Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
There are people who can buy a GT350R but don't know the difference between there, their and they're - so nothing really surprises me these days.

Regarding BaT replies - it's absolutely hilarious to read how people are OK with replies there, as long as they fit their agenda (some people here couldn't write this sentence). So we have odd cheerleading comments AND even bids from people who don't actually intend on winning - and that's ok... but the second someone posts anything negative, they are wrong. I hope I never lose my objectivity to become a crumudgeny, small-minded waste of a human, like some certainly have.
Your point on: there, their and they're is a good point. Those particular grammatical
errors drive me crazy, to say the least.
I believe the word you were looking for was curmudgeonly?
Sponsored

Last edited:

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ‘19 GT350
Your point on: there, their and they're is a good point. Those particular grammatical
reeding, righting, an rithmetic are highly overrated. They were all optional when I was going through Albuquerque‘s Public School system.👨‍🎓

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I ignored spell check because I thought it was keying in on the odd use of the y on the end..(and that was intentional) but apparently I’ve never typed the word before lol. I hate getting dinged for spelling while I poke someone else for horrible grammar - thanks for that!! ;) ;)

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Shill bidding on the BaT platform? Really? Naaaaahhhh.... you don't say... Kind of like the same shill bidding that occurs on eBay and even in real live auctions?

LMFAO... who would have put 2 and 2 together to finally figure BaT bidding is shilled .... I've said that from the start. It's just like eBay, you can search on "completed" auctions - then see that the same damn car is eventually listed over and over and over - even when the "final" price is so high to believe, they just want more...

BaT is the online version of Barrett Jackson - bids blown out of proportion - not just on S550's, but across the board for ANY vehicle recently. Subaru’s in excess of $100k? FJ40’s in excess of $100K? Or someone bidding a Fox Mustang Saleen over the $200k mark? I mean c'mon folks, there's real and then there’s insanity BS....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Shill bidding on the BaT platform? Really? Naaaaahhhh.... you don't say... Kind of like the same shill bidding that occurs on eBay and even in real live auctions?

LMFAO... who would have put 2 and 2 together to finally figure BaT bidding is shilled .... I've said that from the start. It's just like eBay, you can search on "completed" auctions - then see that the same damn car is eventually listed over and over and over - even when the "final" price is so high to believe, they just want more...

BaT is the online version of Barrett Jackson - bids blown out of proportion - not just on S550's, but across the board for ANY vehicle recently. Subaru’s in excess of $100k? FJ40’s in excess of $100K? Or someone bidding a Fox Mustang Saleen over the $200k mark? I mean c'mon folks, there's real and then there’s insanity BS....
Shill bidding or not, someone still needs to decide that the car is worth the money to them in order for the sale to go through. We are going through hyper inflation plus the cars that many of us love are supposed to become illegal to produce.

It's a perfect storm for high used prices.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP

Come on it is the Holy Grail of Market Values!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What would you consider a fair price for it?
Whatever the market will bear. I think as a seller you are better off starting high and seeing what happens. If someone buys, great!

You can always come down in price if necessary. It would suck if you put a price up and immediately get 30 people trying to buy. It means your price wasn't high enough.

Sponsored

SRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Viper, '21 M2 Competition, '22 S1000RR
Just curious…

I saw in one of the FB groups, a dealer named JFK Auto is selling a 13 mile 2020 GT350R for $150k. Dont Know if that’s where the market is for the cars but it’s the highest price I’ve seen. But it is pretty much new. What would you consider a fair price for it?

https://jfk-auto.com/product/2020-shelby-gt350r-shadow-black-stripe-delete-12-miles/

Lol, they have a Viper ACR with 8 miles thats almost $500k. While I do think the Viper will get there one day, just not yet. Although that color and 8 miles would be a great collectible.

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
$120K would be my top if i were in love with a black car….

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Part of me wants to think these guys have an “Auto Sales” business tax write-off and putting astronomical prices on these cars is a way to collect them, write-off all associated expenses, including the warehouse that stores them, and still say they’re technically for sale.