Procharger Installed - P1X Stage 2 - CARB Compliant

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
Recently had a Procharger system installed on my 2019 Bullitt and couldn't be happier. I would have some better photos but the car is pretty dirty due to all of the fires in California at the moment "Raining Ash at times". Boost is where I wanted it to be even with all of the restrictions in California. Still want to be able to enjoy the ride in the car but have the power when I want it. This is using the supplied tune from Procharger on 91 Octane.
IMG_3754.jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 3.22.32 PM.png
Sponsored

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
Congrats,
nice set up.

OvalBlue26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Bullitt
Recently had a Procharger system installed on my 2019 Bullitt and couldn't be happier. I would have some better photos but the car is pretty dirty due to all of the fires in California at the moment "Raining Ash at times". Boost is where I wanted it to be even with all of the restrictions in California. Still want to be able to enjoy the ride in the car but have the power when I want it. This is using the supplied tune from Procharger on 91 Octane.

Iā€™m looking to go the same route. Do you have a better picture showing the air intake? Iā€™m hoping the open airbox on our Bullitts is not gone. Did you go HO or stage 2 and any supporting mods ie., OPGā€™s or snout support? Thanks, kenny

Last edited:
OP
OP
koldrid

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
Iā€™m looking to go the same route. Do you have a better picture showing the air intake? Iā€™m hoping the open airbox on our Bullitts is not gone. Did you go HO or stage 2 and any supporting mods ie., OPGā€™s or snout support? Thanks, kenny
Sadly regardless on which route you go HO or Stage 2 the Bullitt/GT350 Airbox is removed. I have the Stage 2 setup but since I am in CA and have the CARB one its basically the HO with a Stage 2 Intercooler. The airbox used is now the factory GT airbox due to size constraints. If you are a Stage 2 setup and not the CARB compliant one the intake is in the front bumper with the Procharger taking up the air intake space. Ill post a photo later, surprisingly I do not already have one in my photo library.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I am interested in knowing more about this. My Mach 1 is supposed to come in mid May. Stick, like your Bullitt. I put a Procharger HO kit on my '18 10R80 with Procharger's tune and it made 525 rwhp at about 6psi. I have since upgraded it with injectors, PBD tune etc.

But, I like the idea of putting the Procharger on the Mach I as well. Please give me your overall impressions of how the car drives being a manual trans, etc.

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Curious if you gave thought to changing the oil pump gears or not?
Is that still an issue ?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Curious if you gave thought to changing the oil pump gears or not?
Is that still an issue ?
Not as much as they used to be. It's more about high RPM now than it used to be, but they can still wear. I know one guy on Youtube ran like 8's or 9's on stock motor and when he did the teardown after MANY passes he said he gears still looked perfectly fine and he could have kept them longer or likely returned to stock and never had an issue with them.

That said, they CAN still break so its always a nice peace of mind thing.

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
IMG_3754.jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 3.22.32 PM.png
How is the driveability on the 91? Online reviews say a custom tune is a must but I'm looking for a carb compliant out of the box system hopefully. I have been eying the pro charger with helical gears and a k&n filter in the stock box.

Nice setup!

DHG K2085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hi,

I may do a Whipple or Procharger setup on my Bullitt. I have seen a few videos that are online. But since we have a real owner with us, I thought it best to get a real perspective.

In a couple of videos, there is considerable backfiring heard under fairly normal driving. Our Bullitts don't do this with stock pkgs. So the question(s): Have you noticed backfiring after supercharging install? Shouldn't the engine tune SW setup avoid backfiring conditions?

Tx for the knowledge.

Sponsored
OP
OP
koldrid

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
Sorry I haven't been on the forum for some time now. As for backfiring I haven't noticed any change at all. I know the Bullitt Mustangs have a raspier sounding exhaust but I haven't noticed any changes since the procharger was installed. If you have any examples I would like to see so I could compare.

OP
OP
koldrid

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
How is the driveability on the 91? Online reviews say a custom tune is a must but I'm looking for a carb compliant out of the box system hopefully. I have been eying the pro charger with helical gears and a k&n filter in the stock box.

Nice setup!
Drivability has been fine for me. I feel the team at Procharger did a great job a tleast with the tune running on my vehicle. Sadly since I live in CA I can't run to a tuner to get a newer tune to compare but I have no complaints.

OP
OP
koldrid

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
Not as much as they used to be. It's more about high RPM now than it used to be, but they can still wear. I know one guy on Youtube ran like 8's or 9's on stock motor and when he did the teardown after MANY passes he said he gears still looked perfectly fine and he could have kept them longer or likely returned to stock and never had an issue with them.

That said, they CAN still break so its always a nice peace of mind thing.
I will probably be changing mine out sooner rather than later but I do not really beat on my car. I like the additional horse power to make some spirited highway rides in Mexico but I haven't redlined the car which I where I have read people running into issues.

DHG K2085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Sorry I haven't been on the forum for some time now. As for backfiring I haven't noticed any change at all. I know the Bullitt Mustangs have a raspier sounding exhaust but I haven't noticed any changes since the procharger was installed. If you have any examples I would like to see so I could compare.
thanks koldrid.
i'll have to look for those links to the videos I saw. But there is a shop in Australia that did a whipple and it sounded perfect. Good to know yours is good as well.
Any rumors on collectability increase/decrease with an SC Bullitt?

K2085

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Drivability has been fine for me. I feel the team at Procharger did a great job a tleast with the tune running on my vehicle. Sadly since I live in CA I can't run to a tuner to get a newer tune to compare but I have no complaints.
you know...a wise dyno guy (who I may or may not be related to) pointed something out to me in my own quest to go supercharaged.

a new car in CA doesnā€™t get smogged for the first 8 years, so it entirely possible to run a custom tune, and keep the box tune on the sidelines for when itā€™s needed :wink:
Sponsored