Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Don’t know about that, since fossil fuels is a limited resource, why not using their oil before our?
Think about it…. Why depleting our reserves when they are more than willing to deplete their own stock to supply us…. Especially since there is not much of a financial advantage to use our own oil
If you are going to do that, you may not want to insult them prior to asking. Oil is a finite source of energy as is Lithium.
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Am I the only one who pulls up to the pump, puts in my credit card, pumps the gas, and then drives away without even looking at the bill?

None of this matters in the end. Its impossible to accurately predict what will happen even 6 months from now. Just drive the GT350 and enjoy.

I don't know how you guys have the energy to pontificate about all of this.
No you're not. However, when deciding whether or not to buy a GT500, I feel a slight concern about what my future carbon taxes on it will look like. Unfortunately at this moment we are being led by those who believe that we must reach net zero carbon emissions sooner rather than later. And that regulation and taxation of what they deem as "high emitters" is the key to reaching that goal. Along with brow beating our companies into compliance thru more regulation. Which forces the introduction of products that the majority of the public don't even want. I feel reasonably confident the GT500 will fall squarely into the "high emitter" designation. We already have the one-time gas guzzler tax on the car and I'm good with that but is anybody good with a reoccurring annual carbon tax on it? And we're probably talking about a tax that will only increase...

So, imagine you build a house and your property taxes are $1200 the first year but $8k after 5 years...without the equity. This is what they will do. Who's in charge matters.

Last edited:

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
No you're not. However, when deciding whether or not to buy a GT500, I feel a slight concern about what my future carbon taxes on it will look like. Unfortunately at this moment we are being led by those who believe that we must reach net zero carbon emissions sooner rather than later. And that regulation and taxation of what they deem as "high emitters" is the key to reaching that goal. Along with brow beating our companies into compliance thru more regulation. Which forces the introduction of products that the majority of the public don't even want. I feel reasonably confident the GT500 will fall squarely into the "high emitter" designation. We already have the one-time gas guzzler tax on the car and I'm good with that but is anybody good with a reoccurring annual carbon tax on it? And we're probably talking about a tax that will only increase...

So, imagine you build a house and your property taxes are $1200 the first year but $8k after 5 years...without the equity. This is what they will do. Who's in charge matters.
For me personally this is irrelevant. Taxes, fees, prices etc. change constantly and I have no control over it. My income taxes went up tens of thousands of dollars when the SALT deduction was capped. My property tax goes up every year. I have no control over this and I just pay what they tell me to pay and don't think about it. Makes little difference in the end. If someone wants me to pay an additional tax to drive my GT350 in the future then I will pay it. It is basically a 60k toy anyway. Do I think carbon taxes and the like are stupid? Yes. But I don't have the time or the energy to worry about this stuff because in the end my frustration is completely impotent and a waste of time.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I understand and at this point in my life it isn't a real concern. Regardless, I worry about young families and individuals early in their careers. I was talking to a young man about this exact thing and asked him how much more he's spending a week in gas? He said $300 more! Thats making $17 and hour or after taxes that's about 3 of his 20 working days a month just paying for a gas increase (that's assuming he's working full time)! Very sad how this affects people that are at a lower income level. I was there as a young father, so I feel their pain!
Yes unfortunately people in the lower and even middle income tiers get screwed. That is just a sad fact of life. I am familiar with that plight because I grew up in that demographic. Granted this was not in the USA but the themes and challenges I'm sure are similar. Being poor is expensive everywhere. And sadly folks in my generation seem to have had a particularly rough time given two once-in-a-lifetime recessions in the past 20 years just as they have been trying to get established in life. But that's just how it goes.

Last edited:

ccrook

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Am I the only one who pulls up to the pump, puts in my credit card, pumps the gas, and then drives away without even looking at the bill?

None of this matters in the end. Its impossible to accurately predict what will happen even 6 months from now. Just drive the GT350 and enjoy.

Yes thank you. As a 28 yr old there is A LOT that I could talk and complain about in regard to the future of ICE, the increasing housing market, the push for net zero, future carbon taxes, who holds executive power and what they're doing, etc etc. Not in this thread though, this has been an informative and enjoyable thread for many and I hope it keeps following that tone.

Speaking of such, anyone see the 1965 GT350R prototype get $3.7 mil at Mecum? That was exciting to see!

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Yep. I don't even look. The only thing I always do is go to Shell. I've been using Shell since the beginning. Hell, I even make my purchase more expensive by dumping in a can of Octanium. :crackup:

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I summarize it all as you have to pay to play. I bought this car as a toy and will enjoy it as such until it's no longer economic feasible. As long as I feel like I'm getting ROI on enjoyment from it that's all that matters. If they tax me 20k a year starting next year I'll sell it and built something more reasonable.

But the minute I Start looking at the gas bill when I put gas in it....slippery slope.

Life is short....I have incurable bone marrow cancer and just spent a week in the hospital with covid pneumonia.

Enjoy these great toys. To me they are a bargain vs the enjoyment I get out of them

Other cars are faster but none provide the pure driving enjoyment of the gt350 dollar for dollar

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I summarize it all as you have to pay to play. I bought this car as a toy and will enjoy it as such until it's no longer economic feasible. As long as I feel like I'm getting ROI on enjoyment from it that's all that matters. If they tax me 20k a year starting next year I'll sell it and built something more reasonable.

But the minute I Start looking at the gas bill when I put gas in it....slippery slope.

Life is short....I have incurable bone marrow cancer and just spent a week in the hospital with covid pneumonia.

Enjoy these great toys. To me they are a bargain vs the enjoyment I get out of them

Other cars are faster but none provide the pure driving enjoyment of the gt350 dollar for dollar
Appreciate you putting things in perspective for me...

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Anyone else find it very odd that there were no GT350Rs that crossed the block at Mecum and that none are scheduled for Scottsdale Barrett Jackson? Yet there is a new R that sells on BaT every single week?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not really. Even the number of Rs for sale in general, is REALLY low compared to when they were in production. What we saw back then were a lot of dealer-owned cars that had long been sold but remained on the autotraders for advertising purposes. Not so much today. Very desirable. I can really only see an S650 version putting the hurt on the values at some point....but who knows.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Anyone else find it very odd that there were no GT350Rs that crossed the block at Mecum and that none are scheduled for Scottsdale Barrett Jackson? Yet there is a new R that sells on BaT every single week?
BaT has gained a bit of reputations over the last year or so of getting some whales in to bid. Really if you have something newer such as a R. Rather take the risk of BAT and their 5% sale fee (don’t have to payor transport either) vs Barrett Jackson where you would (unless your local) 8%. Plus no reserve.
There’s definitely pros and cons but it’s too early yet to make a call.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
The big auction houses have gotten out of hand with all their fees. With no fees the seller and less to the buyer, BaT and C&B are a win for everyone. Over the last few year more and more high dollar cars are showing up there and I suspect that will be even more so as time goes on.
Sponsored