Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Definitely the GT350 is an awesome car worth experiencing. And it will only get tougher over time to find a new-ish GT350 to drive.
This is why I don’t think people should be in such a rush to sell these cars to make a quick buck. We are reaching the end of the ICE era and it’s only going to become more and more expensive to replace a GT350 with a similar car without having to go hybrid or electric. And that’s providing that manual transmission survive to the end of this decade.

DoorMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 Ram TRX
I think this is right on point. It’s a changing world.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
What's folo mean to you? Google says families of loved ones. I don't think that's what you are after. You mean YOLO?
My initial thought was:
ADSOITIHTGIOTFOWIBS
Another Damn Set Of Initials That I Have To Google In Order To Find Out What Is Being Said.

Then I was thinking:
JTOTSP
Just Type Out The Sentence Please.

:wink:

astronaut45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Mach 1
This is why I don’t think people should be in such a rush to sell these cars to make a quick buck. We are reaching the end of the ICE era and it’s only going to become more and more expensive to replace a GT350 with a similar car without having to go hybrid or electric. And that’s providing that manual transmission survive to the end of this decade.
I'm some ways that makes me worry about the future value. If our future leaders take away gas stations or force them to raise gas prices to 20 dollars a gallon via taxes, we're going to see people bail on ICE cars. The unfortunate truth is that our government has the power to make this market choice for us. At some point we'll own 3400 pound trophies of the good old days that we can't really use anymore and all move around in boring electric cars.

The GT350s one hope is that because of it's track focus, the value might skyrocket because finding analog track cars in the future looks likely to get harder and harder.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That’s way out of the realm of possibility. Fossil fuels aren’t going any where any time soon. The entire world’s supply chain runs on fossil fuels, internationally and domestically.

I'm some ways that makes me worry about the future value. If our future leaders take away gas stations or force them to raise gas prices to 20 dollars a gallon via taxes, we're going to see people bail on ICE cars. The unfortunate truth is that our government has the power to make this market choice for us. At some point we'll own 3400 pound trophies of the good old days that we can't really use anymore and all move around in boring electric cars.

The GT350s one hope is that because of it's track focus, the value might skyrocket because finding analog track cars in the future looks likely to get harder and harder.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

I would consider converting a special ICE car to natural gas in order to be able to keep driving it - assuming that is allowed.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Boy would that piss of the ……, I’m in.

I would consider converting a special ICE car to natural gas in order to be able to keep driving it - assuming that is allowed.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
You touched on what it’s alll about. And make no mistake, its aimed at developed countries like ours and in Europe. No third world country will have it.

They will have carbon neutral fuels that ICE can run on in a green future. They will be more expensive than fuel from the pump, but have a net zero carbon impact on the environment. Porsche is already investing in this type of fuel - https://www.porsche.com/internation...releases/pag/?id=658673&pool=international-de

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
That’s way out of the realm of possibility. Fossil fuels aren’t going any where any time soon. The entire world’s supply chain runs on fossil fuels, internationally and domestically.
And you turn off my heat and someones gonna die :crackup:

astronaut45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Mach 1
And you turn off my heat and someones gonna die :crackup:
I don't think fossil fuels are going anywhere for infrastructure and commercial transportation because they aren't dumb enough to try that yet, but they absolutely are targeting personal transportation. They have the major automakers on board too because of the tax cuts and credits they can offer.

10 years from now is going to look a lot different from today, and I hate it.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
It's all about who's agenda the people vote for. We were all told once we that America could not drill our way out of the problem. That was a bald faced lie. We have more oil than the kingdom of saudi arabia. We were pretty much energy independent very recently. And now have reverted back to a dependent. When the good times are gone in few years, it's because we as country voted for it.

astronaut45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Mach 1
It's all about who's agenda the people vote for. We were all told once we that America could not drill our way out of the problem. That was a bald faced lie. We have more oil than the kingdom of saudi arabia. We were pretty much energy independent very recently. And now have reverted back to a dependent. When the good times are gone in few years, it's because we as country voted for it.
Being just bluntly honest, Trump plus a Republican congress didn't really make a dent in actually repealing and replacing anything. Executive orders are good for exactly as long as you are in power, the next guy is just going to rescind them. I think we as voters are pretty much out of the picture now on this issue. The elites of the world are going to look at us like we are trying to hold on to CRT tvs and VCRs and dismiss us.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I don't think fossil fuels are going anywhere for infrastructure and commercial transportation because they aren't dumb enough to try that yet, but they absolutely are targeting personal transportation. They have the major automakers on board too because of the tax cuts and credits they can offer.

10 years from now is going to look a lot different from today, and I hate it.

Oh, it’s coming alright. This law will go into effect in NYC in December 2023, and it is just the start. Expect other cities to follow suit.

In a landmark moment for the effort to combat climate change, the New York City Council voted overwhelmingly on Wednesday to ban gas hookups in new buildings. The new law, which New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio will sign, bans new gas stoves, boilers and heaters in new buildings and buildings that undergo gut renovations.
Sponsored