Sponsored

Problems and Running Changes

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes before well reported issues (and what it takes to be considered an issue significant enough) that are cropping up on the S550 to be made a running change?
Thx

e.g.

>Stamping,

>Fitment,

>Premature seat wear,

>Backward Catalytic Converters
Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Ill guess one model year. If it is bad enough they will issue a recall or at least a TSB IMO. All the first year gripes probably fixed for '16

I traded a '12 Focus for a '13, and there were subtle changes that addressed minor problems, including the interior lighting buttons (revised), speedo was less busy, Interior trunk release button (some reason wasn't included in the '12), better headliner attachment ('12 rattled), etc.

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
It's a shame they'd wait an entire model year to fix some things, I'd hope with things like fit and finish would be addressed along the way.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Don't you think allot of those issues would have been addressed with the preproduction vehicles? I mean alot of those stated issues would have been addressed but as far as alignment of panels.. body parts.. I still find that as a human issue... Something that should have been caught in the factory during qc

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
I just want to know if there is anything big to go wrong.... (like backwards cats?) that my dealer tells me now before it fu*** up something. I wont be mad if i have to take it to the ford place for a couple days but id rather know and get it fixed.

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
I just want to know if there is anything big to go wrong.... (like backwards cats?) that my dealer tells me now before it fu*** up something. I wont be mad if i have to take it to the ford place for a couple days but id rather know and get it fixed.
Backwards cats = human error

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Im sure they will take care of stuff along the way, but anything non-urgent would be left to warranty service until revised in future models

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd feel comfortable letting the dealership adjust fenders, doors etc or refitting the leather seat covers...I'd really like to know at what part of a model years production cycle does Ford implement corrections? Porsche as an example does it at the halfway point.
Sponsored