Sponsored

Procharger Stage 1 Kit is a huge disappointment!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i didn't read all the replies, but if your flooring it from 3500, your not going to see a huge increase

take this for example as a dyno from my 2011 car, making 1035 rwhp, running 8.7.ssss in the 1/4

at 3500 rpm, car makes 400 ft/lbs, adn 260 rwhp......

but the car goes 8.7s at 160 at that point....

#downshift :)

in all seriousness, your shifting these cars at say 7300-7800 rpm coming in around 6-6500 rpms

look at the difference there over 1000 wheel and peak torque of 840 ft/lbs,

flooring it at low rpm actuallly loads the rods too, downshift!!!

hipograph1.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
DiabloStang

DiabloStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I have an appointment for a dyno tune. I’ll have before and after charts for everyone to too see.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
In before the “well what did all that torque do for you??” Troof bomb lol
If you know how to drive, it does plenty. Maybe you’ll get there one day?

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
If you know how to drive, it does plenty. Maybe you’ll get there one day?
Me get to you? A car that’s never been validated at the track? No broski, I don’t have to get anywhere, you do.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Me get to you? A car that’s never been validated at the track? No broski, I don’t have to get anywhere, you do.
I don’t require validation at the track. Sorry bud. Growing up, maybe you’ll get there someday as well. #LifeGoals

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you will get to the track one day. When you do, post up them times....
And why would I do that again? That’s your measuring stick, not mine. I build my car for me, not to try and impress a bunch of rando’s at a track.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
And why would I do that again? That’s your measuring stick, not mine. I build my car for me, not to try and impress a bunch of rando’s at a track.
I drag race for me. Not to impress a bunch of rando's on a forum with my torque.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Im lost. In one post its says if you know how to drive? Then the next post says The track is not your measuring stick. So just for clarification. What type of driving are you doing that involves so much skill? Are you some type of street/roll racer? Road course?

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Im lost. In one post its says if you know how to drive? Then the next post says The track is not your measuring stick. So just for clarification. What type of driving are you doing that involves so much skill? Are you some type of street/roll racer? Road course?
Yes, I know how to drive my car. Are you inferring that people that don’t go to some sort of track don’t know how to drive their car?? Never implied I had “so much skill” at anything, those are your words and an inaccurate assessment of what’s been stated. I’m able to put the power that my car creates down to the ground successfully with “all that torque” without any issue, as was implied would be problematic by another member. Doesn’t take skill, just a little common sense and experience. I’m sure I don’t have anywhere near the track experience as you all, and I’m perfectly fine with that.

t14mhall

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I generally drive with it all on but have tested it with both track control and Advance Trac off. I have done a few more pulls too, all the way to until i hit the rev limiter, and the best boost numbers I can get is 6.5 psi at 7200 / 7300 rpm (rev limiter.) I plan on calling procharger on monday to see what they say.
6.5 PSI is spot on for a stage 1 HO kit ( assuming you have a 4.38" pulley). I went through this myself wondering why I wasn't hitting the estimated boost numbers I was told the kit would do. At the end of the day, they are just estimates and there are several other things to take into account. I hit 6.5 PSI on a 4.38, then I pullied down to a 4.10 and saw 7.6 PSI. I just ordered a 3.85 and am hoping to see 9-10. What did Procharger say when you spoke with them?
Sponsored