my66coyote

my66coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang , 2008 Lexus ISF
Well, I grabbed a new idler pulley from the local parts store and it clears like it should! Put the new green belt on and it seems to be ok.
now I need to continue to monitor some false knock issues I'm tracking down, like some others on here :(

Thanks again Tommy for the help!

Chris
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Well, I grabbed a new idler pulley from the local parts store and it clears like it should! Put the new green belt on and it seems to be ok.
now I need to continue to monitor some false knock issues I'm tracking down, like some others on here :(

Thanks again Tommy for the help!

Chris
No problem man,that pulley hitting could be causing some noise,not sure how loud it was or if you could hear it over the blower.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
You are supposed to flip the factory pulley over, to allow it to clear.
It is in the instructions.

2015-2017 = Plastic Pulley Pulley and no issues.
2018+ = Metal Idler Pulley (that needs to be flipped)

OP
OP
my66coyote

my66coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang , 2008 Lexus ISF
Thanks for the the response ProchargerTech, I actually tried that last night too and realize that it did clear, unfortunately it was pretty chewed up so I just used the replacement plastic one. That said, given that it was a 2015-2017 crate motor, I used the 2015-17 manual sent with my kit so I didn't see those instructions for the 2018+ metal pulley in there.
I should get the new idler shaft today, you guys sent me so quickly, thank you btw. and I'll send it back since I don't need it. Truly appreciate the great support for you guys!

While you're on this thread can I ask you a question unrelated to the pulley? I have the slightest clearance issue with my hood and the head unit and I believe that is what may be causing my false knock issue. It seems to be logical given the bracketry bolting directly to the head and motor. I cannot lower the motor any given my setup/mii suspension limited to motor mount options, so I tried to clearance the hood a bit but I just need a hair more. Have you seen any false knock issues from something tapping the HU?
IMG-20190801-085204.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
thank you btw. and I'll send it back since I don't need it. Truly appreciate the great support for you guys!

While you're on this thread can I ask you a question unrelated to the pulley? I have the slightest clearance issue with my hood and the head unit and I believe that is what may be causing my false knock issue. It seems to be logical given the bracketry bolting directly to the head and motor. I cannot lower the motor any given my setup/mii suspension limited to motor mount options, so I tried to clearance the hood a bit but I just need a hair more. Have you seen any false knock issues from something tapping the HU?
You are welcome!

And I would have to see a log to see exactly what you are flighting.
Sponsored