Sponsored

Pro tune for FBO - should I ask for anything special?

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
All of my performance upgrades have been ordered. The last piece of the puzzle will be the tune. I've been talking to Ryan at PD about that. This is what I've told him -

My goals for the car are -

1 - Reliable. I've read a bunch of EcoBoom posts. They range from stock to modified. Some people run 12s and never have a problem while others have a rod escape out of the side of the block without any mods. I'd like to keep the internals where they belong but I know anything can happen.

2 - With that said, I'm doing these upgrades for better performance. I mentioned being happy with low to mid-13s in my email last month. The parts list is a little longer now so I'm kind of hoping to see time slips that starts with 12 the few times the car goes to the track. The engine won't be spending all of it's life at redline. Most of the time will be normal driving and laying into it a little. Can it be tuned for quarter mile performance while feeling good where it will spend most of it's time in the low to mid-range?

He said there won't be a problem tuning for the track and street performance I'm looking for. I also asked about tuning the transmission. He can optimize the shift points but can’t touch the shift pressures until Cobb unlocks that option.

I've read some posts from people who have seen good results from transmission tuning (maybe a couple tenths?) so I think that will be beneficial. This is the first time having a Mustang tuned so I'm wondering if there is anything I don't know about that I should inquire about? Maybe setting the drive modes up a certain way or something else?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I just ran a 13.8 at 101 stock. That was in 1900 da and a horrible 2.17 60 ft. Your car is a mid 13 sec car stock if it's an auto. Mid to low 12's should not be difficult with all if your mods. The 10 speed is magic

OP
OP
Thatguy

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
That's a good run stock! Mine is an A10 but I think it might have a 1-2 tenth handicap because it's a heavier car (convertible).

Something else that I've seen but I can't find the link is the traction control can be changed so it's not as aggressive when it's on. That's something else I'd like to look into.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
So you have a Cobb Accessport, monitor OAR and knock on each piston, if OAR gets low or knock gets crazy (it WILL get negatives, but shouldn't be during hard pulls) then talk to your tuner.

Make sure you empty the catch can every couple of months so its not full.

Make sure you replace the sparks every 10-15k miles and change oil more often, if OAR drops and knock goes up with no other changes it can easily be sparks.

Make sure you have the updated low side fuel pressure sensor.

Also listen to what your tuner asks for, spark plug gaps, if you're running an O2 spacer on your downpipe, how to do the data logging they need, etc. etc.
Sponsored