Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Im glad I secured my GT350R before prices went nuts. Now im in the hunt for a GT500 to go next to it. Im sure people will scoop up GT500 heritage cars in anticipation of the same thing happening.

thumbnail_IMG_7121.jpg
Yeah. I could have got a 2020 Kona Blue GT350 at invoice back in April 2020 but went with a new 2020 Raptor at invoice. Sometimes I regret my choice but everytime I drive the Raptor I don't. I am looking for a used GT350 now and the prices are 30% more here.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
For reference a friend of mine has a 2019 C7 Corvette ZR1 with only delivery miles and has been offered $400,000. Also relevant to the value is color and transmission, and other options - details which I will not go into here so there won't be a debate contest like so often happens. Just food for thought.

Although substantial differences with an R, there is also substantial commonality from a collectability perspective - a discussion I will not get into here as there are too many naysayers and know-it-alls, both frequently know-nothings found on any forum. Quite a few commentators know the technical aspects but very, very few know the aesthetic aspects, just as important. Way too difficult and aggravating to resolve.
You know - that was almosta whole paragraph about how you aren't going to get into it...

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
"DrumReaper, post: 3506973, member: 15817"]
Oh my, it must be an automatic. :crackup:

No way.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
You know - that was almosta whole paragraph about how you aren't going to get into it...
Discussing the aesthetic aspects would require a lot more than a paragraph as many do not get it. That's why so few people end up buying the right cars .Why don't you describe the aesthetic aspects I inferred in less than a paragraph. I always appreciate being educated.

To make a long story short I tried like crazy to get a close relative to by a Cobra Daytona coupe for $27K in the early 1970's Everyone thought I was nuts. I predicted then it would be worth a fortune. Now it's $40+ million. Interested in how you view that one. Predicted other lesser cars with a similar result. See my avatar.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
there is a non R, 2019, with 4k miles near me at a dealer for 70k.....

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Discussing the aesthetic aspects would require a lot more than a paragraph as many do not get it. That's why so few people end up buying the right cars .Why don't you describe the aesthetic aspects I inferred in less than a paragraph. I always appreciate being educated.

To make a long story short I tried like crazy to get a close relative to by a Cobra Daytona coupe for $27K in the early 1970's Everyone thought I was nuts. I predicted then it would be worth a fortune. Now it's $40+ million. Interested in how you view that one. Predicted other lesser cars with a similar result. See my avatar.
Simply saying you said a lot without saying anything - not even what you weren't going to talk about...just that you weren't going to talk about it. Left me confused. Now you've actually said something, bravo.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Some of us up north are lacking warm weather and oil filters :-)
I had a bunch, and I offered them up to our senior members. The ones I sold (at cost) are gone. Sorry. I have a spare for you since I know you well if that is what is keeping you from driving. Promise to replace it and its yours.

Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I just activated my Insurace. Oil filter in hand. Oil changed scheduled for 10am tomorrow. Praying for decent driving conditions no matter that the weather man says.

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
Some of us up north are lacking warm weather and oil filters :-)
My advice about tracking would be to get a dedicated track car that you would have no problem walking away from if you ball it up........ if you have that kind relationship with your R, more power to you brother!! Plus driving a slow car fast takes more talent than to drive a fast car slow.....
Good luck Doc! :)

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My advice about tracking would be to get a dedicated track car that you would have no problem walking away from if you ball it up........ if you have that kind relationship with your R, more power to you brother!! Plus driving a slow car fast takes more talent than to drive a fast car slow.....
Good luck Doc! :)
Or drive a fast car fast. Its a piece of steel, an object.

People F cars up all the time. The car is an object and if it is damaged doing what you like to do, oh well. Thats the thing about tracking, you have fun with the machine you feel connected to. This talk about buying a slow car and driving it fast is nuts. If you are afraid to take your R on the track, then I'd suggest keeping it locked up in the garage.

I had a good time driving my R today, and I had a great time the last time it was on the track. Let me see if I can find some photos.....
Sponsored

Last edited: