Probably the first to Blow a Gen 3 Coyote w/ a Roush P2 Supercharger

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
No. It’s a gt. It had the roush p2 blower. Is it the stage two blower? Idk. Semantics. It is not a roush numbered car. I am not paying but warranty coverage was denied. I’ll say who paid when this is over but it wasn’t Ford or roush. I can’t blame the dealer for denying coverage either. Roush only pays a max of 10k for something like this. I fucked around and found out. I’m just saying. They should be able to fix it? Right?

oh. well heck. idunno then man. i don't trust those aftermarket warranties :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
oh. well heck. idunno then man. i don't trust those aftermarket warranties :D
I have faith in the warranty :p They *are* paying. They don't want too though. I've been told as such. Written rules are being changed I promise. When I mentioned "Roush" they were supposed to say no but didn't.

OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Just more proof dealers suck, especially when it comes to diagnosing modified cars. Sorry you have to deal with that bud.
I don't know how much they can do for the situation TBH. I'm guessing it has more to do with the canned tune from Roush than anything but I don't know. Going to offer loading an aftermarket tune if they are willing to take care any error codes that crop up in the first few weeks. During the week I had it the AC felt different and there was the CEL code for engine coolant temps... That's never happened.

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
This falls into why I only buy OEM designed powertrains. Are they perfect , no but they are much better than playing this game. I prefer to be able to enjoy my vehicles by driving them, not by fixing problems from parts that are not OEM.

Its the game you play sadly and troubleshooting OEM powertrains can be problematic enough so this has really never been for me.

Hope you get it sorted but ya pays ya moneys ya takes ya chances as they say.

Sponsored

dc3843

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Saleen 302
I’m going to say it’s roush’s tune. I bought a 2020 f150 and had them put the roush blower on it. Hauling ass down the freeway and the cel starts blinking. Got it to stay on steady and it was shouting misfire from #3. Have the dealer look, nothing. I get back out on the road, hauling ass again, same issue. Traded the truck in. Blown motor waiting to happen and roush refuses to change their tune.

OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I have a car back. No CEL's on the way home and I was trying my hardest. More Soon.

OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
So... The PCM was replaced under warranty because it threw a CEL that said the VIN # programmed was invalid. Roush blamed it on a tune and they put a new PCM in under emissions warranty. Afterwards they programmed the latest Roush tune and did 6 crank relearns. It is still misfiring on deceleration occasionally but nothing that will set a CEL apparently. They said it's normal on decel to some extent.

They charged me $400 for the plugs and a little bit of freon to get the AC to spec. Car works.. Runs great.

Only complaint is the exhaust... Not loud enough. Having catless LTH and the stock exhaust was loud. The Type-S made it race car loud.. Going to stock manifolds and the Type-S is soooo quiet! Deeper though, and not so raspy.

I wish it wouldn't have taken so long but I have to give the dealer credit. Was going to take it to the strip on Friday but they cancelled TNT...

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I assume the track is Wild Horse Pass?

Sad that they are closing, only been once. Managed to do a 360 on the strip.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
It is still misfiring on deceleration occasionally but nothing that will set a CEL apparently. They said it's normal on decel to some extent.
You running an A10? When I decel (using the paddle shifters) I get a single pop and then it seems to decel fine. Sometimes I get burble pops, sometimes I get just the pop.

Sponsored
OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I assume the track is Wild Horse Pass?

Sad that they are closing, only been once. Managed to do a 360 on the strip.
I would say that's talent if you didn't hit the wall :) I went sideways at 80 and came really close to it.. Scary.

Going on Saturday!

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I would say that's talent if you didn't hit the wall :) I went sideways at 80 and came really close to it.. Scary.

Going on Saturday!
It was mostly luck but I managed to not hit anything. First time on the track and I didn’t know when to do a burnout so I skipped it. I was spinning down the track but couldn’t tell, when I shifted to second it fully broke loose and turned me towards the wall.

My friend crashed his gt pretty bad their too. Silver 2022 gt, hit something mid track and slid to the next wall. Totaled the car.

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just more proof dealers suck, especially when it comes to diagnosing modified cars. Sorry you have to deal with that bud.
This

Moral of story=do your own work, don't trust any of the dealer thieves

OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
It was mostly luck but I managed to not hit anything. First time on the track and I didn’t know when to do a burnout so I skipped it. I was spinning down the track but couldn’t tell, when I shifted to second it fully broke loose and turned me towards the wall.

My friend crashed his gt pretty bad their too. Silver 2022 gt, hit something mid track and slid to the next wall. Totaled the car.
Pretty sure I saw that crash. Was it around July to September of 2022? If so that crash sketched me out and we left after that. Track prep was shit that night and I was a little gunshy at the track because I managed to lose control of the car with TC off when I was getting onto a freeway on ramp over the summer. Car shifted somewhere around 85mph and we went backwards off the onramp and then coasted perpendicular to the lanes back onto the freeway. Yup... I was THAT Mustang driver. Luckily I didn't hit anything or anyone.

This

Moral of story=do your own work, don't trust any of the dealer thieves
I've had the car back for a few weeks and all is well so I am not complaining about the cost because I didn't pay for it. Had this been on my dime I would have put a built motor in it. (or a local performance shop would have). And yeah.. The dealer gouged my insurance for labor. When I had the blower installed they charged me $90/hr. To replace the motor they charged 24 hours @ $240/hr. Took them a lot longer than 24 hours though. The good news is that the estimate was all my insurance would pay so I didn't have to worry about additional charges.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Pretty sure I saw that crash. Was it around July to September of 2022? If so that crash sketched me out and we left after that. Track prep was shit that night and I was a little gunshy at the track because I managed to lose control of the car with TC off when I was getting onto a freeway on ramp over the summer. Car shifted somewhere around 85mph and we went backwards off the onramp and then coasted perpendicular to the lanes back onto the freeway. Yup... I was THAT Mustang driver. Luckily I didn't hit anything or anyone.
July of last year. Luckily he only fractured his arm. Unfortunately, he thought his insurance would cover it (he has some special insurance since his family is military/police/healthcare) but the insurance didn't. So he is paying a shop to fix it. All the airbags went off, and the whole passenger side is damaged I think. Been at the shop for over half a year and they haven't done anything.

Sponsored