Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
To the seller that’s 108k. I’d bet there not happy with the result.
Well if thats the case, the seller is either pretty dumb and not paying attention to the market, or is just desperate for the money and needed to get rid of it.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I may be wrong but I think Mecum is 5% to the seller if no reserve and 10% if theres a reserve

Well if thats the case, the seller is either pretty dumb and not paying attention to the market, or is just desperate for the money and needed to get rid of it.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
From Mecum Magazine last year.

Consignors do also have the option of selling at no reserve (absolute sale). At our auctions, these entries really do stand out and garner additional attention from bidders. They also benefit by receiving a reduced commission rate, as the standard 10% seller’s commission with a reserve is reduced to 6% for no-reserve entries.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From Mecum Magazine last year.

Consignors do also have the option of selling at no reserve (absolute sale). At our auctions, these entries really do stand out and garner additional attention from bidders. They also benefit by receiving a reduced commission rate, as the standard 10% seller’s commission with a reserve is reduced to 6% for no-reserve entries.
So if it was at no reserve and 6 percent, it hammered at $124,080. Which that number doesn't make sense. 5 percent would be $125,400. Do they bid in hundred dollar increments there?

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I thought it hammered for 120,000.
120,000 Plus buyer 10% fee of 12,000 =132,000 from buyer.
The seller fee of 6% of 120,000 =7200=112,800 to seller
The seller fee of 10% of 120,000=12,000=108,000 to seller

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
There is rumor of a new GT500. After that I believe no more ICE. That will be a mistake but, how will that affect ICE prices. Unless they can improve greatly on range, many people will be buying used.
Should be interesting. The value of the way a car makes you feel is going to be weighed. Voodoo..audibly, it’s hard to beat.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Should be interesting. The value of the way a car makes you feel is going to be weighed. Voodoo..audibly, it’s hard to beat.
If I go to the garage, the 500 usually gets the nod. Every now and then I'll take the 350s out for a spin. Fine cars, but, well.....

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Lets talk more long term value.

Last year around this time we saw the market really peak for these cars. Since then they have came down and remained stable. Most R's are still selling for over MSRP. The best result lately was in January on BaT. A black R with 18 miles sold for 106k.

I personally think the 7th Gen Mustang being ICE and still being offered in a manual hurt these cars value a little in the short term. Would have been a different story if they announced all electric.

The big questions are:

1. Will the 8th Gen Mustang going full electric?
2. Will there be a Shelby GT350 7th Gen Mustang?
- Will it have a new FPC engine? Voodoo Engine?
- Will it be a manual?
3. Will there be a Shelby GT500 7th Gen Mustang?
- Will it have a manual option?

The answer to these questions will determine the future values of our cars. If the GT350 ends up being the last ICE manual gearbox Shelby, then we can expect massive market jumps in the future.
Meh, doesn't matter when most are garage queens.

Sad part of the hobby is when owners worry more about it's dollar value, than enjoyment from driving it to the cars or drivers skill limits.
They might be worthless by 2035 but we can only assume what might happen or not. as it is a taboo topic .
Drive them and drive them hard, you may not wake up tomorrow. Tomorrow may never come. Duck tomorrow, right here, right now. Drive the wheels off um.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Meh, doesn't matter when most are garage queens.

Sad part of the hobby is when owners worry more about it's dollar value, than enjoyment from driving it to the cars or drivers skill limits.
They might be worthless by 2035 but we can only assume what might happen or not. as it is a taboo topic .
Drive them and drive them hard, you may not wake up tomorrow. Tomorrow may never come. Duck tomorrow, right here, right now. Drive the wheels off um.
This is a great mentality, but your not going to change anyone's mind by posting this kind of stuff. I do drive mine. Not all the time do I do push the car hard when I do. For a lot of us, we bought this car to enjoy driving but also in hopes that it will appreciate over time. What's better than getting to drive a car as it's going up in value? Others buy these cars for them to sit and never drive. It's 100 percent business. Which is fine. The collector car market is big and it's not going anywhere. I think this car has a bright future ahead in regards to that market, and that is the point of this thread.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
This is a great mentality, but your not going to change anyone's mind by posting this kind of stuff. I do drive mine. Not all the time do I do push the car hard when I do. For a lot of us, we bought this car to enjoy driving but also in hopes that it will appreciate over time. What's better than getting to drive a car as it's going up in value? Others buy these cars for them to sit and never drive. It's 100 percent business. Which is fine. The collector car market is big and it's not going anywhere. I think this car has a bright future ahead in regards to that market, and that is the point of this thread.
That is great and all, but Things don't always work out as planned, I carried a lot of caskets the last few years of family and friends . It changed my outlook on life and worrying about if putting miles on a vehicle will harm it's dollar value. or holding off using anything for that matter.
Like always YMMV.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
That is great and all, but Things don't always work out as planned, I carried a lot of caskets the last few years of family and friends . It changed my outlook on life and worrying about if putting miles on a vehicle will harm it's dollar value. or holding off using anything for that matter.
Like always YMMV.
I'll also add- as someone who has incurable cancer of the blood....doctors dont know if I am going to live another 5 years or another 25 (age 48 now) ...I have been living with this for 5 years now.....

