Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
In Order

1) Get new injectors
2) Get on a Dyno
3) Get PBD to remote in
4) Hold ON

A D-1X on a 4" pulley, is going to be a 155+ MPH machine. :)
First, thanks for the great service! Raven and I think Brian??? have been awesome and I received my new parts FAST. Hell I was shocked when it went 144 mph. I thought it was fast then. lol.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
First, thanks for the great service! Raven and I think Brian??? have been awesome and I received my new parts FAST. Hell I was shocked when it went 144 mph. I thought it was fast then. lol.
The tiny blowers can run 144. Get it ironed out and go 150s!!!!!

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
you are one lucky guy for sure lol, im doing everything possible to avoid my car from blowing, and you were here going on with some funky injectors lol give us an update on the build !

Sponsored

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Took it out last night to do some data logging for PBD. The car did not break up at all and shifted through third into fourth without a problem. I will do a quick compression test over the weekend to make sure all is well.

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Quick update

I installed a Watson battery relocation setup and thier catch can. They make top notch stuff. Waiting on my roll cage.

Did a compression test - what a cluster F!
I bought a brand new tester but every cylinder read exactly either 180 and 230. Each time I did it the same cylinder would give a different reading. I'm thinking it was a defective gauge.

.020 plug gap is what you guys recommended, when I first installed the injectors it was started the car it was 90 degrees down here and it ran fine. Saturday it was in the 50s and the car had a very difficult time staying running until it warmed up. Think it's the gap being at .020?

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Quick update

Did a compression test - what a cluster F!
I bought a brand new tester but every cylinder read exactly either 180 and 230. Each time I did it the same cylinder would give a different reading. I'm thinking it was a defective gauge.

.020 plug gap is what you guys recommended, when I first installed the injectors it was started the car it was 90 degrees down here and it ran fine. Saturday it was in the 50s and the car had a very difficult time staying running until it warmed up. Think it's the gap being at .020?
Your compression should show 160-180 at sea level if the test is done correctly. But different numbers back to back probably faulty equipment

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Took the car to the track tonight and it seems to not be making enough boost. Feels like the car is down on HP big time. One thing I noticed is that my red race valve is always blowing out air and doesn't shut no matter the rpm. As the rpm increases, so does the air flow coming out of the valve. It never shuts unless I unplug the air line in the top. The line going to my valve only has vacuum and never boost which I believe to be another issue. At 5000 RPM the car still has vacuum on the line going to the valve. I'm curious what the previous owner did with that setup. My setup comes right off the manifold on the passenger side and uses that for boost reference. I can share pics in the a.m. if anyone has any ideas.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
You have to quickly stab the throttle to close the BOV, gradually raising RPM doesnt close it. If you pulled the line and it closed its working right, it saw atmospheric on the diaphragm and the spring pressure closed it. If manifold doesnt get to atmospheric or positive pressure then BOV will continue to blow.

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Took the car to the track tonight and it seems to not be making enough boost. Feels like the car is down on HP big time. One thing I noticed is that my red race valve is always blowing out air and doesn't shut no matter the rpm. As the rpm increases, so does the air flow coming out of the valve. It never shuts unless I unplug the air line in the top. The line going to my valve only has vacuum and never boost which I believe to be another issue. At 5000 RPM the car still has vacuum on the line going to the valve. I'm curious what the previous owner did with that setup. My setup comes right off the manifold on the passenger side and uses that for boost reference. I can share pics in the a.m. if anyone has any ideas.
If you have a leak in the line to the bov that would do it. If the line is plugged that will do it. Take the line off at the bov a check. If you have it connected to the wrong port that would do it. If the line is to small that can do it. If the boost from your procharger did not making it into your intake manifold that will do it. Like a coupler falling off. Pictures are worth 1000 words