Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Interesting that the jfkauto and irocz users both bid on stuff alllll over the place, and a lot of HEP cars, but they never win anything. I think that's shilling, at best. Am I reading that right?
They're probably just trying to get the cars at a value they can make a good profit on. That Race Red 2020 you called out a couple weeks ago at a good price....guess who bought it? That JFKAuto is one of the biggest flippers out there for R models. With the prices high right now, these are the type of buyers currently trying to pick these cars up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
If Iā€™m interested in a car, Iā€™ll bidā€¦ my bid, my choiceā€¦

Never knew there were bid regulators. šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
1650035175182.png

I guess if you're just hoping beyond hope that you can snake a car at a good price... but almost 300 bids and 1 win (possibly accidental! lol) seems too hopeful.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
They're probably just trying to get the cars at a value they can make a good profit on. That Race Red 2020 you called out a couple week ago at a good price....guess who bought it? That JFKAuto is one of the biggest flippers out there for R models. With the prices these cars are currently at, these are the majority of buyers trying to pick them up.
JFKauto offers cars at an incredibly high price, he would benefit by just bidding on cars to pump them but with little intention of achieving a buy. I think some pumping is going on...but again, does it really matter? I don't know.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I use gunbroker to pick up firearms at a good priceā€¦.sometimes.
The difference is there are many more guns for sale at any given time than sought after collector cars on auction sites.
The process of intentional jacking up the price is very hard to regulateā€¦.mark my words, it does happen in on line auctions as well as face to face auctions.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I use gunbroker to pick up firearms at a good priceā€¦.sometimes.
The difference is there are many more guns for sale at any given time than sought after collector cars on auction sites.
The process of intentional jacking up the price is very hard to regulateā€¦.mark my words, it does happen in on line auctions as well as face to face auctions.
Yeah and it comes down to - does it matter. I think it kinda does matter - as people are possibly trying to influence the overall outcome without actually winning/paying for the car. Makes them a little bit of a hypocrite, IF that's the case...because they are saying that they want the price to go up, but they, themselves aren't even willing to pay that higher price for another one, so they don't actually agree with the value - they just want it to be high for personal/selfish reasons.

Then of course, you will have people who will say this isn't a problem or concern at all - and those are the ones you need to watch. I want the prices to go up too - so I shouldn't be complaining....as they bid on every GT350R it seems....but this is a forum for car conversation, so there it is.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
I guess drive up bids are possible, but they seem dangerous. I wouldnā€™t be concerned if thatā€™s possible unless you see a number of cars on their history that they won and didnā€™t pay for. Iā€™ve seen on the BaT history where if a car is listed numerous times, they show a history of those transactions. I saw a ZR1 that was sold in November, then sold again in Jan. The Jan auction showed that the seller did not have the funds in the end to purchase the car, which could happen once or twice, but if itā€™s happening a lot, that would be a problem.

I think the more likely thing today is inflation. After all, the number of 600K MSRP SVJ Lambos listed for $1M is crazy. Also, the number of ZR1 Vettes and Vipers selling for over 200K is also nuts. Even older generations of those cars are selling for 2X what they did a year ago. Two years ago those cars were all selling for 40-50% less than they are now.

I donā€™t know.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
If a dude places a bid for $110k during the auction of a car that later sells for $166k, after two bidders (excluding bidder that placed a $110k) get into a bid-warā€¦ how is the guy who placed a $110k bid schilling?

Man thatā€™s stretching the hell outta some conjecture.

Or, maybe, just maybe, someone is just too caught up in conspiracy.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I guess drive up bids are possible, but they seem dangerous. I wouldnā€™t be concerned if thatā€™s possible unless you see a number of cars on their history that they won and didnā€™t pay for. Iā€™ve seen on the BaT history where if a car is listed numerous times, they show a history of those transactions. I saw a ZR1 that was sold in November, then sold again in Jan. The Jan auction showed that the seller did not have the funds in the end to purchase the car, which could happen once or twice, but if itā€™s happening a lot, that would be a problem.

I think the more likely thing today is inflation. After all, the number of 600K MSRP SVJ Lambos listed for $1M is crazy. Also, the number of ZR1 Vettes and Vipers selling for over 200K is also nuts. Even older generations of those cars are selling for 2X what they did a year ago. Two years ago those cars were all selling for 40-50% less than they are now.

