ProCharger ate it's intake elbow

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
After the nightmare or buying the kit used and Process not sending me all the parts, now the head unit ate the intake and bent the compressor fins. Was out doing a log for Lund and was at WOT around 7k and the car bucked real hard and I let off. I also head a breif squel. God I hope the engine is ok. I'm crossing my fingers that the rubber came off in large enough pieces to get caught in the intercooler and not make it to the engine. FML :mad:
File Apr 24, 17 09 31.jpeg
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Oh no!

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
That sucks man... I hope everything is fine ... Fingers crossed for ya

Beerdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GTPP
Ouch. That sucks man :(

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Wow that is concerning that the intake hose could fail like that!

OP
OP
RockStang

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Here is a picture I had taken earlier today right before taking it out. There was already a hole from it getting sucked in when the tuner had me do a 2500-5000 WOT pull. You can see the arch in the hole which I now realize was from the center of the compressor wheel burning through it during the pull. Of course I should have taken it as a sign but I kept thinking, maybe that was there when I installed it. Perfect example of not trusting your instincts. I was just about to order a new elbow today of course and then this happens. Cosmic Karma for reading about all the issue folks had with the early PC kits and then I go a freakin buy a used one :frusty::frusty::frusty:

I'll be calling PC tomorrow to see what they can do.
File Apr 24, 20 10 45.jpeg

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
That looks like an older version of the inlet elbow. Procharger has since revised that piece. The earlier ones were prone to collapse. New kits have the revised elbow, but I'm assuming since you bought it used, you got the older one?

Either way, there are a few options out there. You could try obtaining the revised inlet from Procharger or some of us have found a replacement on ebay that actually works well:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261667376847?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Here's a comparo from my install thread:

I also happened to video it while on the dyno to make sure it didn't collapse:

[ame]

It's worked well for me. The only complaint is that it says "JDM" on it. Black electrical tape solved that problem.

OP
OP
RockStang

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
That looks like an older version of the inlet elbow. Procharger has since revised that piece. The earlier ones were prone to collapse. New kits have the revised elbow, but I'm assuming since you bought it used, you got the older one?

Either way, there are a few options out there. You could try obtaining the revised inlet from Procharger or some of us have found a replacement on ebay that actually works well:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261667376847?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Here's a comparo from my install thread:

I also happened to video it while on the dyno to make sure it didn't collapse:

It's worked well for me. The only complaint is that it says "JDM" on it. Black electrical tape solved that problem.
Thanks. We must have posted at the same time :) That's the exact coupler I was going to order today. I found in the old Pro Charger complaint thread.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Fuck man sorry to see, this is why he wouldn't let me PayPal him I bet

Sponsored

Pony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Sorry for that man, I have the older version:doh: I will change it as soon as possible :(

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here is a picture I had taken earlier today right before taking it out. There was already a hole from it getting sucked in when the tuner had me do a 2500-5000 WOT pull. You can see the arch in the hole which I now realize was from the center of the compressor wheel burning through it during the pull. Of course I should have taken it as a sign but I kept thinking, maybe that was there when I installed it. Perfect example of not trusting your instincts. I was just about to order a new elbow today of course and then this happens. Cosmic Karma for reading about all the issue folks had with the early PC kits and then I go a freakin buy a used one :frusty::frusty::frusty:

I'll be calling PC tomorrow to see what they can do.

Hope PC takes care of you, but having owned a D1 and an F2, when one breaks, PC tells you to pound sand. Cost to repair is rather substantial. Likely whatever you saved buying used is now moot.

Good luck!

OP
OP
RockStang

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Well, ProCharger gave me an RMA and the Head Unit is on it's way to them. That doesn't mean that they are going to fix it free of charge but we'll see. The tech support guy did in a way acknowledge an issue with the elbow. To me, if the elbow that you send with the kit failed and damaged your compressor, you should be liable for it. I won't know anything until they look at it. :kickrock:

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Maybe you will get back a F1A lol

OP
OP
RockStang

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Well if it's going to cost me a butt load of money I might ask them about doing an upgrade. Pretty pointless though since I'm not ever going to build this motor. "Knocks on wood"
Sponsored