If anything- it has given me the ability to really understand that tomorrow is not promised- whether its from my disease or I get hit by a bus ....

While I have appreciation for the people who save their cars for future generations to enjoy- well lets put it this way- I look at my car like I look at my girlfriends before I got married

Not once did I ever think about not touching my girlfriend to save her for future guys to enjoy.....I apply the same logic to my cars

If you are not going to drive it- there are better places to invest money - just saying.......

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I'll also add- as someone who has incurable cancer of the blood....doctors dont know if I am going to live another 5 years or another 25 (age 48 now) ...I have been living with this for 5 years now.....

If anything- it has given me the ability to really understand that tomorrow is not promised- whether its from my disease or I get hit by a bus ....

While I have appreciation for the people who save their cars for future generations to enjoy- well lets put it this way- I look at my car like I look at my girlfriends before I got married

Not once did I ever think about not touching my girlfriend to save her for future guys to enjoy.....I apply the same logic to my cars

If you are not going to drive it- there are better places to invest money - just saying.......
I agree with you. I bought mine to drive and just do my best to keep it nice. I think many people want to drive their cars but are worried about them or depreciation. Thats who this message is for. There is another set that are just interested in the preservation. I have a neighbor that is like this. He loves to restore antiques and preserve things for future generations. That gives him more pleasure than driving.

For those of us that enjoy the drive, we need to hear this message.

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2018 GT350SE, 2020 GT350 Heritage
I have never bought into the collector mindset of maintaining something in mint/unused condition. I have always been into cars, bikes and firearms since I was young. I have had my fair share of grail items and I've been fortunate to do some really cool things in my life. Stunts, racing, jobs, cool guy military stuff, etc... I have always said, "he who dies with the most stories wins". I don't want anyone saying at my funeral how clean my cars were under the covers. Drive them and make memories with your friends, family or just for your own sanity. This world is upside down enough these days and there is no trailer on the hearse. Nobody is saying drive outside of your limits or be reckless. Have some fun and take pictures while you can.... a few will clutch their pearls at the miles and others will think you're irresponsible with your money but all will be envious of the fun you're having. Do the shows, cars and coffee's, track days, Sunday drives and cross country adventures. I guarantee you will enjoy it more than any car value appreciation with today's ever diminishing dollar. Don't throw heavy things at me guys.... just my opinion.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I have never bought into the collector mindset of maintaining something in mint/unused condition. I have always been into cars, bikes and firearms since I was young. I have had my fair share of grail items and I've been fortunate to do some really cool things in my life. Stunts, racing, jobs, cool guy military stuff, etc... I have always said, "he who dies with the most stories wins". I don't want anyone saying at my funeral how clean my cars were under the covers. Drive them and make memories with your friends, family or just for your own sanity. This world is upside down enough these days and there is no trailer on the hearse. Nobody is saying drive outside of your limits or be reckless. Have some fun and take pictures while you can.... a few will clutch their pearls at the miles and others will think you're irresponsible with your money but all will be envious of the fun you're having. Do the shows, cars and coffee's, track days, Sunday drives and cross country adventures. I guarantee you will enjoy it more than any car value appreciation with today's ever diminishing dollar. Don't throw heavy things at me guys.... just my opinion.
In general those collectors that save a car, while many are enthusiasts tend to see cars from the investment perspective. But, they can drive what they want when they want. I do know a few hobbyists that save cars and honestly I dont understand,

Short story from a SAAC show years ago. Friend of mine has a 66 GT350 he still races. Carroll came by and admired his car an compliment him. There was another early GT3500 near by on a turn table with mirrors underneath of it. Carroll saw it and says something to the affect of. That's not why I built the damn things. Within an hour the GT350 was back on the ground minus any mirrors.
Sponsored