Sponsored

Procharger Stage 1 Kit is a huge disappointment!

OP
OP
DiabloStang

DiabloStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
6.5 PSI is spot on for a stage 1 HO kit ( assuming you have a 4.38" pulley). I went through this myself wondering why I wasn't hitting the estimated boost numbers I was told the kit would do. At the end of the day, they are just estimates and there are several other things to take into account. I hit 6.5 PSI on a 4.38, then I pullied down to a 4.10 and saw 7.6 PSI. I just ordered a 3.85 and am hoping to see 9-10. What did Procharger say when you spoke with them?

Did you update your injectors?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DiabloStang

DiabloStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Update. I brought my car to Cal Speed in Bakersfield to get dyno numbers and possibility a better tune. The guy was really busy, had coyote swaps everywhere so I felt pretty comfortable he knew what he was doing. He had a Dynojet installed outside and was using HP tuners to run the numbers and adjust the tune. The car initial put down 595 whp at 7 psi of boost. He was able to squeeze out a few more hp’s with a final pull of 631 whp. Now 631 hp at the wheel seems way to high for a stock stage 1 procharger kit. I honest think that was the HP tuner software calculating flywheel hp. I got a sketchy pdf dyno chart, it didn’t even have torque numbers. I’ve emailed him multiply time to get a normal Hp and Torque graphs but haven’t heard back. The guy is crazy busy and the tune was dirt cheap ($300) so I can understand why he could have possibly over looked my emails. Overall it was a good experience. The updated tune is much smoother and according Cal Speed my box tune from procharger had the fuel trim maxed out so I’m glad I went.

Could some with experience in tuning with HP tuner comment on whether or not this is calculated flywheel or actual whp?

upload_2019-6-7_14-23-44.jpeg

Last edited:

t14mhall

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Update. I brought my car to Cal Speed in Bakersfield to get dyno numbers and possibility a better tune. The guy was really busy, had coyote swaps everywhere so I felt pretty comfortable he knew what he was doing. He had a Dynojet installed outside and was using HP tuners to run the numbers and adjust the tune. The car initial put down 595 whp at 7 psi of boost. He was able to squeeze out a few more hp’s with a final pull of 631 whp. Now 631 hp at the wheel seems way to high for a stock stage 1 procharger kit. I honest think that was the HP tuner software calculating flywheel hp. I got a sketchy pdf dyno chart, it didn’t even have torque numbers. I’ve emailed him multiply time to get a normal Hp and Torque graphs but haven’t heard back. The guy is crazy busy and the tune was dirt cheap ($300) so I can understand why he could have possibly over looked my emails. Overall it was a good experience. The updated tune is much smoother and according Cal Speed my box tune from procharger had the fuel trim maxed out so I’m glad I went.
upload_2019-6-7_14-23-44.jpeg
That looks like a 3rd gear pull given the 125mph peak.

OP
OP
DiabloStang

DiabloStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
That looks like a 3rd gear pull given the 125mph peak.
It was 5th gear pull. It has 3.73 with a slightly bigger tire setup in the back. Also, I wouldn’t count on the mph scale being correct considering how shitty this graph is. I’m not sure if the gear pull would even matter with hp numbers. Torque def but in this case I don’t have it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Strange looking chart for 5th gear. Hell weird lookin chart period. Never seen one like that before.

OP
OP
DiabloStang

DiabloStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Strange looking chart for 5th gear. Hell weird lookin chart period. Never seen one like that before.
Agreed. Like I said, it’s def sketchy. I do remember watching him then asking him what gear he was in. He confirmed fifth gear idk.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If it was me in your position. I’d find a drag strip. And see what the car does. That way you have more data to throw into the equation. You can tell a lot from a time slip.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
If it was me in your position. I’d find a drag strip. And see what the car does. That way you have more data to throw into the equation. You can tell a lot from a time slip.
Agreed, need a slip for real world validation.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
If you are an auto car, and changed gears and tire size.... (which it looks like you have)

There is a LOT in the tune that would have needed to be changed to deal with those.
Otherwise, you will have lots of TQ issues out on the street as the TCS and trans won't place nice.
Sadly thats something that would have to be addressed with a custom tune (which it looks like you have)

On our EO systems, they are designed for 100% stock cars (other than exhaust)
They make the same power as our other systems psi for psi.
Depending on fuel quality can range from 580-660 rwhp.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
If you are an auto car, and changed gears and tire size.... (which it looks like you have)

There is a LOT in the tune that would have needed to be changed to deal with those.
Otherwise, you will have lots of TQ issues out on the street as the TCS and trans won't place nice.
Sadly thats something that would have to be addressed with a custom tune (which it looks like you have)

On our EO systems, they are designed for 100% stock cars (other than exhaust)
They make the same power as our other systems psi for psi.
Depending on fuel quality can range from 580-660 rwhp.
Really!!,i have made several tire size changes with my car and never have to make any adjustments.The output shaft speed sensor takes care of this and learns as long as its not a huge swing in gear ratio.I personally think he expects too much for just 6.5 pounds of boost,but could be wrong.Its hard to compare boost on these cars because so many things effect it.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Really!!,i have made several tire size changes with my car and never have to make any adjustments.The output shaft speed sensor takes care of this and learns as long as its not a huge swing in gear ratio.I personally think he expects too much for just 6.5 pounds of boost,but could be wrong.Its hard to compare boost on these cars because so many things effect it.
Gear change isn't the end of the world. But gear + tire change, can = issues.
Especially if the front to rear ratio isn't the same, or brands change.

TQ calculations can be thrown off, then MPH vs OSS can be thrown off. (they will fight each other)
The TCS system isn't super excited about it either.

6.5psi with 3.73's should = total tire destruction...at basically anything below interstate speeds.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Maybe I'm missing something but the 83lbs/min MAF should be 800 flywheel? But he cant feel it pulling? With 3.73s what gives ?
Sponsored