Sponsored

Procharger D1 HO Kit Dyno Chart 4.1 Pulley - Flat power after 6400 RPM

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Would be nice to have a solution but it puzzles me that someone towards the beginning of the thread received a tune from Matt and although it pulled a couple hundred RPM higher than the previous tune (I think it was Lund but don't quote me) it still flatlined after 6700 or so. Maybe it's an engine issue that is corrected via a new tune, something that wasn't seen before.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
From what I have read in this thread, you guys seem to think that the iMrc valves close proportionaly based on voltage. I always thought that they were either open or closed. If they are proportional, how are they controlled?
They are controlled by vaccum and a sensor reads the position of each bank.

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
They are commanded open. Which the ecu datalog reports a 1 or 0 for open or closed. There is a pot that rotates to show position feedback. Closed is about 1 volt and open is around 3.94 volts. From what we've seen in datalogs it hold solid at 3.94 volts then after 6000 rpm is tapers down and ends up about 3.5 volts. This indicates rotation of the shaft that the plates are attached to. .5 volts out of 2.9 volts equals .5/2.94 Ă— 90 degrees or about 1/6th of 90 degrees or about 15 degrees of rotation towards closed. They aren't proportionally controlled, but do have semi proportional feedback.

MyYellowPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trip Yel GT Prem PP
I am not used to this forum but am in a bind. i installed an f1a on my GT and id1300s and ngk plugs and jus bap. once all was installed the car cranks but won't fire up. any ideas? car fired after PC install. car fired after spark plugs and injectors. then once bap was installed it would not fire. *car has not been tuned yet. just started and checked for any leaks of any sort.

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
I know it's not IMRC related from what I've gathered

Sponsored

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
I am not used to this forum but am in a bind. i installed an f1a on my GT and id1300s and ngk plugs and jus bap. once all was installed the car cranks but won't fire up. any ideas? car fired after PC install. car fired after spark plugs and injectors. then once bap was installed it would not fire. *car has not been tuned yet. just started and checked for any leaks of any sort.
Hey buddy, you will probably get a better response to your question if you started your own thread. Alot of guys will be willing to help you out but a lot of them wont see it during this topic discussion. I hope this don't come off the wrong way when you read it just trying to help you get a better response :thumbsup:

MyYellowPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trip Yel GT Prem PP
thanks. again I've never used the forum to communicate just to see info. new to this stuff ha. appreciate it though

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
From what I have read in this thread, you guys seem to think that the iMrc valves close proportionaly based on voltage. I always thought that they were either open or closed. If they are proportional, how are they controlled?
The voltage in the logs comes from the position sensor. This is why it is proportional. If the log were to show the control valve voltage it would not be. Attached is a picture of the back of a GT350 manifold. Slightly different positioning of canisters but the control is the same as the GT. The back of the manifold is attached to the bottom of the control valves. The canisters are attached just above that and the intake tube is attached to the top of the control valve. When its off the control valve directs the canisters to the intake tube where they can not get vaccum. The IMRC is open. In their on position they can direct anywhere from 100% manifold vaccum to 0% controlling the IMRC open/ closed position at partial throttle. Mostly the position will be open or closed based on engine load, not a whole lot of time in between but the ECU does account for that brief transition period.

At WOT the pressure in the manifold and the intake tube will be the same and there for the IMRC will be open.

If you have boost at WOT the canisters will see boost from the intake tube as that is where the control valve will direct it. pressure on the diaphragm should ensure the IMRC is open. If the throttle is slammed shut the canisters will see the spike of boost in the intake tube that happens before the BOV can vent. This can damage the diaphragm as it was not designed to see this kind of pressure. A broken diaphragm can cause the IMRC to get stuck closed.
GT350 IMRC control sensors.jpg

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone need a 11-14 intake? Lol

:lol:Yeah no kidding. No IMRC to worry about. Although, isn't the function of the bypass valve to dump pressure when the TB closes?

Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Anyone need a 11-14 intake? Lol
im actaully considering this. they are VERY cheap and if they keep climbing. (i know they do in the 11-14 cars) would be worth it.:cheers: i might just try this as i have one laying around.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I know it's not IMRC related from what I've gathered
Kinda what I hoped to hear.

Since we have two cars here at work that do NOT drop off at all up to the revlimter of 7,300 rpm.

BUT, now that one of the cars is on winter fuel, I can't easily demonstrate that on that car, because it pulls timing up there, due to the crap winter fuel.

The other car that has summer 93 in it, still pulls hard all the way to 7,300 with no flat line in power.

Both cars have the same tune file sent to customers. :)

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Kinda what I hoped to hear.

Since we have two cars here at work that do NOT drop off at all up to the revlimter of 7,300 rpm.

BUT, now that one of the cars is on winter fuel, I can't easily demonstrate that on that car, because it pulls timing up there, due to the crap winter fuel.

The other car that has summer 93 in it, still pulls hard all the way to 7,300 with no flat line in power.

Both cars have the same tune file sent to customers. :)
'

yes but those same tunes flatline for me... on 93

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
'

Also with North Carolina 93 octane also. Don't think it has anything to do with octane. It maybe timing related but only so much timimg you can add with 93.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
'

Right, that is the question is to why.

We have two cars right now next to eachother.

Both Auto's, both STG2 systems
Both have the same tune file in them.
They run the same cam timing,
They both show no movement of the cams, or IMRC's on the log different.
Same dyno, same 72 degree testing temperature in the cell.

The only difference, one has "winter blend" fuel, the other still has summer 93.
The winter car pulls timing the entire run, and flat lines.
The summer car adds timing the entire run, and goes up all the way.

The ONLY thing I can see different, is the amount of total ignition timing ran. (Summer runs 21 degrees, Winter runs 15/16)

I wish I could find something different,
But thats all I know. Maybe if I have time I will throw some 100 octane in the "winter" car, and see if it stops doing it.

If there is more to the story, I am all ears.
I just haven't had the time to find it.
And out of the past 5 cars that came through here, this is the first to do it.
(but is also the first on the "winter" fuel)
Sponsored