I donā€™t know.
Bidding up in the middle with intentions "not" to win the auction seems pretty disingenuous and slightly impactful. Note those guys typically stop WELL short of the danger zone of winning. Maybe just a "look at me, I'm involved in this" move, too. Who knows but it's not a great look.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bidding up in the middle with intentions "not" to win the auction seems pretty disingenuous and slightly impactful. Note those guys typically stop WELL short of the danger zone of winning. Maybe just a "look at me, I'm involved in this" move, too. Who knows but it's not a great look.
Thatā€™s possible. Some people are just posers, that are either fake bidding or hoping to steal something within their smaller budget, but some people are also dealers hoping to buy it at a lower than standard price and selling it for the ā€œmarketā€ price later. Based on current pricing, whoever bought the last one for 135K got a hell of a deal, if they have enough elbow grease or pay someone cheap that does, they can pull some of those suspension pieces, restore them before corrosion sets in, and either turn it for a good profit or keep it for what now seems like a 35K discountā€¦

Sponsored

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because, after all, that surface rust on the tie rods and slight pitting on the A arms wonā€™t show up on the carfax.

Unlike my 2015 Shelby GT350 where some cleaning lady for my neighbor crashes into my garage across the street, but doesnā€™t hit my car, but the dumb ass cop that filled out the report of the accident puts my 2015 GT350ā€™s VIN on the report because, in his words, ā€œI have to make an inventory of all the contents of the garage in case something goes missing before you get the wall rebuilt,ā€ and submits it to carfax 2 years later, which dings my car as having been in an accident with ā€œmoderate damage,ā€ rendering the 2015 GT350 ā€œcollectably worthlessā€ according to appraisersā€¦

(I understand thatā€™s the longest run-on sentence in the world, but itā€™s still a sore subject and the fact that companies like Carfax have no ability for an owner to dispute a report, even if they have pictures of the incident, but they can render a car valueless, itā€™s just depressingā€¦)

My 2015 still has all of the plastic on it and all factory markings. I never even installed the rear license plate, so those holes havenā€™t even been punctured, but now, this one of 50 2015 Track Pack GT350ā€™s will not be of interest to any collector because of Carfax. I despise carfax. Why canā€™t Elon buy that and fix it?

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Because, after all, that surface rust on the tie rods and slight pitting on the A arms wonā€™t show up on the carfax.

Unlike my 2015 Shelby GT350 where some cleaning lady for my neighbor crashes into my garage across the street, but doesnā€™t hit my car, but the dumb ass cop that filled out the report of the accident puts my 2015 GT350ā€™s VIN on the report because, in his words, ā€œI have to make an inventory of all the contents of the garage in case something goes missing before you get the wall rebuilt,ā€ and submits it to carfax 2 years later, which dings my car as having been in an accident with ā€œmoderate damage,ā€ rendering the 2015 GT350 ā€œcollectably worthlessā€ according to appraisersā€¦

(I understand thatā€™s the longest run-on sentence in the world, but itā€™s still a sore subject and the fact that companies like Carfax have no ability for an owner to dispute a report, even if they have pictures of the incident, but they can render a car valueless, itā€™s just depressingā€¦)

My 2015 still has all of the plastic on it and all factory markings. I never even installed the rear license plate, so those holes havenā€™t even been punctured, but now, this one of 50 2015 Track Pack GT350ā€™s will not be of interest to any collector because of Carfax. I despise carfax. Why canā€™t Elon buy that and fix it?
Unfortunately Carfax has really turned into a scam in the last few years and we all know how drastically it affects the value of our vehicles. A member of the raptor forum Iā€™m on had a similar situation where Carfax reported fake damage it took a while but he ultimately got it resolved.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/ford-carfaxs-awful-policy-be-aware.83060/

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

If you want to sell that worthless, wrecked 2015 / Iā€™ll give you msrp for it :)

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP

I mean that would be a killer BAT add! Might fetch more cause of the great story. :)

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You spend to much time worrying about what others are buying, what they paid, what they sold it for, who sold it, who bid on it,,,,,,,,,,,, For fxcks sakeā€¦.:rain:

Sponsored