Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Everyone,

My name is Jordan Meyer and I am a new member to this community. A brief introduction about my car. I own a 2017 GT350 that is essentially stock. On monday of this week, I took it to my local Procharger dealer for them to install the Stage 2 P1X kit I purchased. I am still waiting patiently for them to finish up, but until then, I have been trying to read as much as possible about what this kit will do to my Shelby as to this will be my first time adding forced induction to any of my mustangs. My questions for the members here are this. What can I expect horsepower and torque wise on 91 Octane with 9 pounds of boost with the Stage Two complete kit? It will have the Procharger tune. Also, is there any advice that any members can give me as far as general upkeep and possibly what to watch out for when you add forced induction to a GT350? Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated as to I am new to adding boost. Thank you very much!
Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
you must be pretty excited. that PC stage 2 p1x kit is nice. is it the 304 tuner or the 314 complete with dw 95lb inj, JMS dual BAP, PC 91 tune? i assume the latter. update this thread with pics and info after install and driving around a while.

i imagine on 91 and 9psi they are going to keep timing relatively tame and safe. i'm going to say you'll make around 700 rwhp. on e85 you're probably around 800rwhp. just my ballpark guess.

the overall consensus is for you to swap to billet oil pump gears and billet crank sprocket. have fun and be safe.

OP
OP
Jordanfmeyer

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I am very excited. More excited than when I bought the car. To me, this is my starting point. I intend to keep increasing power gradually and over time. What do people typically do as the next step to increase the power of their supercharger? It’ll be awhile before I move up, I just like to have a plan.

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
Congrats. have a Stage 2 P1X on my 16 GT. I as wondering about possibly transferring the kit over to a GT350 in the future.

had mine for about 10k miles. maintenance is pretty simple on Centri's, change the oil on them with the car's oil change after break in. check the belt system occasionally and just drive and enjoy the sound and power

Additional power would probably mean E85 if you're limited like me to 91. So return style fuel system upgrades to support it.

OP
OP
Jordanfmeyer

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats. have a Stage 2 P1X on my 16 GT. I as wondering about possibly transferring the kit over to a GT350 in the future.

had mine for about 10k miles. maintenance is pretty simple on Centri's, change the oil on them with the car's oil change after break in. check the belt system occasionally and just drive and enjoy the sound and power

Additional power would probably mean E85 if you're limited like me to 91. So return style fuel system upgrades to support it.
I am very impressed with the basic set up I have but I am admitting that I have been bitten by the boost. I’m already planning my next upgrades for it. What do you recommend to do first to get more power out of it as there are several ways to go.

Sponsored

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
I am very impressed with the basic set up I have but I am admitting that I have been bitten by the boost. I’m already planning my next upgrades for it. What do you recommend to do first to get more power out of it as there are several ways to go.
First thing that comes to mind is to just have parts that would support the end power goal of XXX rwhp. etc. Limiting parts like fuel injectors or a BAP/fuel pump upgrades.

A custom tune will be needed and I think is preferred over a box tune, so Lund, PBD, etc or a local tuner you trust

Some run methanol and I personally don't have experience with it but it can help the car add spark/timing and can keep the car safer is used the right way

Ultimately fueling will still be the limiting factor up to a certain power level

OP
OP
Jordanfmeyer

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
First thing that comes to mind is to just have parts that would support the end power goal of XXX rwhp. etc. Limiting parts like fuel injectors or a BAP/fuel pump upgrades.

A custom tune will be needed and I think is preferred over a box tune, so Lund, PBD, etc or a local tuner you trust

Some run methanol and I personally don't have experience with it but it can help the car add spark/timing and can keep the car safer is used the right way

Ultimately fueling will still be the limiting factor up to a certain power level
so you recommend the boost a pump being the first upgrade and a custom tune. That’s the route I was leaning towards myself. Since I already have 1000cc injectors, I would just need BAP and a custom tune and that would allow me to run E85?

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
so you recommend the boost a pump being the first upgrade and a custom tune. That’s the route I was leaning towards myself. Since I already have 1000cc injectors, I would just need BAP and a custom tune and that would allow me to run E85?
A tune will ensure you're getting the most you can out of the kit and its running at its best.

For E85, if you go with Lund tuning I know they have certain requirements for certain specifications. For Lund to tune for E85 they require at a return style fuel system to support it, at least this is what I was told for my 16 GT P1X.
Injectors and BAP would probably be needed to support that as well but I am not as intimately familiar with the GT350 specifics as the GT. Can email Lund support and inquire about a tune and specifics needed for it. Let me know what they say if you do

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
yep. just add a JMS or VMP dual BAP and e85 tune. PBD will do it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jordanfmeyer

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
also, definitely look into swapping out the oil pump gear and crank sprocket to billet. pretty much the consensus is to do it, especially with a centri blower. but it's gonna cost another $1k+ for parts and labor.
I’m guessing the sooner the better for those pieces?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Your next step will definitely be a custom tune (I recommend Lund) and a fuel system for E85 to make more power. I know on the GT that requires a return style system, I assume the same on your car.

If you don't have E85 available you can consider methanol injection as well, but E85 is the preferred route.

OPG/CG is insurance against possibly killing the motor if the stock ones break. Some people do them, some dont. There's not alot of failures but if they go your motor is done.

ReapSow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 and 1996 Cobra
Lund tuned my car initially, ID1050s and jms bap, no return system. This is on a D1x so I doubt you will have them give you any trouble. If anything they will ask you to go ID1300 because they prefer those with e85. Highly recommend the opg/cs as everyone else stated.

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
OPG & CS are good peace of mine. Installed the boundary gear set when i did the P1X.

Your next step will definitely be a custom tune (I recommend Lund) and a fuel system for E85 to make more power. I know on the GT that requires a return style system, I assume the same on your car.

If you don't have E85 available you can consider methanol injection as well, but E85 is the preferred route.

OPG/CG is insurance against possibly killing the motor if the stock ones break. Some people do them, some dont. There's not alot of failures but if they go your motor is done.
AHL, awesome mods list. Im trying to work my way to where you're at slowly lol anything you would change?
the car stock suspension is obviously not for this power level and at speed its not very stable. Launches need work too
Can I PM you?

OP
OP
Jordanfmeyer

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase

Thank you for the advice, it is very much appreciated. Luckily my hometown which is an hour from me, has E85 so it is accessible and so that is the route I plan to take. It looks to me like OPG/CG is more of a necessity as I don’t plan on buying another gt350. My goal is to mod this one out and stick with it. Have you decreased your pulley size at all on the P1X kit?
Sponsored