Prices are on the rise......

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
This thread is sad for two reasons. One, many of you are turning your GT350Rs into garage queens in hopes of replicating @BostonDMD’s big win. Second, I own a 2019 GT350 instead of a 2020 GT350R Heritage, so I will have to continue working for my money. 🎻
Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
This thread is sad for two reasons. One, many of you are turning your GT350Rs into garage queens in hopes of replicating @BostonDMD’s big win. Second, I own a 2019 GT350 instead of a 2020 GT350R Heritage, so I will have to continue working for my money. 🎻
Who has said they're not driving their R anymore due to prices, except for HEP R LR001 guy (can you blame him)?

The 172k record HEP R car had 3,600 miles man. It was being driven.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Mr. Mamoomba, You’re better off than me. I own an even less desirable 2017 model.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Who has said they're not driving their R anymore due to prices, except for HEP R LR001 guy (can you blame him)?

IMHO 3600 miles on a two-year-old car is not being “driven”.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP

Literally people in this thread....lol. But their care their problems. :)

Sponsored

rr6237

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The key for a 1099 for BAT is if they handle the transfer of funds. Since they don’t, there out of the IRS loop. On a private party sale a 1099 is not needed. A business is obligated on amounts over $600 to individuals, but does not have to issue if payments are to an LLC or S Corp. If your a business and want to pay cash, do it out of petty cash. The trick to capital gains is seasoning the asset 12 months and a day. This is the abbreviated version.
Please read the following article. The same holds true for other sites like Etsy and Gunbr0ker dot com. This changed as of Jan 1, 2022. I believe Etsy also handles the transfer of funds. .

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/2022-changes-to-ebay-and-your-1099-k.html

As always, consult your tax professional and not the internet.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Yeah I don't understand this. Not being driven is is a wrapper car with no miles or something with a couple hundred miles. A car someone takes out once or twice a year. Of course most R owners are not daily driving them or taking them on long driving trips.

3,600 miles is 150 miles a month. That would mean taking it out at least once to twice a week. This is typically what I do.

In 10 years and at this continued pace, the car would have 18,000 miles. In 20 years - 36,000. 40 years - 72,000. How is that not being driven? Not everyone needs to drive their car 10,000+ a year to enjoy them. Not everyone cares about future values on their cars. But if you do, and if you can drive them a couple times a week and still enjoy the car, all while keeping the mileage down along with maintenance costs, then what's wrong with that?

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
I hope you’ve got that thing insured for that 250K+.
I remember when you got that car. It just happened right? No special order or knowing someone.
Yes, it was purely by chance. I had been waiting to order one in case my local dealer received an allocation but people started commenting that they were going to close the order books soon on them.

It was strange because my local dealer received 3 regular GT350 allocations, 3 GT500 Allocations, and one GT500 Golden Ticket, but no GT350R's for 2020. So one day I called my buddy who's family owns the dealership and told him I'd have to start calling around and see if any dealers had any unconfigured allocations and he said I don't blame you man.

I called around and found one dealer in New Orleans that had an unconfigured allocation for a 2020 GT350R and asked the Sales guy if I could get it. He asked the GM and the GM said yes, but it was the end of the day Wednesday, and the Sales Guy I talked to said he was off Thursday so come in Friday to do the order. I asked if he wanted a deposit and he said no need, I was good. (The Dealer was Don Bohn Ford in New Orleans. Super nice people.)

So I came here and started reading the forums looking for pics to see what else may be special aside from the unique exterior paint colors for the Heritage Package. While I was going through the forums, I saw a bunch of posts with people crying about ADM's and posting links to dealers "ripping people off." I went through some of those hoping these dealers posted interior shots of the cars.

One of the links was posted by someone saying, "Look at this crappy dealership in the middle of nowhere Missouri, trying to get 15K markup on a GT350R just because it's got the Heritage Package." This was at 10 PM Central US Time so I clicked the link and went through the pics until I got to the last one... That was the picture of the Serial Number. My heart stopped and I've never looked for that Chat/Leave a Message button so fast on a website before. I left a message and asked them to call me back if the car was still for sale. The next morning the Internet Sales Manager called me at 7:30 AM and confirmed they still had it so I gave them a deposit and borrowed a buddy of mine's enclosed car trailer and drove 10 hours straight to pick it up.

The dealership was amazing. They were Lutesville Ford in Marble Hill, Missouri. They actually came down $1,000 on the price in the end for me, and didn't have any paperwork fees on the sale of the car. The sales guy that I worked with was named Lonnie Choate and he has been wonderful even after the sale. He called me on the 1 year anniversary of the purchase to make sure everything was ok and to see if I still had the car. I told him I did and I absolutely LOVE it.

I got the impression that they typically do not sell vehicles over MSRP regularly and, honestly, I know they could have gotten a lot more for it than I paid them. Lonnie told me after he talked to me, they had four other people from across the country call asking to purchase the car and he said that no matter what they offered, it was mine because we had already made a deal even though I didn't sign the papers yet.

It's so hard to find people with the integrity of the people at Lutesville Ford. If I didn't live 10 hours away from them, I'd buy more from them. In a time where so many people have such a negative opinion of the US, those people represent everything great about America. I have never removed their keychain off the keys they gave me and I never will. They are as much a part of the story of this car than I will be.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I hate to be a liar, but when I got up this morning, I went outside and it was perfect out, so I checked the weather and the high today is 71 with no chance of rain, so I drove it to work. (oh, and the mileage is about 650. I didn't realize I had broken 600 miles yet!) The car is just SO PERFECT!

