Sponsored

Procharger tuning issue. Can anyone look at these logs?

15GaurdGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Whats up everyone.

I was getting my car tuned this weekend and we ran into some issues.

At around 5200 RPM the HP drops drastically. I've read some threads about the Procharger flatline but this doesn't look to be that. Still though i removed the line going from the IMRC tee to the intake. not much of a difference.

We also got knock at around the same RPM. If you look at all the logs you can see a slight dip in throttle angle while WOT and right after that knock comes in and power drops. Whatever is making the throttle do that has to be the issue.

Mods are Procharger stage 2 D1SC with 4inch pulley and wastegate. Catback exhaust. stock headers.

attached are 6 dyno runs with logs. all showing the same throttle dip.

thanks for the help.
Sponsored

Attachments

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Whats up everyone.

I was getting my car tuned this weekend and we ran into some issues.

At around 5200 RPM the HP drops drastically. I've read some threads about the Procharger flatline but this doesn't look to be that. Still though i removed the line going from the IMRC tee to the intake. not much of a difference.

We also got knock at around the same RPM. If you look at all the logs you can see a slight dip in throttle angle while WOT and right after that knock comes in and power drops. Whatever is making the throttle do that has to be the issue.

Mods are Procharger stage 2 D1SC with 4inch pulley and wastegate. Catback exhaust. stock headers.

attached are 6 dyno runs with logs. all showing the same throttle dip.

thanks for the help.
The “flatline” was a thing of the past.. caused by tuning software limitations back then, or octane in the fuel.

So let’s dive into your combo and what might be causing your issues. So I got some questions.

What fuel?
When does the gate open? (Psi)
What pulley is on the blower?
Where is the gate located?

OP
OP
15GaurdGT

15GaurdGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
93 pump.
11psi
4 inch pulley
Right after the race valve. Same tube.

Like I said I dont think it's the flatline issue. Power drops way earlier than those with the issue. Plus it happens right after the throttle seems to close slightly for a second.

Also this is a custom tune from a local shop.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
93 pump.
11psi
4 inch pulley
Right after the race valve. Same tube.

Like I said I dont think it's the flatline issue. Power drops way earlier than those with the issue. Plus it happens right after the throttle seems to close slightly for a second.

Also this is a custom tune from a local shop.
Couple things...

1) If the MAF is in the intercooler...your gonna fight some weirdness when the gate opens (turbulence)

2) When a gate opens, the load on the belt goes way up, so more load on the engine (can induce knock)

3) If your fuel is like ours, it wouldn’t like 11psi and you’d get knock. (Others get magic 93 that holds all sorts of power)

I can’t see your graphs, since I’m on a phone. But I have a few questions.

1) what’s peak power number?
2) what’s timing value at time knock happens?

OP
OP
15GaurdGT

15GaurdGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Around 500hp and 500 torque at 5300 rpm. By 6800 it's down to 350hp and 270 torque

14.5 degrees before knock comes in at 4200 rpm then moves down to 9.5 at 5300 and holds there till the end

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Are you sure you don't have too big of a spring in your wastegate, and your boost controller can't make it go any lower? Load seems to be spiking too high to me, and progression of your logs names indicate you were trying different boost levels, yet load didn't change much at all and it should have.

If its hitting 15-16psi like load is indicating, and you don't have the octane to support that, or a way to really control it to the 11 psi (1.4-1.5 load) you are targeting for the octane you are running, it is going to knock. See load that high the ECU can close the throttle if its running into limits.

OP
OP
15GaurdGT

15GaurdGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Unless the dyno boost readings are off the gate is doing its job. I also watched it open myself. I dont have data in front of me right now but the first few runs ran a little over 12 psi with the gate setup to open at 10.15. My goal was for 10psi so I wanted to change this. I setup the gate to open at 8.5 and it opened at 11. TIAL states +/- 2 psi is normal. I'm not using a controller. I'll most likely mess with springs again to bring it to 10psi however I dont believe its spiking to 14-15.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
My suggestion... take the gate off for now.

Put the correct boost pulley on it you want, get the car tuned and dialed in.
Then once its perfect, put the gate back on if you want to, and make the tune changes needed.

I feel you might be fighting something, and you need to eliminate as many variables as possible.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
My suggestion... take the gate off for now.

Put the correct boost pulley on it you want, get the car tuned and dialed in.
Then once its perfect, put the gate back on if you want to, and make the tune changes needed.

I feel you might be fighting something, and you need to eliminate as many variables as possible.
Do this to see if the gate is causing issues. Also, you said stock headers so I am assuming you have cats still right? Your STFT are in the low .9's. What fuels system or injectors are you using? Your trims fall off right where you start seeing knock, so it could be/most likely is a fueling issue...

Here is one of your logs so you can look at it outside of excel. Page 6 "Dyno Log" is a good one to look at. Made 630/556 on wastegate with 93 in 103 degree temp at 90% humidity :)

https://datazap.me/u/mylilpony/dom-log

OP
OP
15GaurdGT

15GaurdGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Do this to see if the gate is causing issues. Also, you said stock headers so I am assuming you have cats still right? Your STFT are in the low .9's. What fuels system or injectors are you using? Your trims fall off right where you start seeing knock, so it could be/most likely is a fueling issue...

Here is one of your logs so you can look at it outside of excel. Page 6 "Dyno Log" is a good one to look at. Made 630/556 on wastegate with 93 in 103 degree temp at 90% humidity :)

https://datazap.me/u/mylilpony/dom-log

Stock cats.
Id1000s JMS BAP

OP
OP
15GaurdGT

15GaurdGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Quick update. Got Lund tuned. All is well! :rockon:

Power still feels like its dropping off around 6500 however, this time I heard the belt squel. Didnt notice that on the dyno. Going to put more tension on it and try a 7500 pull soon.

Getting some knock in 4th WOT but not part throttle. Havn't really had time to test to see exact conditions. Either way I'm heading in a better direction than before.​
Sponsored