OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Which exact kit did you purchase? The 50 state carb legal kits (HO and stage 2) do indeed still have the MAF located in the IC.
HO complete but not the 50 state carb legal kit. The kit with the head unit on the driver's side and filter in the fender.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you try? Ive seen plenty of posts when they’ve responded to guys on Sunday and the wee hours of morning.
Paid for the complete kit with a tune. Regardless of whether custom tunes are better I would still like to get what I paid for up and running from Procharger. I had a budget for the system, opg, cs, boost gauge, and tires, and got there, so custom tune is just going to have to wait. I am already irritated the kit was missing the IC mounting bolts and had to run to the hardware store, the drain line only came with a plastic cap that leaks head unit oil (used something else lying around the shop to fix), and it seems the inlet hose on the head unit had some factory defect that flattened where the filter mounts. I traveled quite a distance to work with a friend on this at his shop and planned it carefully as I work long hours throughout the week. Thinking this would go smoothly is on me. At this point just going to wait and see what Procharger says about the tune and this MAF location. Not sure why its located on IC if kits don't come that way. It took almost 4 weeks to ship out after ordering from Beefcake and it was my understanding it shipped from Procharger.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heard from Procharger. All H.O. complete kits have the MAF in the intercooler. CARB or not. Only stage 2 kits they said come with MAF on charge pipe. Trying to deal with their tuner in emails. Really wish I could just talk to them on the phone... Number listed in their email is not actually for the tuners. Email tag is irritating as hell.

Last edited:

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Heard from Procharger. All H.O. complete kits have the MAF in the intercooler. CARB or not. Only stage 2 kits they said come with MAF on charge pipe. Trying to deal with their tuner in emails. Really wish I could just to them on the phone... Number listed in their email is not actually for the tuners.
If the only variable is that the car runs with the MAF unplugged, but doesn't when its plugged in and you were getting MAF codes, then perhaps you guys damaged the MAF sensor on install. I know that on mine, I had to file down the opening in the Intercooler because the mounting plate was misaligned when it was welded on.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the only variable is that the car runs with the MAF unplugged, but doesn't when its plugged in and you were getting MAF codes, then perhaps you guys damaged the MAF sensor on install. I know that on mine, I had to file down the opening in the Intercooler because the mounting plate was misaligned when it was welded on.
Not ruling out something had a failure, but the MAF did go in without issue and went directly from stock intake pipe to IC. Fitment was great. Will wait to buy another MAF after some communication.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right now we are wondering if it came with a leaky injector. My friend with the car said when he attempted to start this morning it was very hesitant and smelled harshly of fuel and had smoke. After it went back to its usual 1k blip and stall. No codes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like there was an install error. Intercooler is flipped with MAF on driver side...

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Looks like there was an install error. Intercooler is flipped with MAF on driver side...
Good to hear it was something relatively easy. I know taking off the bumper again sucks, but it could have been worse.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Really wish I could just talk to them on the phone... Number listed in their email is not actually for the tuners. Email tag is irritating as hell.
That will never happen sadly. Since there are only (2) of us at this point, and 90% of the time we are sitting on a very loud chassis dyno developing tunes, so could never hear a caller anyways.

Plus honestly, 90+% of the time when someone calls about a "tune issue" it always is actually NOT a tune issue.

- spark plug issues
- parts installed wrong
- can't work the programmer
- etc.

Perfect example.

I really really wish we could chat on the phone, but sadly that's why we got a HUGE phone staff of tech guys to help folks walk though those issues. They can be reached any time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That will never happen sadly. Since there are only (2) of us at this point, and 90% of the time we are sitting on a very loud chassis dyno developing tunes, so could never hear a caller anyways.

Plus honestly, 90+% of the time when someone calls about a "tune issue" it always is actually NOT a tune issue.

- spark plug issues
- parts installed wrong
- can't work the programmer
- etc.

Perfect example.

I really really wish we could chat on the phone, but sadly that's why we got a HUGE phone staff of tech guys to help folks walk though those issues. They can be reached any time.
I get it. Nbd. Just happy we got it worked out. It will get flipped later and will try again. Excited to drive it! Sadly that won't be until tomorrow 😪

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
the drain line only came with a plastic cap that leaks head unit oil (used something else lying around the shop to fix),
you are to use the metal cap, that was installed on the headunit. (it's on the headunit when it ships, so that it doesn't leak)

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
My stage 2 d1x MAF is in the ic, but I've had my kit for 3 years...

GeigerZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Glad it was simple (it's always simple after the fact eh?) :like:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
My stage 2 d1x MAF is in the ic, but I've had my kit for 3 years...
I would say the change is about 1 year old.

Glad it was simple (it's always simple after the fact eh?) :like:
I do blower kit installs about once a week, and have for 15 years. Even last week, I forgot to tighten down the hose clamp on one single intercooler tube. Floored it, and was 3psi boost low. Obviously I have done these same kit like 20 times, so I knew it was 100% my fault.

I pulled over, got on the ground, saw the issue. Grabbed a dime, and turned the clamp (lucky it was easy to get to). Floored it again, and ALL THE BOOST. lol.

Moral of the story, we all make mistakes...even when we do the same thing nearly daily lol
Sponsored