Problem with pony projection light

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
I noticed my drivers side projection light is messed up getting out of the car last night. Is this something that I can fix if I pop it out or will it need to be replaced? I'd rather avoid bringing the car to a dealer for something so small.

Sponsored

Last edited:

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Dealer will replace in about 2 min

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
It will take more than 2 min :) but its under warranty go see your dealer

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I noticed my drivers side projection light is messed up getting out of the car last night. Is this something that I can fix if I pop it out or will it need to be replaced? I'd rather avoid bringing the car to a dealer for something so small.

WowwNow.jpg
I agree about trying to avoid the dealer. But if they will do something in your presence, it minimizes the risk.

If you want to be a hero to the forums, you can pursue the route that S550 Agent (sp?) posted and make a full report. He's a Ford tech and posted that the warranty has little known provisions for customers to get the parts and do the labor themselves. He didn't go into details, but I plan to look into it if I ever need any parts replaced under warranty.

But to your question, that part is pretty cheap because someone posted they were thinking about buying extras for the next time one goes out.

OP
OP
TruBlue16

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
I agree about trying to avoid the dealer. But if they will do something in your presence, it minimizes the risk.

If you want to be a hero to the forums, you can pursue the route that S550 Agent (sp?) posted and make a full report. He's a Ford tech and posted that the warranty has little known provisions for customers to get the parts and do the labor themselves. He didn't go into details, but I plan to look into it if I ever need any parts replaced under warranty.

But to your question, that part is pretty cheap because someone posted they were thinking about buying extras for the next time one goes out.
Have a link to that thread or anything?

Anyone have a part number for a replacement?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Have a link to that thread or anything?
I did a quick search but its like a needle in a haystack. But I PMed him to get more information. It was Agent_S550 BTW, not the spelling I guessed before.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Just noticed last night that it appears to be snowing on my driver side pony. Like, it looks like snow is falling all around it, LOL.

OP
OP
TruBlue16

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
I did a quick search but its like a needle in a haystack. But I PMed him to get more information. It was Agent_S550 BTW, not the spelling I guessed before.
Thanks, let me know if you hear back from him.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks, let me know if you hear back from him.
He has a different job and doesn't have access to the book any more but confirmed there is a process. So I'm guessing we need to see what it says to have a chance of convincing a dealer to do it. I have to assume they would resist since they would lose most of the labor payment from Ford. As you would expect, the dealer would have to believe and be able to show Ford the part(s) were bad, so any part without the VIN on it that could not be tested out of the car (are the any? LoL) would still require the dealer to have the car for the diagnostics. So not as appealing as I was hoping if it involves leaving the car at the dealer anyway.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
All i need is a video on how to install it, i will not let the dealership touch my car! American muscle has color tints for the puddle lamps, when i fix mine i will be changing the color to red!

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
It's amazing that Ford hasn't fixed this issue yet. I had to replace my lights 4 times on my 2013. I put some tint on them the 5th time and that seemed to fix the issue. It seems as though water spots dry on the lens and it ruins it.

OP
OP
TruBlue16

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
All i need is a video on how to install it, i will not let the dealership touch my car! American muscle has color tints for the puddle lamps, when i fix mine i will be changing the color to red!
Looks like a small flat head screw driver on the end will pop it out.

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Flathead screwdriver is all you need to pop it out

also you can get the tint for 100x cheaper on amazon/ebay. AM is ripping people off with that

Salt Ninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Premium with 50 Years Pkg
You got a flaming pony there. :headbang:
Sponsored