Problems...

D200SF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
I took delivery of my long awaited stang on April 1st. I enjoyed the first few days until driving to work on the Tuesday morning when the car lost power and was changing gear erratically or reverting to neutral, each time a large spanner symbol would illuminate. The engine management light also lit up. I took it to the dealers that afternoon. I collected the car on the Thursday morning, they said they'd cleared various faults and it was now ok. No problems driving to work. after work when I got in my car the engine management light was illuminated. Again, numerous erratic gear changes after decelerating. I phoned the dealers first thing Friday morning and they said it was ok to drive so long as the engine management light remained yellow and not red and said to bring it in Monday morning.

Over the weekend I had no gearbox problems and the engine management light remained lit.

This morning I noticed the engine management light had gone out. I still took the car to the dealer and had no issues getting there. They had the car for an hour, cleared faults again and said there were no issues. After leaving the dealers within two minutes the gearbox was changing erratically and power was lost for a few seconds the large spanner logo illuminating each time. I took the car back to the dealers, was given a fiesta and told they need the car for five days.

To say I'm not impressed is a bit of an understatement.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
See if the dealer will let you know what codes they cleared.......a quick Google search will likely bring up some results. At least you'll know more about what the fault might be, and any likely resolutions.

Good luck :)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not good. Sorry to hear this. While I can't offer any technical advice, I would advise keeping close tabs on Ford whilst they have the car. If they can't assure you that progress is being made or give the impression that they haven't got a clue then time to escalate. If I was in your shoes I would do all I could to make sure they are doing everything they can.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I imagine this would be suitable grounds for rejecting the car as you're within 30 days. I'm not suggesting you do but it would be a bit of leverage to use against the dealer.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I see you're in Stoke....

If you're using Bristol Street you have my sympathy:mad::(

Sponsored

OP
OP

D200SF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
The dealer gave me pages of faults that they'd cleared, but I've left them in the boot of the car. They'd also done a software upgrade on the power control module.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
If they don't have a diagnosis after this visit I would tell them you are rejecting the car. Not because you are, but to focus their minds. Pretty sure you can get a standard "I am rejecting this car because.........." letter off the web or speak to trading standards.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like they're just clearing codes but not fixing whats causing the codes. See if you can talk to a manager and get a tech to fix whats actually wrong with it! Otherwise start lemon law precedings! Either way your in for a long haul!

OP
OP

D200SF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Sounds like they're just clearing codes but not fixing whats causing the codes. See if you can talk to a manager and get a tech to fix whats actually wrong with it! Otherwise start lemon law precedings! Either way your in for a long haul!
Spoke to the service manager yesterday afternoon to apply a bit of pressure to them stating that when I pick my car up I don't expect any more problems. I've waited a year for my dream car I just hope they get it sorted or I'll have no other option than to reject it within the 30 day period.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Reject it and get one of them basic manual boxes instead of a fandangled complex auto!:D

Alternatively, go down the path others have mentioned - just be sure to be firm with them:paddle:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
If your using Bristol Street, STOP USING Bristol Street! I had hellish service from them. :(

I now use Burns in Congleton who are bloody amazing, so good I even let them do none warranty/service work as well, really top guys and they don't mind you being in the workshop with them either.

However I think your car might have a self learning problem as you said after a couple of days the light went out. It could be something as silly as dodgy fuel.

If I were you, get it to Tesco or Shell, stick 99/Vpower in it, full tank and just drive it for a week even if it goes funky, if after a week if throws a spanner, reject the car or take a trip to Burns to see what they say. :)

OP
OP

D200SF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
If your using Bristol Street, STOP USING Bristol Street! I had hellish service from them. :(

I now use Burns in Congleton who are bloody amazing, so good I even let them do none warranty/service work as well, really top guys and they don't mind you being in the workshop with them either.

However I think your car might have a self learning problem as you said after a couple of days the light went out. It could be something as silly as dodgy fuel.

If I were you, get it to Tesco or Shell, stick 99/Vpower in it, full tank and just drive it for a week even if it goes funky, if after a week if throws a spanner, reject the car or take a trip to Burns to see what they say. :)
Just spoke to the dealers. New gearbox on order. Being fitted next week. I'll use Burns in Congleton in the future since you've had good service from them.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just spoke to the dealers. New gearbox on order. Being fitted next week. I'll use Burns in Congleton in the future since you've had good service from them.
That's quick!!!!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Ah...not just a code reset then :D
Glad they've settled on a fix for you.
Sponsored