Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

FivepointOHYEAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6M
After the custom tune, I'm at 554rwhp. That's a difference of 189rwhp from the stock output. It's VERY noticeable. 365rwhp stock to 554rwhp Procharged= 52% increase in power! Night and day!

Lag? None. There is gobs of power everywhere, at all RPM ranges. The coyote motor has plenty of torque down low even before the boost starts hitting. Once boost hits, it's like warp speed. Power delivery is smooth and linear. The higher the RPM's climb, the harder she pulls. I will admit that the canned tune was a bit uninspiring in the lower RPM range (below 3500), but with the custom tune, power pours on HARD and early. I'm assuming this is attributed to changes in the cam timing by Lund. Lund FTW!

I say go for it man. Hard to beat the performance value. I have ZERO regrets.
Procharger owes you money for that review, thank you very much for your time. I am going to purchase one now for all the reasons you listed. Your cars heat stays low, no soaking, the boost is on average always low, even if you drive spiritedly i bet your average over an hour of hwy would be 2 or lower. This is reliable to predictable. I use to ride dirtbikes so I know this might not apply, but i believe it does, i raced competitively CR250's which are 2 stroke engines, they act like how I imagine PD SC in that they spike in power and make driving very difficult but are super powerfully fast, while when i transitioned to a 4 stroke engine the power was linear and controllable. I won more races with the "slower" engine type. This is awesome, im glad i found this thread, Cant wait to put it on. You run 93 octane and stock injectors right? only addition is shared pulley belt P1sc1 and an intercooler essiantially right? $5300 is a good deal to have a DD that when moving can, In my mind be faster than stingray/porsches/ZL1's/older supercharged vettes. Im so happy i cant thank you enough
:headbang:

FivepointOHYEAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just saw that you have new injectors, I guess you added that recently? were the stock 42lbs ers , not enough?

Sponsored

FivepointOHYEAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, Google wasnt helpful here, but the since the belt is shared does that mean I dont need to disassemble the engine I just reroute a belt? or since the bracket holding the SC is attachted will I still need to disassemble it a little bit?

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Procharger owes you money for that review, thank you very much for your time. I am going to purchase one now for all the reasons you listed. Your cars heat stays low, no soaking, the boost is on average always low, even if you drive spiritedly i bet your average over an hour of hwy would be 2 or lower. This is reliable to predictable. I use to ride dirtbikes so I know this might not apply, but i believe it does, i raced competitively CR250's which are 2 stroke engines, they act like how I imagine PD SC in that they spike in power and make driving very difficult but are super powerfully fast, while when i transitioned to a 4 stroke engine the power was linear and controllable. I won more races with the "slower" engine type. This is awesome, im glad i found this thread, Cant wait to put it on. You run 93 octane and stock injectors right? only addition is shared pulley belt P1sc1 and an intercooler essiantially right? $5300 is a good deal to have a DD that when moving can, In my mind be faster than stingray/porsches/ZL1's/older supercharged vettes. Im so happy i cant thank you enough
:headbang:
I do run 93 octane, but the injectors are not stock. The Procharger HO Complete kit comes with 52# injectors to replace the 47# stockers. I ran it that way for a little while using the provided Procharger canned tune.

However, when I decided to get a custom tune, Beefcake recommended I also further upgrade the injectors to take full advantage of the Lund tune. So now, I have the ID1000 injectors.

The HO kit does use a shared-drive system and Procharger provides you with the belt.

If you want, take a look at my build thread. I detailed my install with TONS of pictures.

I just saw that you have new injectors, I guess you added that recently? were the stock 42lbs ers , not enough?
Yes, I have new injectors. The kit came with 52# injectors to replace the stockers. But I recently upgraded further to ID1000 injectors.

Sorry, Google wasnt helpful here, but the since the belt is shared does that mean I dont need to disassemble the engine I just reroute a belt? or since the bracket holding the SC is attachted will I still need to disassemble it a little bit?
You definitely don't need to disassemble the engine. You basically are just adding the blower bracket and a tensioner pulley then routing a new belt. It's simple. Please see my build thread for details. I also recommend emailing Procharger for a copy of the instruction manual.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Hey friend whats the max whp the stock internals can handle on the coyote engine ? Thanks looking forward to buy this. Also can you get a racegas tune like say using vp109?

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Hey friend whats the max whp the stock internals can handle on the coyote engine ? Thanks looking forward to buy this. Also can you get a racegas tune like say using vp109?
Hmm not sure. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable can chime in on that. I'm at 554rwhp now and I know there are quite a few people running much more than that on stock internals.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
on the 11-14, we usually put pump in the 620 or so range, I would "guess" 50 more is the really safe range on pump

moreso with race gas or e85

Sponsored

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
funny you said the hardest thing was removing the sound tube. That thing was a pain in the ass!

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Good write up! Are you still on the stock pulley with the Lund tune?
Yes. Everything still running great.

Unfortunately, the weather here in Ohio has been a tad cold for the tires so traction is essentially nonexistent.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
From reading both of your threads, your still not running a BAP with the new injectors, correct?

Thanks!