Procharger H.O. Complete Kit Install and Review

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
From reading both of your threads, your still not running a BAP with the new injectors, correct?

Thanks!
Correct. No BAP, just the ID1000's.

Any new vids or anything?
Hmmm, nothing new pertaining to the Procharger. Still just enjoying the power! Been driving it a bunch lately now that it's warming up in OH. These Pirellis aren't great in the cool weather so I got an upgrade on order, just waiting for them to show up....
Sponsored

MNDZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Someone asked a question earlier about having this as a daily driver in NJ with very hot summers and very cold winters. Is this an issue? I'm thinking of adding this, but I'm in Chicago. Also, will this pass the emissions test?

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Someone asked a question earlier about having this as a daily driver in NJ with very hot summers and very cold winters. Is this an issue? I'm thinking of adding this, but I'm in Chicago. Also, will this pass the emissions test?
I've had no issues regarding operation in cool or hot weather. In fact, Procharger has done a great job with the air-to-air intercooler, my IAT are quite low in the heat of the summer. I typically see 2-3 degrees above ambient. Even with the A/C on, the car is smooth as silk.

The ONLY thing that kept me from driving this thing DAILY (I still drove it occasionaly) this winter was simply traction... summer tires, RWD, etc.

Concerning emissions testing, I would have no idea as Ohio doesn't routinely do that.

Lensync

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red MT-82 3.55's base car
Wow your write up was amazing from beginning to end!! I'm thinking bout the BEEFCAKE SPECIAL HO kit w/ stage 2 intercooler because I live in Vegas and it's HOT most of the year... It comes with the ID1000's and the Lund tune. The price with the HO kit would be the same as the stage 2 but I'd get the helical gears, plugs and 160 degree thermostat. The only difference would be the direct drive belt vs the shared drive on the HO kit. Have you had any issues with the shared drive belt?? Thanks for any advise and a BIG THANKS for your review and install!!!!

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Wow your write up was amazing from beginning to end!! I'm thinking bout the BEEFCAKE SPECIAL HO kit w/ stage 2 intercooler because I live in Vegas and it's HOT most of the year... It comes with the ID1000's and the Lund tune. The price with the HO kit would be the same as the stage 2 but I'd get the helical gears, plugs and 160 degree thermostat. The only difference would be the direct drive belt vs the shared drive on the HO kit. Have you had any issues with the shared drive belt?? Thanks for any advise and a BIG THANKS for your review and install!!!!
Beefcake Special is definitely the way to go. I should've gone that route from the beginning because I ended up getting the injectors and tune from him later on.

I've had no issues whatsoever with the shared drivebelt. Generally speaking, the independent drive system of the Stage 2 kit is a bit of overkill and not really necessary.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Just a word of advice the 170 degree thermostat is generally considered much better. I would look into that instead!

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
170* is the clear choice

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Beefcake Special is definitely the way to go. I should've gone that route from the beginning because I ended up getting the injectors and tune from him later on.

I've had no issues whatsoever with the shared drivebelt. Generally speaking, the independent drive system of the Stage 2 kit is a bit of overkill and not really necessary.
Thinking bout going that route too. Is there emissions testing in OH? If so have you taken it in and passed yet?

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I've had no issues regarding operation in cool or hot weather. In fact, Procharger has done a great job with the air-to-air intercooler, my IAT are quite low in the heat of the summer. I typically see 2-3 degrees above ambient. Even with the A/C on, the car is smooth as silk.

The ONLY thing that kept me from driving this thing DAILY (I still drove it occasionaly) this winter was simply traction... summer tires, RWD, etc.

Concerning emissions testing, I would have no idea as Ohio doesn't routinely do that.
Thinking bout going that route too. Is there emissions testing in OH? If so have you taken it in and passed yet?
See bolded text above.

Lensync

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red MT-82 3.55's base car
So your saying don't bother with the stage 2 intercooler... Get the thermostat instead? I guess it makes sense... For me I don't race and won't beat on it... I just want fast when I want FAST! If that's what your saying then you you saved me $300... Well minus the $70 for the thermostat... Thank you for the tip!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
So your saying don't bother with the stage 2 intercooler... Get the thermostat instead? I guess it makes sense... For me I don't race and won't beat on it... I just want fast when I want FAST! If that's what your saying then you you saved me $300... Well minus the $70 for the thermostat... Thank you for the tip!
I emailed Procharger asking about the benefits of the Stage 2 intercooler. Basically they said its only needed if you plan on turning up the boost later on, its unnecessary for the HO.

However that being said, the Stage 2 raises the boost pressure by around 1psi, so if you want an extra psi without messing with pulleys, etc, the intercooler upgrade isn't a bad choice in that case.

Just sharing my knowledge learned along the way :)
Sponsored