JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
About another day or so here I will get a shot of it running, I have the front end tore off right now putting in a breather can to get the oil out of my intake...
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I imagine the vibration you are feeling in the blower is actually coming from the tensioner reverberating through the bracket. With that low of boost level and the 8 rib, you shouldn't be having any slip at all, even without the Griptec pulley. Call Procharger and see if they might warranty the tensioner for you.

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I imagine the vibration you are feeling in the blower is actually coming from the tensioner reverberating through the bracket. With that low of boost level and the 8 rib, you shouldn't be having any slip at all, even without the Griptec pulley. Call Procharger and see if they might warranty the tensioner for you.
I agree. I called and talked to them this morning. They're reviewing the videos and will let me know. Hopefully hear something this afternoon from them. I'd like to resolve this for the weekend.

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
So I called I ended up calling procharger back this evening because I hadn’t heard back... again they took my number and said they’d look at the video and call me back. I ended up getting an email that’s said the tensioner is working fine. Not a word about the belt slip or anything else discussed. I replied asking about the rest of it but haven’t heard back. Customer service not seeming great so far... guess I’ll call back in the morning. I see procharger tech hasn’t logged in since March 20 so I’m guessing he’s not going to help.

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got it back together... as promised here is mine running for comparison. Guess it shakes about as much, maybe a little bit less, maybe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Finally got it back together... as promised here is mine running for comparison. Guess it shakes about as much, maybe a little bit less, maybe.
Thanks! Yes looks similar... are you getting any tremor or shake in the headunit while you're idling there? I talked to procharger again yesterday evening. They're sending me a new tensioner; said it could take unto two weeks. I'll prob tighten the belt up just a smidge between now and then.

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Yes looks similar... are you getting any tremor or shake in the headunit while you're idling there? I talked to procharger again yesterday evening. They're sending me a new tensioner; said it could take unto two weeks. I'll prob tighten the belt up just a smidge between now and then.
No my head unit is smooth as butter, I was actually going to set a glass of water on top of it, but thought better of the mess it would make if it did fall over... lol

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
No my head unit is smooth as butter, I was actually going to set a glass of water on top of it, but thought better of the mess it would make if it did fall over... lol
That’s a good idea tho lol. I’ll install the new tensioner then report back.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Anything on this? Mine is doing the same thing and makes an intermittent growling buzz. I’ve heard this since day one but now it’s worse, and gets worse the tighter the belt is. Anyone have p/n feedback on the new tensioner system they’re now sending? Can’t remember whether I saw it here, or FB group.

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did they redesign it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Anything on this? Mine is doing the same thing and makes an intermittent growling buzz. I’ve heard this since day one but now it’s worse, and gets worse the tighter the belt is. Anyone have p/n feedback on the new tensioner system they’re now sending? Can’t remember whether I saw it here, or FB group.
I haven’t received my tensioner yet. As soon as it comes in I’ll post a part number and give some feedback. They told it might take two weeks to ship due to powder coating.

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
OK guys.... sorry I been MIA for a while... just been traveling a lot and pulled in other directions.

Since slip is basically impossible on a STG2 kit, this is an easy fix.... literally I have ran three P-1X cars with 3.40" pulleys in the last few months and have zero slip even at 4 digit power numbers, and our stock pulleys. (I do run a green belt on those cars though) Anyways... let's get to the meat and potatoes here.

1) THE SHAKE: the idle variation in the motor causes the shake, that's normal...

2) TENSION: I can see that in that video that tensioner is only at 25% of its clamping force. I would move that up, and get it closer to the next notch if it was me, so you would be getting at least 50% of the spring force in it.

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
OK guys.... sorry I been MIA for a while... just been traveling a lot and pulled in other directions.

Since slip is basically impossible on a STG2 kit, this is an easy fix.... literally I have ran three P-1X cars with 3.40" pulleys in the last few months and have zero slip even at 4 digit power numbers, and our stock pulleys. (I do run a green belt on those cars though) Anyways... let's get to the meat and potatoes here.

1) THE SHAKE: the idle variation in the motor causes the shake, that's normal...

2) TENSION: I can see that in that video that tensioner is only at 25% of its clamping force. I would move that up, and get it closer to the next notch if it was me, so you would be getting at least 50% of the spring force in it.
Thanks for the reply... So increase tension and go to the green belt?
Sponsored