Procharger Pulley Swap

TorresDoe8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
For all those running Prochargers and that have done a pulley swap, I'm going to be doing it on mine here soon and although it may sound and seem pretty easy to anyone else, I wanna make sure I do it right and don't mess shit up. Is it as simple as loosening the belt, removing the pulley, readjusting the belt and tensioning properly? Haven't been able to find any good material or videos on doing the swap. TIA
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
For all those running Prochargers and that have done a pulley swap, I'm going to be doing it on mine here soon and although it may sound and seem pretty easy to anyone else, I wanna make sure I do it right and don't mess shit up. Is it as simple as loosening the belt, removing the pulley, readjusting the belt and tensioning properly? Haven't been able to find any good material or videos on doing the swap. TIA
Impact to loosen pulley bolt, loosen belt, swap pulley, tighten bolt with ratchet hand tight, install belt and tension properly, breaker bar and socket on crank pulley bolt, torque blower pulley bolt to 65ft/lb. Done. I can do it in 8 min.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Impact to loosen pulley bolt, loosen belt, swap pulley, tighten bolt with ratchet hand tight, install belt and tension properly, breaker bar and socket on crank pulley bolt, torque blower pulley bolt to 65ft/lb. Done. I can do it in 8 min.
A few Vortech/Paxton guys’ jaw hit the ground..

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Yeah, but their crank snouts won't. :cwl:
Actually. Good friend of mine is on his 2nd stock gen 3 longblock as he snapped his snout with a paxton on 3.6 pulley on pump gas. That’s just someone I know personally. Only kit I personally have not heard of breaking the snout is VMPs. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened, I just haven’t heard of any.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
I was always told never use an impact when removing the pulley.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The guys at palm beach dyno said they’ve see more broken cranks with roots blowers then any other forced induction set up.

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
And if you want to make subsequent pulley installs even easier, you can get a griptec pulley. Its a 2 piece design so to swap pulleys you just remove the 6 allen bolts that attach it to the hub. Only downside is the price compared to a standard procharger pulley.

20200725_143021.jpg

Reactions: XS

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Why pay more and deal with 6 bolts over one? Stage 2 procharger does not have any belt slip issues, so grip surface isnt needed.

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I mainly got it for the bling factor. I know that procharger stage 2 setups dont really benefit from using a griptec pulley compared to the other manufacturers.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
stage 2 set up here on a D1x. does anyone know that when I change to a 4.50 pulley from a 4.88 will I need a new belt?
Sponsored

Last edited: