could see all of the cool lights in action other than letting someone else drive my car! I'll be buying more products as they become available that's for sure.
Sponsored