I swap between three vehicles on a regular basis, my 2021 Raptor 37 Package, my 2021 Mach-e GT Performance Edition, and my 2021 GLE AMG 63S. They are all amazing for their own reasons, but the 2020 GT350R is driving perfection! If I had the room, I'd buy another 2019-2020 GT350R and drive it all the time, unfortunately it isn't super practical.

IMG_8121.jpg

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but that depends on a lot of things. My office is 2 miles away from my house. I had a 2015 BMW i8 for three years. It's the only car I ever leased because I read some things about hybrids being depreciation and maintenance nightmares and I just wanted to drive it. I drove it every day I could, unless I had to go somewhere and haul things in my truck, and I only managed to put 14,000 miles on it in three years. During that time, I drove it on a few long road trips as well. One trip was 1,200 both ways, so if you live close to work, it's hard to put mileage on a car even if you drive it regularly. If you have small kids that you enjoy spending time with, it's even harder to put mileage on a GT350R with the lack of back seats...

Sponsored

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
I was driving my HEP R when I could and I amassed about 2600 miles in a year. I also fall for the value proposition with the auction values trending up and now it stays in the garage more than I expected. I know it is not a bad situation to be in but I did buy the car to drive and now I feel I cheat myself by not driving it to keep the miles low. The fact that @BostonDMD set a record with 3600 miles made it worse. I know some people say just drive it but these things are getting close to six figures above purchase price and to me it is no longer a toy but an investment.

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it was purely by chance. I had been waiting to order one in case my local dealer received an allocation but people started commenting that they were going to close the order books soon on them.

It was strange because my local dealer received 3 regular GT350 allocations, 3 GT500 Allocations, and one GT500 Golden Ticket, but no GT350R's for 2020. So one day I called my buddy who's family owns the dealership and told him I'd have to start calling around and see if any dealers had any unconfigured allocations and he said I don't blame you man.

I called around and found one dealer in New Orleans that had an unconfigured allocation for a 2020 GT350R and asked the Sales guy if I could get it. He asked the GM and the GM said yes, but it was the end of the day Wednesday, and the Sales Guy I talked to said he was off Thursday so come in Friday to do the order. I asked if he wanted a deposit and he said no need, I was good. (The Dealer was Don Bohn Ford in New Orleans. Super nice people.)

So I came here and started reading the forums looking for pics to see what else may be special aside from the unique exterior paint colors for the Heritage Package. While I was going through the forums, I saw a bunch of posts with people crying about ADM's and posting links to dealers "ripping people off." I went through some of those hoping these dealers posted interior shots of the cars.

One of the links was posted by someone saying, "Look at this crappy dealership in the middle of nowhere Missouri, trying to get 15K markup on a GT350R just because it's got the Heritage Package." This was at 10 PM Central US Time so I clicked the link and went through the pics until I got to the last one... That was the picture of the Serial Number. My heart stopped and I've never looked for that Chat/Leave a Message button so fast on a website before. I left a message and asked them to call me back if the car was still for sale. The next morning the Internet Sales Manager called me at 7:30 AM and confirmed they still had it so I gave them a deposit and borrowed a buddy of mine's enclosed car trailer and drove 10 hours straight to pick it up.

The dealership was amazing. They were Lutesville Ford in Marble Hill, Missouri. They actually came down $1,000 on the price in the end for me, and didn't have any paperwork fees on the sale of the car. The sales guy that I worked with was named Lonnie Choate and he has been wonderful even after the sale. He called me on the 1 year anniversary of the purchase to make sure everything was ok and to see if I still had the car. I told him I did and I absolutely LOVE it.

I got the impression that they typically do not sell vehicles over MSRP regularly and, honestly, I know they could have gotten a lot more for it than I paid them. Lonnie told me after he talked to me, they had four other people from across the country call asking to purchase the car and he said that no matter what they offered, it was mine because we had already made a deal even though I didn't sign the papers yet.

It's so hard to find people with the integrity of the people at Lutesville Ford. If I didn't live 10 hours away from them, I'd buy more from them. In a time where so many people have such a negative opinion of the US, those people represent everything great about America. I have never removed their keychain off the keys they gave me and I never will. They are as much a part of the story of this car than I will be.
Sounds like they would be worth the 10 trip after your experience. I am pretty when I feel treated right. Yes it is getting harder to find down to earth dealers looking for long term customers. People that buy Shelby’s tend to buy a few more fords than most people. The dealership I have dealt with for years with no ADM just put one on a GT500 HE CFTP on I just ordered for their 1 allotment. Kind of made me mad so I called around and most of the dealerships want 20-30k ADM for that car and I have not encountered an MSRP deal yet that wasn’t already spoken for.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I am at 11K miles on my 19 R - does that count? : )

It has rock chips- front lip is scraped up- front bumper drilled for license plate...definitely not perfect- I think it would be interesting to see what my car would pull on BAT vs these low mileage examples... 60K? 70k? 80k?
12837.jpeg
20210918_112714.jpg

20211113_153636.jpg

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I am at 11K miles on my 19 R - does that count? : )

It has rock chips- front lip is scraped up- front bumper drilled for license plate...definitely not perfect- I think it would be interesting to see what my car would pull on BAT vs these low mileage examples... 60K? 70k? 80k?
12837.jpeg
20210918_112714.jpg

20211113_153636.jpg
Cheapest 19R I could find on auto trader was 72k with 11.5k miles.
Sponsored