Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I summarize it all as you have to pay to play. I bought this car as a toy and will enjoy it as such until it's no longer economic feasible. As long as I feel like I'm getting ROI on enjoyment from it that's all that matters. If they tax me 20k a year starting next year I'll sell it and built something more reasonable.

But the minute I Start looking at the gas bill when I put gas in it....slippery slope.

Life is short....I have incurable bone marrow cancer and just spent a week in the hospital with covid pneumonia.

Enjoy these great toys. To me they are a bargain vs the enjoyment I get out of them

Other cars are faster but none provide the pure driving enjoyment of the gt350 dollar for dollar
I'm very sorry to hear your bone cancer is incurable. Your perfect perspective is perfectly appreciated.

Wishing you the very best of luck!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very sorry to hear your bone cancer is incurable. Your perfect perspective is perfectly appreciated.

Wishing you the very best of luck!
Seconded, his sentiment. enjoy the things that make you happy and dont even think twice.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Really hate the aftermarket stuff. Odd that the seller would not return the car to original spec before putting it in auction. Love to see that the car has been driven though. Going to be interesting to see what she brings in. One with no miles went for 161k on BaT. And another with 1,300 miles went for 140k on Cars&Bids. I'm going to guess with the added miles and weird mods this one goes for 130k.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I was the same on the mods. Reading the comments the owner has a 65/350 clone as well. I thought it was hilarious some said it had a lot of miles. Lmao. Be curious where it ends.

Really hate the aftermarket stuff. Odd that the seller would not return the car to original spec before putting it in auction. Love to see that the car has been driven though. Going to be interesting to see what she brings in. One with no miles went for 161k on BaT. And another with 1,300 miles went for 140k on Cars&Bids. I'm going to guess with the added miles and weird mods this one goes for 130k.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
People that have that type of disposable income are seldom, ā€œmoronsā€. Nor do they just throw money around without a risk rewards thought process. Iā€™m betting the original purchaser paid an adm to buy the car. Which side of the intelligence slide are they on.

" Offering for sale because my priorities changed at the moment. "

Lol, mine would too if I found a moron to pay $100k more than I paid.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
People that have that type of disposable income are seldom, ā€œmoronsā€. Nor do they just throw money around without a risk rewards thought process. Iā€™m betting the original purchaser paid an adm to buy the car. Which side of the intelligence slide are they on.
I realize my comment seemed obtuse but I assure you, having money is frequently not a good measure of intelligence. There truly is an ass for every seat ;)

Sponsored

astronaut45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Mach 1
The crazy part of these "investors" buying these R's now for 130k-150k is that they already missed the boat on 60k worth of appreciation. Do we really think these things are going to get to 200k even if you hold it for 10 years without driving it? At this point it's just not a smart investment. You'll probably be able to get your money back, but the goal of investing is not just to break even. And that doesn't account for cost of ownership and storage. A good comparison for me are the 2005-06 Ford GTs, their prices jumped like crazy from MSRP initially, but have established a remarkably stable market since then. Anyone buying a GT from about 2008 on has not been in a position to turn much of a profit compared to the cash on hand required to play until our recent inflation explosion. So I would have had to hold an asset for 13 years with minimal growth waiting for this bonkers economy to make money. Not worth it.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Lol right? I have 5,106 miles on my 20 R. Those guys probably wouldn't even bid on my "high mileage" R. Oh well, I bought it to enjoy it. šŸ‘

Im at 11K miles on my R now- they would think my car is ready for the junk yard with so many miles lol

1.8t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
The crazy part of these "investors" buying these R's now for 130k-150k is that they already missed the boat on 60k worth of appreciation. Do we really think these things are going to get to 200k even if you hold it for 10 years without driving it? At this point it's just not a smart investment. You'll probably be able to get your money back, but the goal of investing is not just to break even. And that doesn't account for cost of ownership and storage. A good comparison for me are the 2005-06 Ford GTs, their prices jumped like crazy from MSRP initially, but have established a remarkably stable market since then. Anyone buying a GT from about 2008 on has not been in a position to turn much of a profit compared to the cash on hand required to play until our recent inflation explosion. So I would have had to hold an asset for 13 years with minimal growth waiting for this bonkers economy to make money. Not worth it.
I wonder to what degree the people paying these prices are investing or simply trying to accumulate the best examples of ICE due to the extinction event everyone is expecting from EVā€™s. I specifically went after my R for the latter because there will never be another Voodoo and it has the best characteristics of ICE in spades. I want that brash and loud rasp with a manual transmission as my toy car, even more so once everything has gone silent.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I wonder to what degree the people paying these prices are investing or simply trying to accumulate the best examples of ICE due to the extinction event everyone is expecting from EVā€™s. I specifically went after my R for the latter because there will never be another Voodoo and it has the best characteristics of ICE in spades. I want that brash and loud rasp with a manual transmission as my toy car, even more so once everything has gone silent.

I think this is part of it - I drove a GT500 and GT350 back to back about 4 times before I bought my 350.

The GT500 was incredible- but it was missing that something special the GT350 had - the GT350 was closer to that raw feeling that was the exact polar opposite of new EVs - this what I wanted

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
The 08 GTs are starting to rise again. Where are they headed? No clue. All of this is a calculated risk. If you can afford to risk, play on
Sponsored