Sponsored

Procharger HO Intall Update W/Pictures... Have Questions...

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

Finally got my Procharger P1SC installed. Setup is the HO tuner kit from Team Beefcake that has the 3.6 inch pulley installed along with the Stage 2 intercooler. Also installed is the Reische 170 degree thermostat and Brisk 1 range cooler plugs. I have had several logs reviews with LUND and so far things seem great other than the coolant / head temps.

I burped the system last night and was able to get coolant temps down to a max of 211 degrees with a max head temp of 230 degrees. As soon as I was done with my WOT runs the coolant temp dropped back down to 195 or so and head temps were 200 to 205. I have validated that the fans are coming on as expected.

What are others with ProChargers seeing as far as temps go? I wonder if a grill delete would help? Should I try to burp the system again?

Below are a few pictures of the install!

868r5FM.jpg

rSyb05Z.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was seeing some temp issues after my install. Not sure if you've seen this from the Service Manual. Seemed to help with mine. Your temps don't look that outrageous, not sure if I've seen a 230 head temp, but it gets to mid 220s when I'm on it still.

19. Install the degas bottle cap until it contacts the hard stop.
20. Turn the climate control system off.
21. Start the engine and increase the engine speed to 3,500 rpm and hold for 30 seconds.
22. Turn the engine off for and wait for 1 minute to purge any large air pockets from the cooling system.
WARNING: Always allow the engine to cool before opening the cooling system. Do not unscrew
the coolant pressure relief cap when the engine is operating or the cooling system is hot. The
cooling system is under pressure; steam and hot liquid can come out forcefully when the cap is
loosened slightly. Failure to follow these instructions may result in serious personal injury.
Check the engine coolant level in degas bottle and if necessary fill to the top of the MAX FILL line on the
degas bottle if the engine is warm or to the top of the MIN FILL LEVEL if the engine is cold.
Start the engine and let it idle until the engine reaches normal operating temperature and the thermostat is
fully open. A fully open thermostat is verified by the cooling fan cycling on at least once.
Increase the engine speed to 3,500 rpm and hold 25. for 30 seconds.
26. Allow the engine to idle for 30 seconds.
27. Turn the engine off for 1 minute.
28. Repeat steps 25 through 27 a total of 5 times to remove any remaining air trapped in the system.
WARNING: Always allow the engine to cool before opening the cooling system. Do not unscrew
the coolant pressure relief cap when the engine is operating or the cooling system is hot. The
cooling system is under pressure; steam and hot liquid can come out forcefully when the cap is
loosened slightly. Failure to follow these instructions may result in serious personal injury.
Check the engine coolant level in degas bottle and if necessary fill to the top of the MAX FILL line on the

OP
OP

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was seeing some temp issues after my install. Not sure if you've seen this from the Service Manual. Seemed to help with mine. Your temps don't look that outrageous, not sure if I've seen a 230 head temp, but it gets to mid 220s when I'm on it still.

19. Install the degas bottle cap until it contacts the hard stop.
20. Turn the climate control system off.
21. Start the engine and increase the engine speed to 3,500 rpm and hold for 30 seconds.
22. Turn the engine off for and wait for 1 minute to purge any large air pockets from the cooling system.
degas bottle if the engine is warm or to the top of the MIN FILL LEVEL if the engine is cold.
Start the engine and let it idle until the engine reaches normal operating temperature and the thermostat is
fully open. A fully open thermostat is verified by the cooling fan cycling on at least once.
Increase the engine speed to 3,500 rpm and hold 25. for 30 seconds.
26. Allow the engine to idle for 30 seconds.
27. Turn the engine off for 1 minute.
28. Repeat steps 25 through 27 a total of 5 times to remove any remaining air trapped in the system.
I just found this in the Chilton Manual. The fact that I got the temp down 10 degrees from yesterday tells me I probably do have air left in the system. What temps are you at now?

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Do you have the gen2 version of the reische thermostat? I had issues with the first gen. All metal, no jiggle valve. My temps stay pretty consistant 181-185 and 190 cylinder head temp cruising.

And i was under the impression the system burps itself, no need for complicated procedures.

OP
OP

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the gen2 version of the reische thermostat? I had issues with the first gen. All metal, no jiggle valve. My temps stay pretty consistant 181-185 and 190 cylinder head temp cruising.

And i was under the impression the system burps itself, no need for complicated procedures.
What is the easiest way to tell if I do or not?