Procharger Stage 2 Help With Knock

Discussion in 'Forced Induction - 5.0L V8 Engine' started by 5hlucky, May 9, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    5hlucky

5hlucky Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 S550
    0   0   0
    Just got back from the dyno...only thing to note was they had to make the pulls in 4th as they said 5th gear would max out their dyno rpm too soon.

Logs from the runs https://datazap.me/u/5hlucky/dyno-logs?log=0&data=2

2. OP
    OP
    5hlucky

Vehicle(s):
    2017 S550
    0   0   0
  3. OP
    OP
    5hlucky

Vehicle(s):
    2017 S550
    0   0   0
    bumping this back up. anybody have thoughts on the how the torque starts off low and then ramps up quickly? cam timing? imrc issue? the whole dyno to me is fairly disappointing as this is a stage 2 kit with a 4.25 pulley, i would have expected more.

4. ahl395

ahl395 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Allan
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    You're hitting a wall at the top of that graph. I'd bet its from knock pulling timing.

5. markmurfie

markmurfie Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Ford Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Sorry those numbers suck for 11-12PSI. A PD at the same boost would easily be 500 ftlbs of torque and mid 600's hp. Your centri shouldn't be that far behind, especially on the top end.

No change in MAP and a drastic increase in MAF hertz right at 3500 kinda seems like IMRC not being allowed to open under 3500RPM(65mph on graph). Kinda goes back to what I was saying before. Figure this out and your mid range will feel much better than it ever did. Throttle is fully open by then, so IMRC not being open would be a restriction in airflow but not effect pressure too much.

The leveling off at the top seems like an exhaust or intake restriction to me. MAF leveling off and MAP increasing at a faster rate indicates the engine is choking and is becoming more of a restriction, SC is doing its job. You start to see this right around 5500RPM. Theres some knock in the higher RPMs, which isn't helping anything, but with the extra pressure building up its kinda too be expected unless you are on E85 or 100+ octane.

You might consider a ported 18+ manifold with locked out IMRC if you can't get the stock intake with IMRC to work properly below 3500RPM. It would help a ton on the top end as well, all around a huge improvement.

3500rpm airflow limit.PNG

5500RPM restriction.PNG

6. OP
    OP
    5hlucky

Vehicle(s):
    2017 S550
    0   0   0
    no need to apologize...those numbers do suck which is why i'm turning to you guys for help! i'm not sure i want to spend roughly $700 on on a ported 18+ intake, and to be honest i don't really car much about numbers past 7k since i rarely live in that area...this is a street car. I would, however, spend $50 for an IMRC lockout kit if you think that would help chase down my my low/mid range power issue.

7. markmurfie

markmurfie Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Ford Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    You can do it with zip ties first just to see if it helps. Make sure you let your tuner know what you are doing to get the proper revision.