Prices are on the rise......

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
they started with NOT shooting themselves in the foot multiple times with a shotgun under the delusion "do it different" had redeeming value.

"listening to marketing" has ruined many an engineering effort and resultant product.
I don’t know if you’re referring to the unique firing order of the Voodoo, but if so, I agree. Trying to make a FPC sound like a CPC seemed to introduce undesirable NVH characteristics for the benefit of aesthetics, as I learned from watching (start at 15:36).
Sponsored

rivero92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ariel
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 AMB GT500, 1996 KN6 R33 GTR
I'm with you on this one. I have complete respect for anyone's taste and emotional connection to a car, it's history or personal experience. I didn't even consider an HEP when I was looking for mine - since I wasn't interested in a "collectable" or "investment" but rather something I liked and enjoyed driving. To ME the HEP's (no disrespect intended) were little more than a $2,000 sticker package on a different shade of bathtub white. I certainly understand the appeal that it holds for some, I just don't share it.

I do think it's great that these cars are hitting such lofty prices! I'm not surprised that we're seeing some of these prices, just surprised that it's so soon after they stopped production. If nothing else, it brings much deserved attention to a really special vehicle - no matter what the color! It certainly doesn't hurt that BAT prices on many cars have gone nuts over the past couple years. Almost like the real estate market. I think it's likely to cool off for all but the most desirable, low mileage examples in the years to come.
The premiums on the HEPRs is great but it ruins the drivability aspect of it as at these prices, it's not fun to put miles on it and enjoy for what it actually is due to depreciation.

If I owned a HEPR, I'd need a second Gt350/R to drive worry free.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
What strike’s me the most about all this conjecture… Page after page about the HEPR’s and how there this or that, not worth that, stickers, blah blah blah, insert more bs here. For a car that soo many say has no appeal to them, they sure can’t keep there comments from flowing. Lmao.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Completely agree. :dance:

The premiums on the HEPRs is great but it ruins the drivability aspect of it as at these prices, it's not fun to put miles on it and enjoy for what it actually is due to depreciation.

If I owned a HEPR, I'd need a second Gt350/R to drive worry free.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What strike’s me the most about all this conjecture… Page after page about the HEPR’s and how there this or that, not worth that, stickers, blah blah blah, insert more bs here. For a car that soo many say has no appeal to them, they sure can’t keep there comments from flowing. Lmao.
It has appeal, it is a model that pays tribute to the GT350. The whole lopsided market and pricing is really the point of discussion. There is nothing wrong with the HEP. It is a package that pays tribute to the heritage, which stands for something.

I've been saying that all along, but the huge disparity in the market certainly is worth discussion.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
It‘s been beat to death. It is what it is.

It has appeal, it is a model that pays tribute to the GT350. The whole lopsided market and pricing is really the point of discussion. There is nothing wrong with the HEP. It is a package that pays tribute to the heritage, which stands for something.

I've been saying that all along, but the huge disparity in the market certainly is worth discussion.

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I have no problem with the HEP package, I just prefer other colors over it. I get why they would be desirable to collectors as it's the only "heritage edition package" they've done for this generation GT350. It seems like the current Ford GT has a new one every model year. Personally though, I just don't think they are worth 170K. You can say well the current market says they are, but I just don't see this inflated market lasting. I've noticed the majority of current buyers, especially on BaT, are a different buyer than the majority of owners were on this site. How many current GT350R owners on here would pay 170K for one, I bet hardly any. When I had my car on order in 2020 and we were all tracking the builds, it was a fun time on here because we were all excited to get our cars and drive them. Now some people are afraid to actually put any miles on them. I'm not saying you should be putting on 10-15K a year, but I saw a comment on BaT a couple months ago where some guy called out a 2020 with 3K miles on it for having high mileage and questioned if it had been tracked, etc. Mine is not a daily driver so I put about 2-3K a year on it but to most of these current buyers dictating the market, my car would be worn out already! I just don't like that mentality.

Last edited:

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Also, I want to give props to the OG GT350 owners on here that still have and enjoy them. Respect.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The really crazy thing to me is paying 100K+ for a car that has the same fit and finish, materials quality, paint job etc. and that is built in the same factory by the same people as a 27K Ecoboost :giggle:

For the original 60-75K that these cars cost new that is still a steal given the engine and performance. But man once you get north of the 100K threshold those panel gaps and interior materials start to look pretty sketchy.

Sponsored

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I've noticed the majority of current buyers, especially on BaT, are a different buyer than the majority of owners were on this site.
One of the factors that makes this car special, and IMO one of the reasons they are commanding the prices we see is the 350/350R has transcended the typical Ford loyalist. You have car guys from other brands (Porsche etc), and those who have high dollar collections seeking these cars out.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I've noticed lately that the prices of R's have gone up a ton and GT350 prices are rising too. Might want to get one soon before they become crazy priced!

The GT350 and GT350R deserve the rising prices. Manual transmission only and tons of fun power. This is definitely an enthusiast vehicle that we will always remember from the S550 generation. I know my regular 2016 will never be collectable but I am definitely happy to see the GT350s go up in value.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The GT350 and GT350R deserve the rising prices. Manual transmission only and tons of fun power. This is definitely an enthusiast vehicle that we will always remember from the S550 generation. I know my regular 2016 will never be collectable but I am definitely happy to see the GT250s go up in value.
I wouldn't go that far, just less lucrative. Have you seen the prices of low-mile Fox body 5.0s lately?

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
One of the factors that makes this car special, and IMO one of the reasons they are commanding the prices we see is the 350/350R has transcended the typical Ford loyalist. You have car guys from other brands (Porsche etc), and those who have high dollar collections seeking these cars out.
I feel like this car has been bringing in other brand loyalist since day 1. That's probably why they were so hard to get an allocation for early on...because everybody wanted one. Even in early 2020 it was difficult to find an R allocation. Now I think the majority of current R buyers are looking at them as an investment and a lot of those guys bidding on BaT, didn't even seem too familiar with the car. To them, it's like what's the current "hot stock" to buy right now. I guess it is what it is.

This is why I mentioned earlier that it's nice to see some of the older M6G members on here that still own and use their GT350. Or even those who had one in the early days, and got back into one. I've wanted one since they came out, but I just wasn't in a position to buy one up until 2 years ago. Just being a member on here, I learned a lot from these guys through their experience with the car. This is what makes this site the best for 350 owners imho.
Sponsored