Prices are on the rise......

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
We’ll see. It’s for sure not selling in the 60’s, 70’s, or I’m bett’n in the 80’s.

I saw that one too. Tech pack car. I would imagine if I were able to ever afford a 15 it would be a tech pack car….. let’s see where this one lands!

Care to have a guess? It’s already at $60k with a week to go. Heading north of a 100?
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I am guessing that this Tech Pack chassis #87 car will sell in the high 60's or low 70's at the very best unless the market has changed dramatically in the last couple of months? :inspect:

I previously owned chassis #77 (Track Pack) and I sold it in the summer of 2020 with 42 miles on it and was still on the MSO and sold for $85,800.

F0077 then reappeared this last September at RM Auctions in Auburn with 60 miles on it and was still on the MSO and sold for only $79,750 just over a year later and the consignor paid selling commissions on top of that lower hammer price.

Based on the above it certainly confirms that choosing the right auction house and a great venue location is paramount when it comes to getting the best results for your car with Auburn, Indiana certainly not on my list after that dismal showing as obviously the consignor took a bath on #77.

Never say never and good luck to the consignor as we are not in normal times when it comes to pricing these 2nd generation GT350's. :fingerscrossed:

F0077-2.jpg

F0077-1.jpg

F0077.jpg

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I saw that one too. Tech pack car. I would imagine if I were able to ever afford a 15 it would be a tech pack car….. let’s see where this one lands!

Care to have a guess? It’s already at $60k with a week to go. Heading north of a 100?
Could be wrong but the Tech Pack will hurt it IMHO

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Could be wrong but the Tech Pack will hurt it IMHO
No doubt the tech pack cars are the least desirable of the 2015 MY….. making it the ‘15 I’ll most likely be able to afford one day (as opposed to a track pack or an R)

Sponsored

ccrook

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
No doubt the tech pack cars are the least desirable of the 2015 MY….. making it the ‘15 I’ll most likely be able to afford one day (as opposed to a track pack or an R)
Accurate. I expect the 2015 R to be one of FoMoCo's most historic cars, along with the 1965 R

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Dang I blew my cookie jar $100,000 on gray paint and curtains already!!! Shoot!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Why can’t we all just be happy for the dude in that he got a sweet ride. The fact that it hammered for what it did is a bonus to us.
Minor correction - dude got a sweet COLLECTIBLE. He might sit in it and make engine noises, but I doubt he will ride in it.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
While I don’t disagree we are in a bubble, I don’t think they can let this one deflate. The acronyms for the programs they will roll out if we start to see sustained deflation will boggle the mind.

The type of inflation we are experiencing now is rotating from supply chain issues to psychological.
I would also like to add I think inflation is a good thing for the majority of people. Inflation is the ultimate bailout for anyone with debt.

The ultimate question is are today’s prices good compared to where they will be in a year. I would say yes.

I have an order in for a C8. That thing is a steal.
I agree with you.

However this whole R and HEP value thing seems to be disproportionate and untimely. These values seem to be a bit premature and maybe it is because these high profile sales were surrounded by a bunch of artificial hype created by a following as seen on the comments section of BaT. We had two bidders in the final stretch on that HEP. Two people. Looking at the posts on BaT, I wonder if any of those bidders may have been influenced? By what? By who? I don't know. Many of the posts were by people here on M6G. I get that they are enthusiasts, but it seemed to me that they were nothing more than a cheerleading squad hyping up the price.

I think that it is certain that these times are unique and the issues affecting the economy as a whole are influencing the market and I believe that this phenomenon will be short lived.

If the winning bidder is happy with his purchase at that price, great. I do believe in the "it's your money, do what you want with it", but I feel he made a decision based upon a lot of the hype you see around here on this forum.

I predict that the values will go down once the world sorts itself. Again, I hope I am wrong. If these are the new correct values, then that suits many here on this forum. For me, it doesn't matter. Like some have said, I don't plan to sell (short of a life event). I absolutely believe that these cars will be long term collectors, but most importantly, fun to enjoy in the mean time.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I agree with you.

However this whole R and HEP value thing seems to be disproportionate and untimely. These values seem to be a bit premature and maybe it is because these high profile sales were surrounded by a bunch of artificial hype created by a following as seen on the comments section of BaT. We had two bidders in the final stretch on that HEP. Two people. Looking at the posts on BaT, I wonder if any of those bidders may have been influenced? By what? By who? I don't know. Many of the posts were by people here on M6G. I get that they are enthusiasts, but it seemed to me that they were nothing more than a cheerleading squad hyping up the price.

I think that it is certain that these times are unique and the issues affecting the economy as a whole are influencing the market and I believe that this phenomenon will be short lived.

If the winning bidder is happy with his purchase at that price, great. I do believe in the "it's your money, do what you want with it", but I feel he made a decision based upon a lot of the hype you see around here on this forum.

I predict that the values will go down once the world sorts itself. Again, I hope I am wrong. If these are the new correct values, then that suits many here on this forum. For me, it doesn't matter. Like some have said, I don't plan to sell (short of a life event). I absolutely believe that these cars will be long term collectors, but most importantly, fun to enjoy in the mean time.
Agree here with the caveat of the steep inflation that may keep up the prices in the end/ Now, thats not a good thing. Having more inflated dollars does not equal a profit.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Minor correction - dude got a sweet COLLECTIBLE. He might sit in it and make engine noises, but I doubt he will ride in it.
Aside from your assumption as to whether or not the new owner will drive his or her new acquisition or just keep this cool car as a collectible, do you have a problem with that?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Aside from your assumption as to whether or not the new owner will drive his or her new acquisition or just keep this cool car as a collectible, do you have a problem with that?
Furthermore - If he has a problem with that - Do you have a problem that he has a problem?
Good thing we have the opinion police around.
Sponsored